Cadence ES Storytime Giveaway

Ok so this one time i accudentaly left my space cadet yoyo (£100) in the charity bag and for about a week i couldnt find it and i was really panicking cuss i needed to practise for school talent contest and asked my mum where is it she then told me that i put it in charity bag and sent it of then i had to travell 1 hour to oxfam and i couldnt find it anywhere and asked if they had a light blue yoyo they said yes and they said they were selling it for £50 i had to explain the story and they were stingy and tried to rip me off but at the end of the day i managed to get it back.
The time of the school talent contest i came last😓

2 Likes

Im 15 and we’ve just moved to a new place during the summer.
As the start of the school year approaches my mom keeps reminding me to make sure to take the keys to the house as it will be locked when I get back from school.

Being the legend that I am I obviously forget the keys. Do not realize this till I get back home and am standing in front of the door. This is a new place. I don’t know any neighbors. I’m awkward so I don’t know who to ask for help.

Look at that door. It’s a heavy wood door, nothing flimsy. Well I have to try I suppose. I try and kick the door down. Doesn’t work. Well what else do I have to do… I keep kicking the door. After 30mins it flies open. I’ve broken the wooden frame of the door.
I call a carpenter friend of mine. He comes and fixes it with a piece of wood.
Parents come home. No one notices a damn thing.
I’ve gotten away with b&e in my own home.

Get caught about a year or so later when parents are talking about safety concerns and notice a small section of the door frame is a different color than the rest

3 Likes

beeg beeg yoshi

1 Like

Hi my name is Emmett and this is my story: I am in the process of getting a fake replacement on my front tooth. I work graveyard at a ski resort with cat crew and had to go to work one night at 12:30. One evening , I woke up a bit early and had to use the bathroom and when I walked out the fire was still going. I then decided to get some more firewood outside the front door, when I did so, I had sneezed rather hard about 3 times. After I had put the wood on the fire and was headed back to bed, I realized I had sneezed hard enough to knock out my loose temporary tooth! I went outside and looked as hard as I could but had no luck due to snow and other circumstances. With no luck I went back to bed. (Main forgetfulness part) I wake up late for work @12:20am and immediately pop out of bed and get my stuff and leave. I was in my truck and driving to the mountain when I all of a sudden realized I would be heading to work Without My Front Tooth for the night…
-so idk if anyone has a fake front tooth, but man it’s 1 tooth that makes a HUGE difference in appearance!

3 Likes

I’ve been through an 8 hours journey by train and 2 days in a foreign city and went all the way to the concert entrance booth (that was the sole purpose of the trip) before I realized I forgot the ticket home.
It was a Gorillaz concert…
and if you follow them you know they won’t have another gig in a looong time…

9 Likes

I want to tell the entire story, because more happens than just forgetting something.

About four years ago, my dad and I went on a father-son camping excursion for the weekend while my mom and siblings did something else. Like anyone camping, we needed a tent. We had a tent, but it was big enough to fit our family of six. Not wanting to set up something that large, my dad remembered that his parents (my grandparents) had a blue, eight-by-eight tent. The eight-by-eight tent would comfortably fit my six-foot-three dad and I in addition to our cots.

So we pack everything we need (but a tent) and stop by my grandparents’ on the way to Elk City, our camping destination two hours away from where I live. My grandparents weren’t home, but they knew that we were coming and left out the blue tent for us to pick up.

Upon arriving at the campsite, we noticed that there was hardly anyone there. We asked the (ranger? camp manager? whatever you call him) why this was. He told us that the lake had flooded many of the sites at the campground, so people hadn’t been coming recently. There were, he told us, a group of college kids staying at the campgrounds, but they shouldn’t bother us as they were across the lake from where we would set up camp. (more on this later)

After picking a nice, secluded spot, we go on a quick bike ride. It was quite pleasant. We get back and start setting up the tent. Well…it turns out that the “blue, eight-by-eight tent” that my dad thought my grandparents had wasn’t the same as the “blue tent” that my grandparents left out for us to take.

The tent was only six foot by six foot.

My dad is six foot three.

I was nearly six foot at the time.

Our cots are longer than we are.

Our cots didn’t fit.

We managed to fit the cot meant for me into the tent diagonally. My dad slept on top of that while I slept perpendicularly to him underneath his cot. Also, I found out during the night that we had not cleared all of the rocks from where we placed the tent: I slept with a rock under my back. I tried tossing and turning in order to get it out from underneath me, but each time I moved, my knees hit the bottom of the cot, waking my dad (who is a TERRIBLE snore-er by the way).

AS IF THIS COULDN’T GET WORSE that group of college kids across the lake stayed up until around 2 in the morning laughing, talking, and playing loud music.

I felt like crying.

We wake up in the morning and go on a hike on one of the trails there. Despite being sleep-deprived, it was quite fun. We then headed into town and bought a proper eight-by-eight tent at Walmart. We were determined to have a better night than the last. We set up the new tent, fit our cots easily inside, and took a nap. I woke up close to evening and found my dad packing up. Turns out a huge storm would be coming through, and we would be heading home.

We pack up and drive home through rain so hard, we could only see the road because of the oncoming traffic.

This trip was terrible, yet memorable. I did have fun with my dad, but the trip could have been SO much better if we had remembered to check the tent we got from my grandparents. Or we could have brought the big tent we bring on family trips.

Anyways.

I don’t know if this totally qualifies as a story where I forgot something at home, but I thought I would share anyhow. Kudos to you if you read the whole thing.

4 Likes

I’m not even going to tell a story, nothing I have can beat these :joy:

6 Likes

Didnt happened at home but I think its still a funny little story:

So one Saturday morning I woke up pretty early and decided to take the dog for a walk and go to the local bakery to get some breakfirst for the family.
So I got there, ordered the things i liked, payed for it and went back home with doggie. So far so ggod, but here is where it gets stupid: As I was preety colse to home i noticed that there was something missing. Something that normally cant really be forgotten. You may have already guessed it and yes. I really left the bakery WITHOUT the food wich layed nicley packed on the counter and wich I already payed for.

So I went back and fortunately the saleswoman kept it behind the counter just in case i would return . Needless to mention that she had a good laugh his morning and everytime i went back there.

3 Likes

Once I went on a visit to my grandparents and unfortunately our external door knob was broken and we didn’t fix it . We was to open the door only by the keys . We decided to go off … and we did .
Now we are back in front the house at almost midnight … searching for ghe keys to open the door . Father told me that I was who was supposed to close the door … og ■■■■ where the keys … what should I do … looking for the keys in my pockets and the car … no use . Oooh ■■■■ AGAIN … I forgot the keys inside our house … father : please tell me that you didn’t forget them inside … me : I…did… . We had to go back to stay in my grandparents house that night … the next day we had to break the door to get into the house and we called the carpenter to come and fix it … What is more stupid than this ?!
… I did it again two times the next month … but I sas punished then :pensive:

3 Likes

Welcome Eujene, I remember u from Lorenzo’s vlogs.

So I lost my mom’s iPhone in my messy room.
My mom got very angry at me. So I shouted," Hey, Sir I" it answered,“dodo” Oh, there my mom’s iPhone.:smiley::smiley:

2 Likes

That was literally the first fifteen minutes of home alone lol

So this was when I was in sophomore year. For one of my finals i had to do an analysis for a book I read. The project was a powerpoint that took me 3 weeks of research to put together. When the day came to present I got to school and realized I forgot my entire backpack. I had one other presentation final that day as well. I was super bummed at how I was so foolish :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:.

4 Likes

so I don’t know if this is the worst one here but, it’s definitely bad. So when I was graduating high school we had this ceremony where we needed a cap and gown and I didn’t know i needed my cap and gown and i left my cap and gown at home and when I arrive i saw everyone else wearing there cap and gown. So, since this was at the high school I run to the front office to see if they had any spare caps and gowns, thankfully they did it was a 3xxxl but I was able to participate thankfully.

I also have a ton of stories about leaving yoyos at a friends house, and leaving my phone at a hotel which left me without a phone for 2 weeks. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Backstory, I’m a triplet, and I was the first out of the three of us to get a drivers license (junior year of high school). On this fateful day I was supposed to take one of my brothers to school later because he was a bit sick but had an exam he couldn’t miss after our lunch period, and I had the first two periods off due to a really weird schedule. Now unfortunately I didn’t forget my brother, but I did forget to bring my house keys (which weren’t connected to the car keys at the time since I was sharing a car with my parents). My mom locked us out, and we went off to school. I didn’t realize my mistake until my brother and I came home to a locked house, and my other brother and parents weren’t going to be home for a few hours. So my brother had the bright idea of grabbing a ladder and climbing onto the roof to try to get in a window on the second story, and after a loud thump from him falling through the window he unlocked the back door and we were golden. That is until my parents got home and found a ladder set up outside that we forgot about.

The winner has to be that lady that left her baby at the airport @sfyoyos send it to her

7 Likes

So I’m ADHD and I have medication that helps me to focus. Well last year when I was in the tenth grade I had to write my math final and like an idiot I overslept. So I got up and rushed to school in my pyjamas to write this test. Without my medication I totally bombed the test. It was a big oof would not recommend.

5 Likes

Last month I went in to take the ACT- without a calculator.

Not as dumb as the other stories, but when you consider the fact that I straight up quadruple checked my bag and still gave myself an okay for it and didn’t realize it until I reached the testing center almost an hour away and after I had submitted my registration.

Also had to take into account that this is a standardized test which may or may not affect my plans for the future but issok, as my score wasn’t too shabby (not too great though :man_shrugging:).

Oh, I also forgot to bring in the type of pencils required.

So yeah, I’m a great student.

3 Likes

Well it wasn’t me but a friend asked me to drive them to the airport in between my classes. I said yes becuase why not. Well an accident made the trip almost an hour longer than it should have been. When we finally get there she realized she forgot her passport… So we had to drive back pick it up and then sit through traffic again to get there. Needless to say I missed my night class but at least she made the flight.

1 Like

I have enjoyed reading about others forgetfulness. I tend to forget things quite often. The time that really sticks in my mind is when I used to rent a second story apartment. It was winter in Illinois so it was pretty cold. I was running my running my trash out to the dumpster so I assumed it would be a 30 second affair. I was just wearing pjs and slippers. The second I walked out my door, I instinctively locked the door , already giving it the momentum to slam shut. No phone, no keys, all I had at my disposal was a bag of trash and wits.
I went ahead and discarded my trash. On the way back towards my complex I came to the realization that my balcony would be my best bet to get back in. Luckily there was an air conditioner unit that was mounted into the brick wall a few feet off the ground. It gave me just enough height to reach the bottom rail of my balcony. With a slight squirrel like effort I made my way up and onto my balcony.
Fortune was not in my favor, the sliding door was also locked. At this point I was getting very cold and desperate. Off to the right of my balcony was a small window from my bathroom. I knew that was my way in. I had to destroy the screen. I shook and pressed into the window until the simple latch snapped open. One leap of faith and I made it back in. My landlord never noticed the destruction of the screen so it all worked out in the end.

4 Likes