Boingy Boing (Need help)

Please help me do this trick, i got back into the yo-yo world because of this. It’s also good exercise.

The problem i have is the yo-yo goes out of the strings, is it my butterfly XT?? do i need a wider yo-yo??

I’m new here so sorry if this trick is common.

5 Likes

Check here:YoYoExpert.com - Advanced - Boing E Boing

2 Likes

i’ve been yoyoing for a year and a half and I can’t rlly do it. Honestly thought that 1.5 hook was cooler. I would prefer a longer spinning yoyo, like a replay pro, wedge, or maybe a first base. The butterfly XT is very good, but you may want to migrate toward unresponsive play.

2 Likes

Lol i should have known they had a thread about this trick.

I can get it to sleep for 10 seconds on a good throw, shouldn’t that be enough?? a year and a half?? where you more focused on that trick then others??

This trick is soo cool.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums! That’s a pretty responsive yoyo that is not too huge. I’ve seen people doing boingy on an XT but it requires just as much practice as on any other yoyo (or more). Some people who have being yoyoing for a long time can’t do it very well.

2 Likes

Well im really focused on this trick then the others (rock the baby) i should be able to get it.

Trying it at least 4 hours daily… i had no idea this trick existed untill that 1 video on youtube with that guy wearing a red shirt doing it. Sorry for not knowing his name.

thanks for sharing that trick!

4 Likes

I agree with Chris. It 10 seconds can do you a few nice tricks but the snagging on the gap will reduce the spin time. Unresponsive yoyos have long spinning bearings and big gaps. With a aplastic unresponsive yoyo, gentry stein won the 2015 US nationals. I can do speed combos with ease with my replay pro.

Heres a link of my choices:

1 Like

I would do the simpler tricks first. Boing-e-Boing is a nice trick, but even getting into split bottom is hard enough. (You could get into it from under-mount though)

1 Like

Adam. Watch as many boingy videos as you can because each teacher offers a little different nuance to their teaching method and slightly different angles help a lot.

4 Likes

Keep at it, power to ya but I’d personally get the most out of responsive then get back at boingy boing when you move to unresponsive because a wider gap/catch zone is going to help. The longer spin time will also be beneficial.

2 Likes

There’s no way in hell I could do boingy on the xt… it’s hard enough on a good yoyo to get it bouncing real good. Took me a few years on and off to get it good

2 Likes

It’s a tough trick to get down. Going to be extra tough to learn on a yoyo that you are rushing to beat the spin time on. An unresponsive would really help by removing the rushing piece. Two key tips: make sure all strings are lined up and your top hand is only moving up and down. It may take a lot of practice, but once it clicks you are good to go.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, and love the screen name! :grin:

I mean, unresponsive wasn’t even a thing when Boingy Boing was created… Side note: anybody know who created it?

Sounds to me like you need to work on your throw most importantly. The XT is capable of way more than 10 seconds.

If you’re practicing as hard as you say, you can do it on an XT, no problem. If you persevere using the XT, you’ll be a better yoer for it in the end, at least in some respects.

My opinion, is work on your throw first, to get it straight and hard.

I agree with watching as many different tutorials as possible. The most important thing is repetition and rhythm with Boingy Boing. Don’t try to swing the yoyo forward and back. Just use an up and down motion with the hand on top.

Ultimately it will be just doing it over and over that gets it for you.

Unresponsive? Meh, the trick’s cooler with a loop to finish! :smile: I do love it on unresponsive yoyos too, not gonna lie.

Next: Pop 'n Fresh and Sea Sick!

6 Likes

I just tried it on my XT and can only get about 3-4 boings and still get it to return to my hand. I’m pretty sure I would have never been able to learn this trick on an XT. I’d recommend trying it on an unresponsive first then once mastered go back to the XT and challenge yourself.

9 Likes

That was my point you can prob barely do it as an “expert” yoyoer let alone trying to learn it on that and it’s a weird trick to learn… fr sneaky hard trick that takes time at least it did for me to get the feeling down

3 Likes

I guess it’s easy to forget…

I’m surprised at the “only 3-4 boings”, but I guess the gap is so small on the XT? I still think there’s something to be said for learning in on a responsive yoyo, but maybe a more forgiving one.

I can get 6 on a fixie…! Well, on my Hickory Ballsy, anyway.

5 Likes

I agree with all comments here but I say if he is determined to do it on his XT he will eventually conquer it!

4 Likes

What helped me the most was watching other players do the trick. Paying attention to what each hand is doing. The bottom hand doesnt move at all, while the top is less like an up and down motion, and more like down, then back to its original position. You dont wanna shake the whole mount and be aggressive with it. Idk those are just weird things that triggered in my mind that helped me. Took me years to get it down

1 Like

I’m counting there and back as one one boing, so maybe this is 6-8 and yes I can do basically the same or more on a powerful fixed axle. The starburst is a killer.

1 Like

6 there and back on the Ballsy baby, YEAH!!! I hit seven once. I don’t count it unless I can do a final loop at the end.

Don’t count until I get a video, so stay tuned. Also combo of 3 Sea Sick reps to 3 Full Boings.

3 Likes