Cadence ES Storytime Giveaway

Hey YoyoExpert Forum,

In a rush to get the Cadence ES out to retailers, I forgot to send your patron saint @AndreBoulay 1 green fade Cadence ES because I’m a ditsy yoyo company.

He suggested we do a giveaway.

Tell us your worst story of forgetting something at home you definitely should not have forgotten at home. We’ll choose our favorite story of stupidity on March 28th and they’ll get the Cadence ES we forgot to send to Andre.

-SF

22 Likes

I forgot my homework once in 4th grade. I got my legos taken away. Hurt my soul

12 Likes

On my way to Cal States 2017, I rushed to the venue because I woke up late, as a result, I left all my yoyos at home. Luckily for me, I was able to borrow my friend’s Replay Pro and use it for prelims. In order to have a backup yoyo for finals, I bought a shutter. However, the response pads broke after like 5 minutes of usage :expressionless::expressionless::expressionless: which would be no big deal except that I forgot to bring my yoyo equipment with me. So I just borrowed my friend’s shutter.

5 Likes

My family was on vacation back in the early 90’s. We stopped at a Cracker Barrel for dinner. After dinner we were leaving and a waitress came running to the door, we left my baby sister in her car seat at our table :rofl: In our defense, we were traveling with a bunch of family and we thought someone else had her :joy:

Not something left at home, but still forgetful haha

4 Likes

Not really funny but VA States last year I forgot my yoyo case at home and didnt have a single yoyo on me :laughing:. I had to borrow a yoyo to have to play there haha.

5 Likes

One time my wife, first born and I went on a road trip to Texas from California. We decided to camp every night instead of getting hotels, and the first campsite on our list was the Breckenridge campground (in SoCal). It was a familiar campground, we had stayed there in the past.

We get there with about 2 hours of sunlight left in the day, I get our site set up and then start preparing for dinner… We forgot our matches and lighter. So there we were up on a mountain with no way of cooking dinner by ourselves. Yes, we were totally alone up there.

We ended up sharing a can of sardines and some crackers (which wasn’t all that bad…).

To add to the situation, as we were falling asleep, we heard a ■■■■■■■ MOUNTAIN LION in the distance making one of those hellacious territorial mating screams. I don’t know if you have ever heard that sound, but it is what nightmares are made of. It literally sounds like a demented witch screaming bloody murder…

So there we were, pitch black, somewhat hungry, in a tent, with this lovely peaceful sound of a mountain lion in heat echoing in the far distance.

Oh yea, and we roughed it. Made it all night out there with no problem. :cowboy_hat_face:

10 Likes

Ugh I wish I didn’t have too many of these but the one in most recent memory was when my and my girl taking a week long vacation to explore the central and northern California coast and hiking trails, prepared for weeks, bought hiking boots specifically for the trip. Then I packed everything ahead of time so I’d be ready my extra shoes had their own bag, I thought I was so on top of everything I was so sure I finally got it right. Well come to find out hundreds of miles away at first trail frantically digging through my car I somehow forgot the bag with my shoes.

Even worse I had them in the trunk a couple days before and forgot I took them out to clean up my car and sure enough after getting back the bag was right next to the door ready to go, after destroying a new pair of Vans and being stuck slipping all over the first trail, and buying ANOTHER pair of boots :dizzy_face:.

The most heartbreaking one in memory though is leaving my prized Dif E O yoyo in Tokyo somewhere, it was the most I had ever spent, it was the most favorite thing of mine I had as a teenager, just gone :sob:. I was kicking myself for weeks.

4 Likes

This is a bit embarrassing. The stuff of actual nightmares…but here goes.

I was told last minute about a birthday party and received my invite…it was at a Family Fun Center (arcade/theme/mini put/amusement park for kids/families) the very next morning.

Fast forward to the morning, and I completely overslept through my alarm/the time we were supposed to leave. I was carpooling with them too. I woke up to the horn of their parents van calling for me to get in, as they had been waiting for me to show up at their place for an hour already.

Not thinking, I get up really fast, put on a shirt and socks and shoes and decided to keep my red shorts on that I slept in, and I go out the door (I was 11 so I didn’t need anything else…or so I thought).

It wasn’t until after we played for about 2 hours, doing laser tag, arcade games, that we got into the bumper boats. After the first splash of water, I knew I ■■■■■■ up. I was so horrified and wanted to die. I realized immediately after getting wet, that my red shorts were in fact red boxers, and not my shorts.

I had been in my underwear the entire time, it was about 1pm at this time, and there were roughly 1,500 people at the center. My parents weren’t able to bring my clothes and I had no cell phone (this was the 90’s). I didn’t want to tell my friends or their parents and get ■■■■ talked on for the rest of my life for this…

I decided that if nobody had said anything to me yet, that they probably weren’t aware…my shirt was long enough to cover the little button for your pecker after all. I stuck it out for the next 4 hours and completed the entire day in my boxers and had nightmares about it for at least a decade :joy:.

9 Likes

At Home: well my family and I were on our way to go visit my dad’s family and the best flight tickets we got were from miami. So we woke up in a rush to get out the door ontime. Later when we were getting checked with our passports my dad couldn’t find his. So he stayed behind and drove back home to grab his passport and drove back and caught another flight and met us in Madrid.

Out side of home: 2016- So my family and I were shopping at trader Joe’s and when we were leaving and packing the car i went to put the cart back, but when i turn back the car and my family were gone! So basically what happened was that my mom, Dad, and Brother didn’t even pay attention to who was in the car untill about a block down the road my mom called back to ask me something and didn’t hear anything so she turned around and was like OMG Evan is not here!!! So she jumped out of the car and ran back to the parking lot while my dad was getting the car turned around. So im waiting there with 2 parking lot attendents waiting for them to come back and wen she did all 3 of us were. Slow clapping. The one of the parking attendents said “Mom of the year right there :joy:” and so when my dad got there we all left and i was there yelling furiously at my parents for what they had done.

7 Likes

The story of how we almost couldn’t film a Yoyo video:

My friend who is a great videographer and I planned to film a video in the mountains far outside our home city, before starting the journey we both checked if we had enough batteries and storage cards, as usual, to be 100% sure there will be nothing that stops us from filming as much content as we needed.
After checking our bags we started our 2 hour drive into the nature, only worrying about if it would rain that day.
Arriving on site we discovered that we lost the small bolt that connects the camera to the steadycam, whiteout being able to use it we basically drove all the way to film nothing at all…
Luckily (very very luckily) I still had a bit of tape for stringburn injuries in my Yoyo case. We used all of the remaining tape to tie the camera to the steadycam and could proceed filming almost as planned.

This incident is about 4 years ago now, and we still make jokes about it, the look on both of our faces must have been hilarious when we noticed we were (pun intended) screwed.

4 Likes

I’m sure this has not only happened to me, but this really hurt like hell.

Title: the horrors of the DMV

So I was 17, it was April, 5 years ago. Ya boy was going out to get his driver’s license so I could skrt around. In New Jersey you need certain documentation to get your license that add up to 6 points, so I had my birth certificate, passport, and bank statement ( or something like that). So we go to the place to take my behind the wheel driving test to get my license. It’s about 40 minutes away. We get there, hand them all our paperwork, and realize we don’t have enough points, we needed one more point to add up to 6. So we drive back home, get my school ID for the 6th point, and drive back. Same lady, looks at our papers, realizes that our birth certificate is a copy and that we need the actual birth certificate, so we go home, look for it, find it, and drive back to the DMV to take my test, only to find out that they’re closed now. No big deal, let’s go back tomorrow, leave all your papers in the car, were good to go. We to back tomorrow, all of our paperwork is in order, go to take the driving test, but they won’t let me because my mom’s car has an ebrake near the pedals and not one of the pull ones (which is required to take the drivers Ed test). So we have to take our papers and go back home and luckily we have a car that has one of those ebrakes near the center console. DRIVE AGAIN, to the DMV and realize we left all of our identfication documents in the other car. Drive back home and back to the DMV with all the paperwork to take the test (by this time even if I do get my license I’m not driving for a while haha) and pass the test [even tho I totally.messed up on the parallel park section the test lady thought I was cute :wink: ]. So yeah that was the most heartbreaking story ever and the most annoyed I’ve ever seen my mom.:joy:

5 Likes

My brother, three friends, and I were going on a road trip from Los Angeles to Austin for an Impossibles reunion show and I forgot the tickets…

Luckily, we were 30 minutes into the trip before I realized. Whoops. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I was at the airport going through the customs and I realize I forgot to bring my passport. I called dad and ask him if he can get my passport and deliver it to me but home is 2 hours away and the boarding was in about an hour and a half.

OOPS

5 Likes

I am in band and I play brass instruments, mainly the trumpet. Well about 3 years ago our school band was going out of town for a trip/competition, and it was about a 6 hour drive from home. One thing you need to know is that I am first chair, so I am the first trumpet player (some say first chair is the best of the section, but I’ll leave that up to others to judge) and that means that I have to set an example for the rest of the section. I was supposed to be the leader who was on time and prepared, but it wasn’t until we were 5 and a half hours into the 6 hour drive that I released I packed literally everything except what I needed the most, my trumpet. I had forgotten my trumpet at the house, and so when we got into the town we were visiting, I had to ask my band director if he could find a trumpet for me to borrow for the competition. Luckily a local band director let me borrow one of their school’s trumpets. I still felt so stupid and embarrassed that I forgot my instrument, and the whole section made fun of it for the longest time. After that, I made sure the first thing I put in the car for any band trip, was my instrument haha.

5 Likes

Idk how many would consider this funny but might be a candidate for worst to some. It’s a pretty terrible story, but us involved all find it hilarious now. Wasn’t exactly me doing the forgetting but I hope it counts.

Our extended family went on a holiday together overseas, and one of the older cousins stayed behind to take care of a relative’s old sickly dog. Sadly, the dog died while in her care (RIP buddy) and she was told to leave the body with a pet hospital.

My cousin is a girl of small skinny build in her early 20s who wasn’t sure how to transport a relatively large(Labrador) dead dog, and decided to put him into a large duffel bag that was sufficiently inconspicuous and took a taxi to the hospital. She realized halfway she had forgotten documents she needed at the other relatives house, and having already paid an expensive taxi fare she decides to take a train to get them, all with the dog corpse in tow.

On the train, a man sees her struggling with the duffel bag and offers to help lighten her load for a moment. He asks what is inside and she panics a little and says it has laptops for her church. A few stations later she realizes the man has ducked out of the train and made off with her “laptops”.

Needless to say what followed was pretty chaotic for us, but I really do want to know what was the thief’s reaction to his loot. :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Okay, so, I had this big long amazing story but I forgot the deets so I’ll tell y’all the story of the unintentional off string trick. So I was like 12, out with my trusty Dark Magic II, playing away with this old string and I was burning that thing up thinking I was hot stuff at 12 and could walk the freakin dog and do an around the world. So me and my bad self decided to do this epic earth shattering around the world, only I forgot to change the string so it YEETed right off that string, flew a good 100 feet in the air. Then with the velocity of a thousand suns, came down and smacked my mother in the head. Needless to say, I was scared for my yo-yos. Forget my life, I’m fine with dying by mother but I was dead scared of my yo-yos getting got that morning. They got got. No yoyo for a month, I was devastated. The point is, kids, if ya white string is black from dirt then it’s probably time to change it. Don’t forget to change your strings.

4 Likes

This happened a month ago.
I have a history of always forgetting just 1 thing when I go on trips and I went on a winter retreat where we stayed in cabins. And in the cabin there is the main room with 4 bunk beds and the heater and there’s the little side room with 1 bunk bed, a desk and no heater, that was my room, and on this particular trip the 1 thing I forgot to bring was a blanket/sleeping bag.
So there I am, 3 a.m. like 30 degrees and no way to keep myself warm. I layered up as much as possible but it wasn’t enough, I was so cold I couldn’t go to sleep. So I ended up getting out of bed and went to the public bathroom there where there were showers located and I proceeded to take the shower curtain off the rack of the shower, and took it back so I could use it as a blanket. I ended up buying one from the campground store the next day when they opened.

2 Likes

this summer I traveled out of the country to attended Shanghai worlds. After about 30 hours of traveling I arrived to discover that I could not use the ATM’s because I had forgotten my debit card in the States. At this time I had about $70 and my room was prepaid so I crashed and woke up early the next day to discover a debit card was the only type of card that would work in china and not even the McDonald would take visa credit cards. I manged to make that $70 last three days until I was able to find a bank that would cash a western union money order. I lost track of how many banks I walked into and asked.

It is recommended that you only drink bottled water unless you know the water has been boiled before drinking. This forced me to consider what was better dehydration or dysentery.

I still managed to have a great time but it probably would have been more fun if had easy access to my money.

Uri

3 Likes

Ear trick

I was in Utah with my friend for October fest. We had a few drinks and were having fun exploring the area of the festival. By the bathrooms an older gentleman in overalls was gather a crowd around to begin his show. I saw him start tossing a few forward passes with his wooden YoYos and was intrigued.
As the crowd gathered, I was checking out his stuff. He has a brief case with his name in colorful and sparkly letters, accompanied by some more wooden toys and books. When the crowd was large enough he started doing old school tricks and jokes to get the crowd interested. No one really cared and seemed unfazed. However, he could tell I was totally digging it and clapping. So he decided for his finishing trick he’d use me as a prop.
Have any of you seen the quarter on the ear trick?! It’s awesome! The thrower gets a quarter and places it on someone’s ear and knocks it off while doing a forward pass!

Well he missed the quarter…

Getting a wooden Yoyo to the face is not something fun when drunk…

4 Likes

My worst thing I left was my yoyo. Left my yoyo at home in a one month vacation (no wonder why I suck)

3 Likes