Chess anyone?

Love It!!

Awesome! I guess the tricky part is getting it to lie flat?

Anyone interested in playing?

@stevejspins and I have had games running for over a year now.

2 Likes

@AKYOYOMIKE my man

1 Like

Thanks for finding this. I LOVE CHESS, almost as much as throwing.
I have made 2 chess boards one in pottery and one at HomeDepot :slight_smile:

Love chess.com if anyone wants to play i am happy to. on chess.com im ProfShcnitzel.

6 Likes

I had a dream one night that I was literally ‘in’ a Game of Chess.

I was the Man who would be King.

Sadly, my Queen told me to stay out of the game.

She warned me that if I played, the Knights would Rook me and Pawn my stuff.

I asked my friend ‘Bishop’ for advice. But he told me he was too Board to get involved.

I was surprised that Bishop declined to offer better advice. He almost always seems to ‘have an angle’.

To me, there are just too many Squares in the Game.

Anyway, back to the Castle.

Chess is just not the Game for me because unfortunately, I have a very Checkered past.

3 Likes

Love the Home Depot board!

1 Like

Gnome, I was baiting you with that bump.
Looks like you are just toying with the bait!

1 Like

I remember the chess phase. I really got into it in 8th grade but it died off quick :joy:

I remember a really brief Chess phase, was in high school when I first learned. We’d play in class on our down time playing the winner. There was one day the teacher got upset when some class members were acting up (we had a surge of newcomers that arrived mid year that made it bad for the rest of us). We had the Chess board privileges revoked briefly. I remember us playing “paper chess” with some binder paper and hand-written names of the pieces.

Haven’t played in a while as I was never any good at it. Recently gave it a spin again on the “Clubhouse Games” on the Nintendo Switch. While it’s just a Chess game, it looks visually beautiful on the Switch.

I enjoy chess and bought a couple decent chess sets direct from India. The only person I know that plays is my great-nephew. We have not played since he went off to college. I was a member of chess.com years ago. Don’t remember my name. I don’t really enjoy chess on computer or iPad.

2 Likes

Anyone know the four move checkmate?

2 Likes

1, 2, 3, 4 :wink:

1 Like

I played a few games online for the first time in ages the other day! I got worked over by a 5th grader! :sweat_smile:

I’d be no competition for a grandmaster like you!

3 Likes

Gnome, I think you have me confused with @dizzo

1 Like

Grandmaster I am not. Id love to be one day, but probably will never happen. Currently rated in the low 1600s. I like to think that if I work really hard I could be before I die.
My club hasnt been able to meet since covid. total bummer.

3 Likes

i came close to breaking 1600 once… once…

1 Like

When I was a in 9th grade I was a member of Key Club. It is a volunteer service organization. My brother was in 12th grade and also a member. Our club was attending the Key Club convention in Sacramento CA. A chess tournament was one of the events of the convention. I was talked into entering the tournament so that our club would at least have an entry. I am a casual player and had never played in a tournament. I played the first game of the tournament. My opponent checkmated me in about five moves, and I was eliminated from the tournament.

As it turned out my opponent was the winner of the tournament and had won many other tournaments.

I had no chance.

I still enjoy playing and watching others play. I enjoy playing against computers or electronic devices.

There is nothing like playing a human and real pieces on a board.

2 Likes

Chess makes my brain hurt.

Reviving this thread since I’ve been having fun playing daily games with a few forum members on Chess.com recently.

Shoot me a PM if anyone wants to play!

2 Likes