Cadence ES Storytime Giveaway

I work for a law enforcement agency and from time to time we have to transport our clients to hospitals for major illnesses or injuries. This one client had gotten into a fight and broke their hand, and we were waiting for x-rays and a cast. My partner forgot his diabetes medication in his car and had to drive back to our facility to get it. Without thinking I hand him the vehicle keys and he took off. About 15 minutes later our client announces he has to urinate; problem is he’s cuffed and my handcuff keys are clipped to the vehicle keys and my spares are in my bag… in said vehicle. So after another 15 minute wait the situation starts getting desperate; with the help of an angel of a nurse we somehow manage to get 3 people in a stall, half twisted around, everyone praying no one gets sprayed. Without fail, the moment we step out of the restroom there’s my partner with a Cheshire Cat grin saying, “sorry bro, I think I took your keys.”

4 Likes

This probably isn’t a great story, but that’s fine. I want a Cadence. So sue me. Except please don’t because I would rather buy a cadence than pay more legal fees.

I was a little kid, around 6 years old. I was about to embark on my first trip to Korea in order to visit my family. I had a stuffed tiger named Macaroni that I absolutely adored.

I, of course, left it at home, too occupied by Pokémon Pearl in my Nintendo DS Lite.

I cried. And cried. But, I was halfway across the world when I noticed, so I couldn’t just drive back home and attach myself to my tiger again.

My birthday was the next day, and coincidentally the table leg broke and my cake fell face first onto the floor. Hmmm. What a great start to my visit.

I enjoyed Korea though, which is what mattered.

3 Likes

One time i was had to go to by sisters band concert and we were late but we had to take my sister. My sister was putting her shoes on in the garage and then i came in the car and closed the door and my dad thought my sister was in the car so we left without her even though it was her concert. We only realized till we were half way to the school.

4 Likes

Once I was going to Peru for a 9 week trip. I had the feeling I was for sure forgetting something but after hours of thinking I couldn’t figure out what it could be so I gave up, got my bags and we left. After traveling for hours I was finally in Lima and super tired, when we were finally there I was ready to completely fall asleep for 24 hours, that’s when I thought “MY NIGHTGUARD” (teeth grinding is the reason I need it haha, depends also on how stressed I am). I was very nervous because… I had already broken a tooth before because I forgot to wear my nightguard, so I was afraid that during that night or until I was able to go out to get another one the worse would happen… and it did, I was eating chicken and felt a piece of my tooth fall off. It was because the whole 12 hours I was sleeping I was grinding my teeth hard because of the stress of not having my nightguard :joy: (this didn’t break it but it weakened it a lot). Tooth fixed but the pain that day taught me to follow my instincts whenever I feel something isn’t right haha.

5 Likes

one time i was gonna eat pizza rolls on my way to piano lessons and on my way to piano lessons i realized i forgot to turn off the oven but i didnt say anything to my mom. when we got home it smelled really burnt but the house wasent on fire so that was good. i opened the oven and 1 pizza roll was on fire. i didnt know pizza rolls were flammable. since im smart i decided to throw a towel on the pizza roll but that cought on fire too. i ended up getting the fire out but i never got my rolls of happiness :confused:

6 Likes

One time I was in the airport about to travel to Singapore from the UK. It was my first time flying alone. The night before I had spent ages ensuring I had packed everything but I know that naturally when you’re tired you always forget at least one thing. I just prayed it wouldn’t be something I considered essential.

My parents arrive at the airport, get to the barriers and we are about to say goodbye when I realise I’ve left my orthodontic retainers in the bathroom cupboard at home.

I’ve had orthodontic treatment carried out on me for 6 years. There’s a lot of time and money invested into these teeth, and I wasn’t going to let that go to waste over a month by not having my retainers. I’ve felt how painful it is to put the retainers back in after a few nights of not wearing them. I wasn’t prepared to travel for so long without them that they wouldn’t fit anymore.

So I explained my plight to my parents. There wasn’t enough time to return home, so we came up with a better plan. They got my brother who was at home to call an Uber to the airport. My dad then told my brother to just give the driver the retainer box and tell him to drive to the airport, where my dad would meet him in a specific place.

Fast forward half an hour and the Uber arrives. We see the man park up and roll down the passenger window. We walk over and I pop my head in. He looks immensely confused, but says my brother’s name and I tell him yes. He points to the backseat and I crane my head to peer in that direction.

There, sat on the middle seat and strapped in with seatbelt, sat my retainer box. This man went ahead and gave my retainers the full passenger experience.

My retainers gave the driver 5 stars. Safety first!

5 Likes

Ive already purchased a Cadence, but someone’s story reminded me of one of my own. Pretty embarrassing, but I’ll let everyone laugh at me.

I’m really young. Kindergarten-first grade young. We’re on a vacation for my birthday-skiing somewhere an hour outside of Pittsburgh.

I brought my FAVORITE teddy bear on the trip, because I bring that teddy bear everywhere I go. Literally everywhere, the thing doesn’t leave my side. Well, until I leave it at the ski resort, that is.

I slept the whole ride home, so this wasn’t noticed until the next morning, when I’m scream-crying, like that hyperventilating crying little kids do. My parents try everything to calm me down, but I’m not having it. Call the place, nada. Bought me a new one as similar as they could find, nope.

So a few days go by and I’m inconsolable. Constantly whining about “Teddy”. My parents need to come up with a plan. And, boy, did they come up with a good one

So they mail a package to themselves (our house) with a new teddy bear, and a two-page, hand written letter inside. The letter is from my Teddy Bear. He tells me about how he met the female teddy bear of his dreams at the ski resort. They got married and went to live with her family because her parents were old and sick. But they had sent me their son “Teddy Jr.”, because Teddy loved me so much. He said to take good care of his son, and that he’d miss me

Problem solved, I bought the entire story completely. I was happy to have the offspring of my favorite teddy bear, and hoped that he was happy with his new teddy bear wife and teddy bear in-laws.

Good thinking mom and dad hahaha

14 Likes

What a wholesome story.

I read the last paragraph first and was very confused lol. #nocontext

3 Likes

The one thing I often forget at home is my college id card. I go by public transport mostly auto and bus. Sometimes in middle of my journey to college, I know that I forgot my id card but.i cannot comeback to home after travelling many kilometres. The Security Guards at college ask me where is your id card? and I say them I forgot, and they don’t allow me inside college gate again I have to explain to them all about the college. I have to tell them the principal name when the college was established, and the faculty names. so that they trust me and let me inside.

2 Likes

Hahaha I was so lame.

I was too young to remember, but I’m told I was constantly crying that I missed Teddy and would not shut up hahahaha

Pretty embarrassing, but whatever, youre all just faceless internet illusions…

…JK y’all rule

6 Likes

It’s all good man, I’m pretty sure babies/kids are just inherently emotional and whiney. It was a cute story lol

2 Likes

I forgot to renew my Hollywood Video rental for a ps1 game - the next week my mom and I go to Hollywood to get some new stuff (the early 00s man) - there was a late fee because of my video game the week prior. At the counter, she was all smiles but little did I know she would beat my a** when we got home later that day :rofl:

5 Likes

forgot to bring concrete with my titanium yoyo

7 Likes

Always carry concrete! That’s a n00b mistake.

2 Likes

are you a builder?

1 Like

I once forgot to bring my yoyos to a yoyo meet

3 Likes

This story took place on april of 2018, my uncle invited me and my mother to go to LA to visit him and spend a good ol jolly time there, the flight was programmed for the 15th, for some work related reason our uncle forgot to tell us that date, long story short we got told about the flight just about 9ish hours prior to the flight, understandably my mother and I were just freaking out and tossed whatever we could find to our luggage and got on the car along with my aunt real quick (5ish hours before the flight), we were driving to the airport which is a drive that usually takes 1:30 hours and when we got there we realised that we left behind a really important thing, we realised that we had forgotten our pasports at home, we had to frantically drive homeand back to the airport to get the passports, we made it to the airport a good 30 minutes prior to boarding and barely made it to the gate.
Moral of the story, never forget to check your passports before you fly international.

2 Likes

Hey @sfyoyos what’s up?

Here’s the story: My high school orchestra rode a bus all the way to Los Angeles (a 9 hour drive). Of course, I managed to forget my violin. It was a specialized instrument, so my parents had to make the whole drive over night to get my violin to me, overnight, so I could have it by the next day. Yeah, I caught a lot of (well deserved) flack for that one…

5 Likes

@sfyoyos @AndreBoulay
The best forgetting story i have is from back in my heady days of youth. When i was still living with my parents It all started when my dad asked me to pop the the corner shop to get him a newspaper one a Friday morning.

On the way to the shop i bumped into my buddy who said “im going to the pub fancy a pint?”
Obviously i said “yes” :wink:

This turned out to be the beginning of a weekend with more twists and turns than a Dan Brown novel!!

Most of what happened is still a bit hazy even now!
I pretty much don`t remember the majority of two days and what i do in flash backs still haunts me in my nightmares haha

After being in the pub for a few hours knocking em back we went for a wander and the day got hazier and hazier the more we wandered from pub to pub.

The next thing i clearly remember after that is waking up in someones elses bed with three other naked people who were still sleeping, none of which id ever seen before, in a house i didn’t recognise, with none of my clothes anywhere in sight nor my friend id set out to the pub with.

So i did what any sensible person would do in that situation (i use the term “sensible” very loosely) and grabbed the closest clothes that sort of looked like they’d fit me and got out of there.

Turns out my guess that the clothes would fit me was slightly hopeful! The top id grabbed turned out to be a huge polka dot woman’s blouse and the trousers id grabbed were bright pink and so tight i couldn’t bend my knees properly and my voice must have moved up an octave when i spoke haha

Plus is my semi pissed hungover state id only picked up a pair of socks and no shoes. Only realising this after throwing the clothes on in the porch of the house after stupidly closing the front door which was on a latch. So i couldnt get back into the house to find some doh

Looking around i swiftly realised i didnt know where the helll i was at all!! :S

Hassling a disgruntled and worried looking woman in the street (not surprising the state i looked) I asked where i was…she said "Manchester!! ":o

Horrified by what she had just said it dawned on me that i had somehow travelled 140 miles from my hometown without remembering anything about it at all, and was now stuck in Manchester with no clothes, no money, no mobile phone and no friend!!

So i did what any sane person would do in that situation. I jumped the barrier at the train station and spent the whole of the train trip hiding in the train toilets trying to avoid the ticket inspectors.

Finally after many hours of toilet hiding i luckily made it back home. It was now a cold wet Sunday evening. I looked like a complete dogs dinner and was feeling even worse. But i had finally managed to make it home phew

As soon as i got through my front door (had to knock the front door, and when mam let me in…you should have seen her face haha) and I went to go upstairs to get a showered and go straight to bed.

My dad without so much as looking up from the television programme he was watching said “Did you got my newspaper?” i replied “no sorry dad i forgot it,. Im afraid its been a very very busy weekend” :stuck_out_tongue:

ps my friend is still alive! He wasn’t abducted and probed by aliens or hit and killed by a falling meteorite which wouldn’t have been a surprise after a weekend like this.

8 Likes

I forgot socks the day of my wedding. I am not one to go sockless in dress shoes, especially rentals. My wife’s uncle, who is always sockless, was required by his wife to wear some that day.

So, I ended up in his socks. Which by the way were quite a mismatched pair. One was much longer than the other, one was black and the other navy blue, and the knit pattern was different on each. He didn’t care, he was made to wear them.

In the end, I had a pair of socks which I was told by my wife was completely necessary and he ended up getting out of wearing socks to his delight.

9 Likes