Cadence ES Storytime Giveaway

That’s… not sanitary

4 Likes

Precisely, not a fan of it.

2 Likes

I have 2 the first:
I have worn glasses or contacts my entire life. I always own 2 pair. When I was single I kept my spare set in the car. When I travel it is the first thing I pack. Why you might wonder? Because one time I went to visit my father (I lived in GA, he in MD). I fell off a borrowed bike and managed to crack a lens…it is a female dog to only be able to see out of one eye for 2 days!!

The other doesn’t quite fit the parameters, but it is one of my biggest mistakes. At 16 my parents went out of town for the weekend. I got up to go to school, was running late. I not only forgot to lock the front door, I forgot to SHUT it. When I got home I realized what had happened and that my dog was loose…I went looking, couldn’t find her, panicked and called my parents…they immediately headed home…I went back out and knocked on my neighbors’ doors and finally found her safe and sound. I was grounded for a month and my mother made me write a story about what could have happened to our dog…i.e. her getting killed by a car. I am still not over that story and have rescued over a dozen dogs because of that possible fate…The real lesson here is to go find your animal first and not call your parents in a panic…ok, the real lesson is shut the dang door!!!

2 Likes

Well. It’s not at home, but I remember once having to walk across a frozen river to put out a fire in the woods then realizing upon reaching the other side, I had forgotten to throw my shoes. I had brand new shoes and didn’t want to wet them. So I took them off. I’m running barefoot back and forth to the river trying to get this fire under control before any embers could reignite the burn that had happened down the canyon. Once the flames were gone I walked back across the icy river (terrible idea) and drove to the nearest fire department to let them know that the fire had started back up and I “contained” it the best I could. A massive fire had gotten close to some homes back there just a few days prior. When I saw flames starting up again, close to some residents, I felt like I needed to stop it. The later infection on my foot said otherwise. Alcohol killed whatever was causing the swelling and I learned that day to think before you act.

3 Likes

My freshman year of high school my family went on a trip to Antigua. It was a large group and I dont remember how I made it out of the country, but when we made it to the airport in Antigua and were walking through customs, I realized I left my passport at home. Literally shaking and on the verge of tears in line, I whispered to one of the adults in the group about my realization. Her response didn’t do much to calm me down, she seemed just as freaked out as me. But whether it was because I was a minor with a group of adults, or because I happened to go to the booth with the raddest customs agent ever, or maybe it’s just policy, I somehow made it through and was allowed into the country anyway.

I swear I saw the script for my episode of Locked Up Abroad being written right in front of me.

3 Likes

In 2016, my family and I took our first trip to the United States. We went to North Carolina first and then flew down to Orlando for a few days to hang with some family friends. Our time in the US came to an end so we drove to the airport to fly back to India. But, we missed the flight. Luckily we got everything rearranged and could rebook our flights which were refunded. Few days later we made our flight, finally we were on our way. But me being pretty irresponsible decided to leave my Kindle Fire in the magazine pouch in the plane. :grimacing: Needless to say that was definitely not the best traveling experience.

I know this isn’t a story about something I left at home so I’m telling another one.

A long time ago I was having a sleepover at my house with my good friend. We ended up going out someplace with my mom and when we returned we realized something that might put our sleepover to an end: we had forgotten the key inside. Now in India people take a while to come to your home for any repair services. So we had to wait a loooong time to get inside. It was like 93 F outside and getting dark. About 2 hours later the dude finally showed up. He removed the doorknob and cut the door’s hook which was holding a padlock. 30 minutes later we got inside but to this day that house’s door lock is damaged :joy::grimacing:

(Edit)
I remembered one more and this one is super embarrassing…
About a year ago I went on a bike ride early one morning with 2 of my guy friends. I was running a little late so I rushed out of the house and quickly biked to our meeting place. When I arrived, they looked at me strangely, but I couldn’t figure out why. A few awkward seconds later, the one asked “uh Priyanka, what about your helmet?”
I almost died from embarrassment and as quickly as I could rode back and got the helmet. They both didn’t let me forget about my mistake, I was teased for a long time after. :joy:

9 Likes

Here’s a good one, a few years ago my family went on a trip to Lake Powell and on our way back we stopped at a gas station. At the time I was doing something on my Ipod, and I set it down to stretch my legs outside. Fast forward about an hour or so, it was dark outside now and I go to grab my Ipod, but I couldn’t find it. I had my whole family helping me find it but we couldn’t find it anywhere! We even called the gas station we stopped at to let us know if anyone had returned it because we believed that it had fallen out the truck. No luck, I had lost my Ipod and there was no way that I would be getting it back. Fast forward a year later I had given up finding my Ipod and was living life without it when… one of my dad’s employees was driving the truck and found the Ipod tucked under the driver’s seat! Needless to say, he returned it and the Ipod is still in use today. Coincidence I think not!

3 Likes

A few years back I went on a camping/hiking trip up in Baxter State Park, which is about a 5 hour drive from where I live. After arriving and camping for the night outside the park my friends and I packed up and drove to the base of Mt. Katahdin. Once we arrived I finally realized I had left my hiking shoes back at home. The only option I had was to rock my casual shoes I had driven in. They were full of holes, had no tread from day one and had no cushion whatsoever, just 4mm of rubber. Naturally I said oh well, let’s do it. We wound up climbing Dudley trail, which is quite a steep one, and was recently closed due to rock slides. I wound up being a bit slower than everyone else, and when I was trotting across the Knifes Edge, a spectator told my friend “he looks a bit out of his element”. At the end of the day it was an awesome trip, but my feet were a little unhappy. I’d rate it a 9/10, too many mosquitoes at the base.

3 Likes

I go to metal shows all the time, and there are 3 essential items: tickets, earplugs, and contact lenses (I normally wear glasses but like to mosh). The 4th essential item is one of those headphone cases packed with a one hit pipe, a lighter, and a pinch of weed, but of course some concert venues have tight security and I dont always risk it.

Well it’s a Friday night and on the bill is Exodus, Testament, and another thrash band I currently can’t remember. I do a couple pregame shots of Jack and jump in my buddy’s car to head down to the show. Forget anything? Nope. Well we smoke some weed in the parking lot and head over to the venue. On the way in I pat my pockets: weed, check. Ticket, check. Contact case, check. Earplugs… oh sh… Well, at this point it’s too late, so we just go to the show.

Turns out Exodus are one of the loudest bands around, and since it was at a venue and not just a dive bar, every other band was loud too. Not wanting to hang in the back, I partied the night out and moshed. My ears were ringing so badly when I got home that I couldn’t even sleep. 3 days later the ringing thankfully subsided and in the end I didn’t infect myself with tinnitus (big fear of mine since I have a lot of friends that suffer from it).

Ever since that night, my buddy and I always keep backup earplugs in our cars in case anyone forgets.

6 Likes

So who won??

3 Likes

I know right?!?!?!? I still give them a hard time about it and tell the story when ever I can.:joy:

2 Likes

I’m still reading

18 Likes

No worries, just making sure I didn’t miss the announcement haha

2 Likes

Not me but my older brother. My family was taking was planning a vacation, and my dad told us to bring our ID’s. We get in the Uber at like 4 in the morning and take a near hour drive to the airport. We were running a bit too late to feel safe when we get there and my brother didn’t have his ID. We couldn’t take the 2 hours to drive back home, then back to the airport. So we go ahead and just hope that we didn’t need it. Turns out we didn’t, but I was very scared that we would lose our vacation because of my brother.

4 Likes

Once I forget my admit card at my home
And went to the school for exam
After that my big brother had to come to my school to give me my admit card due to which he missed his meeting with his clients

1 Like

@sfyoyos @AndreBoulay
Just wanted to inquire has there been an announcement on this give away on another thread that ive missed? As ive not checked up on this for a good while.

2 Likes

Choosing it to today, just slow. Had team read through to help pick a winner because I was split. It’s late, it’s my fault.

11 Likes

Ah cool no worries :wink:
I just was interested to see which of these crazy funny stories was the winner :smiley:
I will keep a look out for the result

1 Like

My vote would go to @smileypants707. It’s hard to beat a story that involves a mountain lion.

5 Likes

I dunno wearing your boxers to a party is also ridiculous, so is forgetting socks for your own wedding.

8 Likes