CLYW's new employee.

I don’t think Jason Lee gets nearly as much love as he deserves but seriously, how many throwers do you know of that don’t love Augie?

Yuki

1 Like

I’m so excited to be working with Jensen … this last month has been such a blast! As you all know, my wife and I had a baby last month and with the new work load there was no way I could keep up. Jensen’s first day was on October 1st and he’s been killing it ever since. Currently he’s been focusing on assembly, testing, packaging, brainstorming, writing, etc … day to day fun stuff.

So so happy to see Jensen doing better and happy again. So proud of him for all of his hard work to get to where he is now. I feel so lucky to be able to work together with such a fun/creative/brilliant person.

On a side note, don’t know why you guys are arguing about yoyoers and who deserves more credit … we’re all on the same team. Yoyoing is awesome! Lets keep innovating it!

6 Likes

How’s the baby anyways?

And that’s awesome that you have Jensen actually working with you.

Ok, but what are this guy’s qualifications? I don’t want CLYW to be undermined by some newcomer who doesn’t know the first thing about throwing.

4 Likes

It’s awesome to see him back in this community! When you get good at yoyoing, you can never completely quit, you’ll always come back to it. He sure is lucky to have such a great boss! And Stookie, Jensen is probably one of the best yoyoers alive.

I think he was being facetious, buddy. lol

he was joking.

Awesome. :slight_smile:

1 Like

i think you’d have to be around when jensen was comin’ up - to see why he’s so ‘hyped’.

there was a time there, over a span of a year, where he just dominated. in the u.s. or overseas, he consistently out tricked, out shined and out pointed the competition. but it wasn’t just points in a contest - he innovated and to some extent redefined yo yoin’. things he was doin’ just weren’t on anyone’s radar…truly an original.

also, steve brown already won trick innovator of the year, if i recall correctly. i don’t think you can win the award twice.

mgodinez

cloudy…

Interesting Fact: Jensen won trick innovator of the year, but then shipped the award to Sid.

is this for real?

I can only hope so, Sid deserves that title way more than Jensen.

I don’t see why everyone is so stoked, has Jensen ever done anything but bail on his friends an employers before? I watched him when he was coming up, for sure, he’s good, but… wtf? How many times do people have to make this dude signature yoyos and then get bailed on before people realize what kind of professional life he seems to live.

Jensen deserved it more than anybody that year. You don’t know what’s going on in his life, so don’t comment.

Finally! Jensen we love you!!

This happens every time a thread talks about Jensen. Every single time.

Anyway, congratulations Chris and of course, to Jensen for being the first employee! :smiley:

Correct. Actually, I won it a few times. The Trick Innovator Award winner was supposed to be determined by the previous winner. Several previous winners tried to award it to me, and the National YoYo Museum told them I was ineligible, and to choose someone else. I have no idea why they decided to suddenly make me eligible in 2011, but they did. They also forgot to tell me I’d won it, or call and congratulate me, or send me the medal. After I bugged them for it, they finally sent it to me last week. I sent it along to someone else because I thought it would mean a lot more for him to receive it with genuine admiration from me, than for me to receive it grudgingly from people who didn’t even care enough to congratulate me.

Do not put your faith in awards. They are treacherous and meaningless, and frequently given for reasons we’re not privy to. Put your faith in the people you inspire, because being able to do that is a lot more important.

Sure you have. Ever seen someone playing 5A?

:wink:

Also, here’s a few hundred tricks I made up: http://www.youtube.com/user/unklesteve

And here’s some more: Steve Brown on Vimeo

Enjoy!

Also, really nice to see Jensen smiling. REALLY nice. :slight_smile: In fact, seeing that pic on Instagram the other day COMPLETELY made my week.

Glad to see you’re doing well, kiddo.

5 Likes

What, there’s one person who doesnt kiss his butt as much as possible?

:smiley:

I hope you know I meant less than no offense. I didn’t mean that you weren’t to be seen or hadn’t done much. I just haven’t taken the time to watch a bunch of your videos.
Thank you for the links. I’ll be checking them out this weekend!
And thanks for 5A, it’s one of my favorite ways to hurt my knuckles (and I have hurt them literally 100s of ways).

I sure don’t, we’re both too busy working.

6 Likes