Board Game Players

Are there any board gamers here? If so, what’s your favorite game?

4 Likes

Villainous!

Being a Disney fan is a bit of a prerequisite, but Disney aside Villainous is one of the most creative and cleverly balanced games I’ve ever played.

It’s fun being evil.

Just got the new expansion last weekend, there are a lot of villains now!

4 Likes

Does this count?

9 Likes

Board gamer here! My fiancee and I love Eldritch Horror, Spirit Island, Nemo’s War, Legendary Alien, Innovation, Glory to Rome, Mansions of Madness, Robinson Crusoe, and some I’m forgetting.

How about you?

5 Likes

Just read about it. Seems interesting, might look at a youtube video to see gameplay.

3 Likes

I play board games, but mostly obscure ones that aren’t “fun”.

• Age of Steam
  • Roads and Boats
  • Ricochet Robot
  • Antiquity
  • Food Chain Magnate
  • Hanabi
2 Likes

Favorite competitive games: Trekking around the world, Citadel

Favorite co-op game: Forbidden Desert, 5 Min Mystery, Mysterium

Games I want to try: Sleeping Gods, Zombicide

2 Likes

Shogi:

9 Likes

Pandemic but nobody wants to play lately…

2 Likes

You’re a glutton for punishment for some of those games :rofl:

1 Like

I wish that the Hero Quest reboot that Hasbro did recently was a better product. That game was SICK as a kid. Anybody ever play it?

1 Like

My favorites board game is still Scrabble, but I’m also a big fan of Resistance: Avalon and Small World. I’ve also played a ton of King of Tokyo, as my then 4 year old was really into it.

2 Likes

Chess & Backgammon

Edit:
I have been buying and selling high-end backgammon sets for years (mostly ebay). The prices for bakelite/catalin backgammon sets/checkers are just INSANE.

Same for chess. High-end Chess, however, has not enjoyed the same appreciation in value as backgammon. Not sure why.

2 Likes

I love Scrabble. I do, however, detest playing people that use words that I literally, have never heard of.
… Just not fair.

2 Likes

Currently playing the new 7 wonders

Carrom!!!

2 Likes

I love Carrom! Which form of Carrom do you like to play (Indian or American)?

Chess, Risk, Stratego, Settlers of Catan. I don’t play any board games regularly though.

Ivan

2 Likes

I helped setup a bonsai display at a masters match between the #1 and #2 shogi players in japan. I learned a lot about the game and was suprised how long 1 match can take… i will stick to chess

We have a lot of smaller games that seem to get the most table time like Point Salad, For Sale, and No Thanks. As of late though Photosynthesis has been the go to

2 Likes