Boingy Boing (Need help)

Getting tired physically and mentally affects yoyoing. A yoyo has no free will and can not do anything you do not command or cause / allow it to do. Yes, I sometimes learn things and then forget how to do them properly and then practice something the wrong way over and over again and get frustrated. Stop trying to get fast. Practice boings one or two at a time and pay attention to what makes the boings successful.

2 Likes

Huh!? Was your browser cached since 2006!?

3 Likes

Having followed this thread since the start, read of your ups and downs (!) and being fully aware of boingy-boing being your entire reason for throwing… can I respectfully suggest that you are way over thinking it and that is the source of your difficulties.

Relax, throw b-b over and over but don’t put too much conscious effort into it. Let your mind wander so that the various manoeuvres associated with the trick become organic. Sometimes it will be lousy but occasionally it will be better and little by little your ability to perform the trick will improve. When it goes wrong, who cares? No-one is judging except you. Stop judging yourself and maybe your response will be largely positive rather than largely negative and with a positive outcome as the result.

Examined minute by minute my tricks often go wrong but over time there is a definite and tangible improvement.

3 Likes

I was doing them like a pro. Right out the box of the duncan echo 2 i did 11 boingy boing (forward/backward = 1 right??) and it was like this for i think 2 days. They where far forward/backward. It was like adams video.

The yoyo was going straight… i couldnt stop doing it. HOW CAN YOU STOP??

All of a sudden… its gone LOL

Guess ill just… stop doing the trick for a while (going to be hard!)

I’m shure i was just too excited… i remember when i first landed my kickflip on my skateboard… thats all i wanted to do. And guess what?? there was days where no matter how hard i tried… i coudn’t do it.

Well i can do around the world anytime, thats good. Ugh i want it back so bad!

1 Like

I think the best thing to do, take a month off. Or more. If i keep messing up, wouldn’t the body get used to that??

i did more then i messed up, but if i keep messing up = LOST??

Rest time. I can’t handle losing this, if i do… im done using the yoyo lol.

Learn a different trick

1 Like

Mach 5 is nice. Hey man there will be a time where no matter homany times you do b-b, it will never go away right?? I just learned it so maybe thats why.

Yes. I don’t think boings could ever “go away” from me.

1 Like

You are putting waaaay too much pressure on yourself. If you expect to get yoyo tricks right all the time and never accept the reality of the inevitability of bad yoyo days where things just don’t click then perhaps this is the wrong hobby for you. I just had 3 days where I kept messing up the simplest things but no way will I give up yoyos for a month. Today I was doing way better! You got a lot of good advice in this thread. Take it to heart. Yoyoing is a very difficult hobby and it takes a lot of dedication and stamina. If you are able to do boingy boing succesfully several times a day that’s awesome. Feel good about that. But if you want to feel awful every time you can’t do a trick successfully get ready for a lot of misery. Stick to it. Takes breaks.

Ann Connolly is sponsored by Yoyofactory. Here’s some encouraging words from her about tricks she can’t do and perservering…

2 Likes

Well… does adam have bad days?? I need to know for shure so i just accept it.

I give you my word… i did do it 2 days ago like adam in this video when i got my echo 2 right out of the box. No lies… i think i did more then 11 (forward/backward =1) maybe 14

3rd day… everything fell apart and its still like this. Muscles sore too. Most i get now is like 3-4 before it starts going left or to the right.

I am shure i am doing the same EXACT thing like 2 days ago… i didnt change anything. Even wearing the same clothes and shoes!

I felt like i won the lottery! :slight_smile:

Wearing the same shoes every time does help a lot but starting with a good throw with enough spin and doing the trick properly helps a lot as well. If you’re trying to execute a trick while frustrated and with sore arms you are probably going to fail. You should start commenting on the youtube channel you are watching the boingy boing video on because those guys or Adam himself will respond. You can also directly email the creators of that video from their website.

1 Like

I asked him weeks ago if he does boingy boing classes in real life… no response. There is LOTS i mean LOTS of comments on his boingy boing video and I think it will take time to see mine.

E-mailing him seems good…

How about a heavier yoyo?? i cant slow down… i tried. Only way… just stop for weeks so the speed will slow down lol

Edit: i have it straight now… but another problem is the yoyo goes all the way up to my throw hand. No matter what… i been doing the same motion/setup since those glory days.

It just goes up… i loosened tension, hands together. Maybe too much energy built in my hands from the yoyo hitting it when i was using the butterfly??

No one can tell you what you are doing wrong without seeing you. If you have done it successfully then you can do it successfully again. It’s not the fault of the yoyo in any way. Practice for a few weeks and then let us know how you are doing. If the trick does not work you are obviously not doing it properly. Nothing magical happened to make the trick not work anymore. Practice. Practice the trick properly. Practice good technique. Don’t just watch one boingy boing video. There are lots of them from different angles.

I will stop doing it for this whole march… i cant stand messing up all the time.

if i get it back… ill make a video of it so to show i was telling the truth when i got it :slight_smile:

Buddy. I think I can speak on behalf of everyone on this forum. I want you to succeed. Giving up for a month will not help you achieve success. Take it easy. Don’t focus on how many boings you WANT to do. Focus on a small amount - like 3-4. Try to do 3-4 successfully. Make 3-4 successful boings your goal EVERY SINGLE time. Once you can do 3-4 almost every single time try doing 5. Focus on a small amount you know you can do successfully and do that for several weeks. Plus, you gotta remember, even with a perfect throw, there’s still a limited number of boings that are possible FROM that one throw.

3 Likes

i got it back… it seems energy has built up in my throw hand from the butterfly hitting it too much.

Small up/downs = huge tension on the yoyo. Goes up and hits hand.

I leaned all the way to the ground, with the boingy boing setup ready and i did it. Did 12.

Boingy boing near the floor works for me… and thats that. Thanks everyone… keep helping ppl get there tricks.

The end… hope ANYONE out there who wants to learn this trick, remember the hand only goes up and down. The first boing matter (well for me) so after you launch it forward and it hits the first string, move the hand on top ONLY UP/DOWN.

All you are really doing is keeping the first bounce forward alive by moving the top hand UP/DOWN for the rest of the sleeping yoyo.

Better to not look at the yoyo when going up and down with the top hand… you will be tempted to swing the top hand forward and back!

Best tip: Use a wider yoyo then duncan butterfly LOL :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here is the video of me doing it today, right now. As promised.

Took me less then a month. Around 20 days. I can’t ever do it above where my chest is, so i have to lower it.

7 Likes

Good job! Every week trying moving your hands up a little higher so you don’t hurt your back by bending over so often. Nice work!

i tried to slow down but i tried this trick somany times (cuz i wanted it) and its just automatic.

I tried doing it higher where my chest is… cant. Ever.

:frowning:

You got it!!! Well done!

2 Likes