Check out this hilariously bad News Article on Yoyos

Ok… so I love when new people get their first throw, or when anyone out side of the “Yoyo world” talks about us weirdos :rofl:

But this article posted by Fox 31 in Denver just cracked me up.

Did you know:

“1a is best for beginners and those wanting to learn basic tricks”

And 4a doesn’t involve a string at all!

Also… I learned that high end yoyos can cost upwards of $20! Especially if they include a string!

Anyways, check it out, get a laugh, but honestly I am just hopeful this article inspires someone to get into throwing even with the interesting info. :rofl:

Here’s the article 》》》Kdvr.com/reviews/br/toys-games-br/hobby-collectibles-br/best-yo-yo-for-yo-yo-tricks/

15 Likes

Just wait until they find out about the Turbo Bumblebee GT

7 Likes

I wanted to blow their minds with a screenshot of me buying a $30 Silenus or something like that… :rofl::rofl::rofl:

“Look at that crazy guy spending $30 on a yoyo! #baller

7 Likes

It really goes to show you how niche we are in the general scheme of things to the general public.

And I’m fine with that, but they have no clue how much fun they are missing out on.

18 Likes

I sure do love freestyle yoyoing

6 Likes

Doesn’t involve the string when performing tricks?

5 Likes

Ah yes, stringless 4A. You just chuck yoyos at the audience for points.

8 Likes

(This user has been censored by forum moderators)

2 Likes

Wait till they find out about 44A…

It doesn’t even involve a Player🙀

PS…something I did learn, though/most useful>

ALLthese hundreds of yo-yos I have accumulated in the last 25 years. Titaniums, TISS yoze/ Magnesium, 7068, 7075, 6061, stainless steel, etc………

And all I really needed to rock, is a Fireball.

Go figure🤔

9 Likes

I mean they’re not wrong. The RSO Droid is certainly upwards of 20 dollars. I can’t wait to try one and then chuck it in the river because of 4A. I’m also disappointed in myself for using the wrong string gauge, but it doesn’t matter since I’m switching to 4A.

4 Likes

That’s actually the secret to winning at worlds… you just chuck a stringless Ti or Bi-Metal hard enough at the judge in order to knock them out and you write down whatever score you feel is appropriate…

That’s how Gentry wins… I’m sure of it.

5 Likes

That is complete bull!

Gentry has Never used a Ti or bi-metal yo-yo to knock out scoring Judges…… ever.

He uses Polycarbonate yo-yos.

Get your facts straight…

3 Likes

The spare string is how they get you every time. It’s like undercoating.

4 Likes

I’ll hook you up Doc, 500 Fireballs for your collection. Offer only good for 24 hours. I’d toss in a Yomega Brain but it would lopside it in your favor a bit too much.

7 Likes

I think this says it all…

Where to buy: Sold by Amazon

Shop Now

They get a cut on all sales so they go after the lowest common denominator.

9 Likes

:laughing:

Heres the three other characters: :person_fencing::unicorn::croissant:

3 Likes

Ok, so I get that articles like this are intended to prey on the ignorant, written by people who know nothing about their topic and whose research is usually extremely lazy, but where did the author pick up the ideas about string numbers?

“Yo-yo strings come in different thicknesses, such as types 6, 8 and 9.”

Where did they even scrape info like that from? Did that used to be a thing?

Ivan

2 Likes

In a lot of places, it still is.

7 Likes

Interesting! I just learned something from a clickbait article! (Well maybe not from the article but from this forum after questioning the article.)

But then there’s the Type 9 string they mention. If Type 6 is three strands doubled, Type 8 is four strands doubled, what is Type 9? Four and a half strands doubled?

Ivan

4 Likes

Yea, that’s a little hinky…I’m not sure about Type 9.
I think I’ve heard of Type 10 before, but not Type 9.

1 Like