CLYW Yeti Release Discussion Thread - Another 200 going to be Released...

Instagram is my favorite social media. ;D That’s the notification that I got. I just heard the chime, and grabbed the laptop 2 feet away, refreshed the store page already open, and all these stocked Yetis popped up. ;D I was going for grey, and there were 24 in stock just of that color, so I bust a move.

I was quick though, I had my devices close by, knew what color I wanted, and had payment information already set up.

Yup thats what I did but the Yetis popped up for me noticably later and I barely got one

I was noticing Lag both on the site and face book page for several minutes before the Yeti’s popped up and I was constantly refreshing during that time.

but whatever I got one so its cool

I’m glad you scored. Yeah, the catch for me is not to refresh, and just wait. When you refresh you seem to start back from the beginning of the load. It kills me to wait, because I don’t know how long until it loads, or if it will load, but I’ve always done better waiting it out.

You should see some of the comments on IG, a few people are way too bent out of shape about not getting a Yeti. And, there is still a day left! Some of these kids are so disrespectful. :-[

Here’s a video of me freaking out over the Yeti release. So exciting

Great video Erik!

My fiancé and I got us a Yeti. Sure was an adrenaline rush trying to make sure you got it. Found it more fun than stressful to get. But we talked, and we are unsure if we will even play with it. Might not even take it out of the box.

Yoyos are just toys that are meant to be played with

It might be “collectable” but really, if you aren’t a collector and want to play it, go for it! It’s a plastic so it will do better with damage anyway! :slight_smile:

I’m going to use mine, but not over concrete. As I learned from Toy Story 2 - toys are meant to be played with, and the Yeti will be no exception.

Future Yeti owners like myself should take a look at this video I found earlier as I’m hearing the Yeti is kind of a maintenance nightmare if you aren’t experienced.

http://www.clyw.ca/yeti-maintenance/

In short, these have YYF “Death Spacers” that we’ve all come to love, and they say to avoid unscrewing the yoyo, use a pick or something to remove a knot…much like the old days before we had take apart designs.

Thanks Garret

Yeah, better with damage. I seriously doubt that. You damage yours and send me a pic of it when you do…lol

Mine is virtually indestructable!!!

With that being said if you don’t want your string to snap do not use a flat bearing with these!!!

Once while I was tuning mine a few months ago I had decided to put in a flat 10 ball instead of ctx. After about 5 minutes of throwing the string snapped on a hard break-away and sent my Yeti skittering across my carpet floor… and straight toward the only tile part of my basement! The Yeti was like a hockey puck bouncing back and fourth between the baseboard and my island bar. To my surprise my Yeti was unharmed.

I don’t mean that it will magically play better or anything but the Yeti doesn’t really ding the same way a metal yoyo does. But then I suppose it could potentially shatter but I’ve never heard of that happening.

Are any on bst for $125 yet?

Not yet… Lol but if they released the yeti before. Months ago… I feel it will probably be released again a few months from now after tomorrows final sale… They’ll be back. But just like any other Yeti, they will go into hiding first.

3intese5me :o

i would get another yeti (i traded stuff for one, i didnt buy one lol), but im always broke at countdowns like this lol

I think tomorrow will be the last run of Yeti’s forever.

Yeah, I’ve heard that this will be the last run of this type of yeti, but they are making another one with a slightly different design and different type of plastic.

The new one is supposed to play better and be easier for them to produce.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge can chime in.

I got nothing.

Super intrigued about it though. Can’t wait to try the newer ones when they come out.

My friend threw mine before I sanded it and it smacked the wall lol, left a nice mark.

Damage doesn’t bother me in the slightest as long as I, or someone I know personally, caused it.

(The only time I don’t like dings are when it’s on a bi-metal and dinging it could potentially induce serious vibe.)