Chess anyone?

Anyone here play chess?

I’m pretty bad but I enjoy playing :joy:

If you play on chess.com, post your username

10 Likes

Me! I’ve played pretty consistently for the past ~8 years, but I haven’t had much time to play recently because of college. Chess.com username: tintavares

5 Likes

Alright you’re gonna have to give me knight or rook odds to start off if we play :joy:

3 Likes

not my precious knight :sleepy:

2 Likes

I almost always win among family and friends, but im pretty much ignorant of competitive strategy. I also remember beating the Windows PC computer on advanced a few times, but I havent played in years. Id be owned online though. I got into playing Go in college and found it to be a much more nuanced game, but chess is cool too.

Maybe ill give it a shot Andy, but ill probably lose, lol

6 Likes

Same lol. I really like the game but I miscalculate stuff very easily.

2 Likes

i MESSED UP I WANT A REMATCH :joy:

5 Likes

Ok so like… I’ve never played anyone that actually knows how to play chess before soooo

I’m good compared to my friends I SWEAR

6 Likes

You’re not bad; you just need more experience lol

2 Likes

I think imma need rook odds :joy:

2 Likes

take my queen if you want :rofl:

Also how the heck do you customize a board like that

1 Like

It’s an option for daily games, you can’t do it for live which sucks, and I don’t think you can set it on mobile

1 Like

I’ve dabbled in Chess, Go, and Shogi in the past. Was never particularly good at any of them, mostly because I suck at calculating candidate moves in my head. My brain just can’t keep the board state clear while it goes through the possible moves. But I love the aesthetics of a beautiful game set, which is why Internet play has never appealed to me much. I want to look at a real board and handle real pieces.

3 Likes

I play noticeably worse on a virtual board. There’s just something about touching and seeing the pieces that makes my game more precise.

1 Like

I think my username on chess.com is maawolfe36, can’t really tell from the app… Lol I like chess but I’m not good at all. Like, seriously beginner, I’ll mess up six times just during the opening. But I enjoy it and I’d be happy to play sometime. I’m usually busy on Sunday and Monday, due to church and family stuff on Sunday and college stuff on Monday, but other days I’d be happy to work a game in.

That’s exactly how I feel both about my chess playing and yo-yo playing haha, but I, definitely pretty horrible at chess.:sweat_smile:

I’m too dumb-dumb for chess…

I’m all like:

/heavily thinks for 5 minutes…
“Ummm…I think I’ll move my pawn 1 space to here?”

And opponent’s all like:

/thinks for 2 seconds
…I move my horse dude here…and…
CHECKMATE SUCKA!!!

And then I’m all like:
:weary: :sob: :triumph:

1 Like

So like me, you know that an Atari isn’t just a video game system.

2 Likes

Just sent you a challenge.

1 Like

I made a chess set out of yew for a college project years ago. I designed all the prices myself and made the board out of slate. I’ll try and dig it out.

I enjoy chess but I really love xiangqi which is Chinese chess. Similar strategy wise but has a few interesting peices and rules that make it challenging.

6 Likes