Let's talk Mechanical Keyboards

Oh, man, tell me about it. I blame Deskthority and its Cappening threads that filled me with so much keycap envy I actually endured a 7bit GB…

5 Likes

Yeah, I have some R5 and R6 SAs myself from ole 7-bit. What a cluster… /r/mechmarket has slain my wallet over the past year or so… And they keep making, and I can’t stop buying, awesome GMK kits…

My workbench right now…

MK Madness

1 Like

Sweet!

Here’s my current endgame board (I need to take a new photo of it with my YYF Space Cadet throw next to it):

topre_space_cadet

11 Likes

Mmm, that’s some nice toprey goodness right here. Space Cadet looks great on it. I was thinking about picking up one of the new R2s.

As for endgame, I’ve convinced myself that’s a “per keyboard” thing XD

And since you’ve got Space Cadet, then you’re quite familiar with the walletsuck known as massdrop as well lol.

Yes, MassDrop was my main walletsuck for the last couple of years, but lately its been YYE. :wink:

2 Likes

This is my current daily driver in it’s endgame attire.

IMG_4407

For anyone curious, that keycap on the upper right is an artisan key called a “Shishi” in the “Nightrunner” colorway that sells for about $350.00. I was lucky to get in on the initial purchase raffle at retail cost of 70. This hobby is nuts.

3 Likes

Yeah… I hear ya. I’ve been looking for a new throw myself, and was reminiscing about “theyo.com” days. Lead me here to find JHB to see how he’s been doin :smiley:

Full of Laser goodness, I see!

I never got into artisan keycaps. Don’t own a single one. My wallet is grateful.

Hahaha, I hear ya man, I held out for a long time, but ETF’s Poisoned Summer sale last year sucked me in. I try to only pickup caps that match my keysets, and only one per board. Slippery damn slope, that’s for sure.

The Spades Queen artisan that dropped recently on MD had three versions that were color-matched to Carbon, which I have, but as cool as the sculpt was, I just would never be able to bring myself to put one on any keyboard of mine.

Honestly, man, a lot of artisans are really goofy and stupid looking. Just because it’ll go on a stem, doesn’t mean it looks good on a board, that’s for sure.

I also have one of these:

to go with this board:

5 Likes

Nice, man, that matches really well! Is that a Norbatouch there? I’ve got a Tactical Black Norbauer case for my novatouch I’ve yet to install. Good stuff. Hmm… Now I have to find a throw that matches Laser lol. And that my friends is FOMO is action.

1 Like

Yep, it is a Norbatouch indeed. I also have a Space Station White one with an MT3 /dev/tty Triumph set on it (its what I’m typing on right now, in fact), and a Tactical Gray one with SA Carbon on it. Ryan Norbauer makes exquisite cases.

Ahh aluminum, such a wonderful metal lol. Good stuff, man. That space station white sounds like a candidate for Godspeed.

Thank God I don’t know what y’all are talking about.

7 Likes

dev_tty_norbatouch

I’m not really a fan of the Godspeed colors. Pastels are not really my thing.

4 Likes

I hear ya, I flipped a couple sets, but never mounted it up myself. I’ve still got a TKL set I need to move. To be fair, that board looks fantastic just as it is, that board has been fully endgamed. With your matching cables even. I still have yet to buy some matching cables… Never expected to be having an mk conversation here today, but this has been fun, man.

Come take a dip in the mechanical water! You can get boards and keysets to match your throws lol.

1 Like