Chess Players?

I’m Whos2move on chess.com

If you send me an email I’ll invite you to a game, or you can sign up on your own.
I’m an amateur player, so ability is not a factor.

6 Likes

I used to be in a Chess club, my book opening is the Colle, I played in U600 and U900, I got second place at a tournament back in 2016.

11 Likes

I can play chess but I am terrible. I keep meaning to play more and try to improve

3 Likes

It doesn’t matter. Best way to get better is have a few daily games going.

2 Likes

I keep my board on the table, my wife and I just make a move every once in a while. Our games probably last 3-4 days. Used to be in chess club in HS, but I’m sure my lack of practice would show.

2 Likes

I should have added, I usually have @ 20 games going, 7 days per move.

3 Likes

I love the game (I also love shogi and go). But I’m not very good at any of them, mostly because I am terrible at calculating and don’t have the patience for it. I also don’t have an intuitive grasp of on-board “situational awareness” even though I understand the essential strategic principles of play.

4 Likes

I’m Myk_Myk on Chess.com. I mostly play daily Chess, both standard and 960. @stevejspins is sent a friend request!

1 Like

Anyone who sends me an email, I’ll invite to a game. Max 7 days per move.

I’m scared to.

2 Likes

That response combined with your avatar made me chuckle :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

A U600 tournament is probably the only chess tournament I could podium in too :joy::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

yeah, it was my coach’s decision which one I entered, I wasn’t that good so I didn’t ever go into over 1000+ rating games, also my USCF expired so I lost my rating.

I only liked to play blitz games and didn’t care for reading on tactics and strategy too much so I didn’t get much of a chance to improve either.

2 Likes

I love chess. Can’t say I’m any good, but I definitely don’t mind losing a lot. It does help improve. Look me up on chess.com also under LordFungus.

1 Like

used to be second in primary school now retired
can play if you want

1 Like

I enjoy chess, but I’m terrible. And I find myself growing impatient with how long games can take.

My favorite is Backgammon. No doubt it’s not as mentally challenging as chess, but there’s still a ton of thinking and strategy involved. It’s the perfect mix of fast pace and intellectually stimulating in my opinion

1 Like

I play around 20 games are more, but each has 7 days to make a move, so there are only a dozen boards to play one move at a time. You can take your time.

1 Like

I’m ok at chess, but I kill at Knightmare Chess.

1 Like

I’m not a serious player, but I do have fun playing my older brother in LA and my son away at university via text. Instead of an app, we send photos back and forth.

5 Likes