Worlds hardest trick? Nah.

How many of u initially thought boingy boing was the god of all yoyo tricks? I know i did. What are some tricks you guys see as YOUR boingy boing? ???

gravity pull. I can spend $190 on a yyr, but I still canā€™t do it!

Lemme help you out!
You do a trapeze and then you push up!
Gravity pull Everyone!

1 Like

White Buddha! ;D

^^That, Over-under boingy-boingy and Kwijibo.

black hops and spirit bomb

First of allā€¦I didnā€™t intend on thanking you. It was a haphazard button click.

Second of all. I believe dynikus was making a joke, a rather straightforward one at that.

Last but not leastā€¦you pull.

It sounds silly now, butā€¦trapeze. I had a yoyo when I was a boy and could do things like walk the dog and rock the cradle. But I watched Tommy Smothers do his yoyo tricks and seeing him land the yoyo on the string was amazing to me, like he was made of magic or something. I had just your normal old Duncan yoyo and tried for DAYS to get that skinny gap to land on the string. I couldnā€™t even HIT the string with the yoyo! I remember I actually did manage to catch the string one time. The yoyo immediately snapped back at me and almost gave me a heart attack. Never even came close again after that.

Anyhow, fast forward to me being a grownup. I see this kid in my Sunday School class with a plastic grind machine. He showed it to me and the first thing I thought was ā€˜If I had a yoyo like thatā€¦I could do the trapeze trick!ā€™ So I went online and ordered my first modern yoyo, a Legacy.

First trick I learned was trapeze. Made me quite happy.

I seriously thought Atomic boing boing (now called boingy boingy) was impossible.
I worked on that for like a year and ā€œgave up on itā€ many a time.
Then one day, it just kinda clicked.

J

You said a while ago sometimes itā€™s best to walk away from a trick and then revisit it later. Case and point right there.

I can do Drop In the Bucket, or, maybe I should say I have done drop in the bucket. Odd, the first time I did it, I nailed it flawless and smooth. Consistent? Forget it. Smooth? Not even. Iā€™ll come back to it later.

Right now, Atomic Bomb is starting to click, then I tried it with my new dv888. Itā€™s like learning it all over again. Oh well. Just shows Iā€™m not as good with it as I thought.

Was boingy boing but I can do that now, not flawlessly, but I can do about 10 reps before it starts getting off track. For now I think Eli hops. Just canā€™t do it.

the worldā€™s hardest trick is to do whatever trick youā€™re doing ā€˜right nowā€™ without being all wrapped up in yourself. challenge for a lifetime.

Well,the trapeze was actually the hardest trick for me to learn.
I quit yoyoing for a couple months becauuse I couldnā€™t get it,
but now I see people do it on their third of forth try.
Sure, it bums me out at first,but it makes me feel like a good teacher.

i can spend 120$ for a Wooly Marmot, but i just canā€™t do Walk the dog

I used to think that Brent stole was completely amazing, then I finally saw a tutorial that actually explained how it worked. Then I realized it is easy. Same with Eli hops.

no need to be mean about it.
and yes i did know that lolā€¦

Thatā€™s odd. I have the exact same problem.

3a Double trapeze. That thing is so hard.

I think we may have had this thread already; but I could be wrongā€¦

ā€¦ For me it was Black Hops, Revolutions, and MAGIC DROP (I STILL have issues with that stupid trick). :stuck_out_tongue:

i can pull off some hard tricks like black hops and eli hops flawlessly. at one point kwijibo was impossible for me.

but nowā€¦

boingy boing is still impossible
seasick i can do maybe 2 reps if im lucky
and magic drop gives me so much trouble.

edit : oh yeah btb trapeze is killing me =/

edit 2 : grinds kill me just as bad D=

wowā€¦ i have a lot to work on