Boingy Boing (Need help)

I cant do it when i want to though… i had to record a long video for that and edit it where i actually do the trick.

The problem now is the yoyo turns sideways when its boinging straight. Maybe i need a yoyo that sleeps longer??

Actually… i think im done here. I read my first post here and it brought back memories when i first tried this trick (HELL!)

I forgot i just wanted to do it at least once a day and be satisfied with that.

Thanks… this is all i wanted and i dont think i will learn anything else.

All yoyos will run out of sleep / spin time eventually. No one can do an unlimited amount of boingy-boings. Pay attention to how many boings you can do before the yoyo starts slowing down and / or tilting as the most important part of every single trick is that the yoyo gets back to your throw hand. Just be proud of your accomplishments and don’t kick yourself when something doesn’t work.

I c…

I just wish someday i can just be like “im going to boingy boing right now” and just do it lol

What happens to the yoyo when the SG stickers wear out?? How do i even know its worn out?? its not responsive anymore??

I still use my butterfy for those forward passes and around the world :slight_smile:

Butterfly XT has no stickers. 19mm response pads for your Strix and Silenus are $2 a pair and should last a loooooooong time. If you do a perfect throw and can’t bind because the yoyo slips the pads may be worn out but a lot of the time with newcomers it’s not the pads, it’s just bad binds. Look at the binding video I posted in this thread. It’s better and easier than what you did.

ill use the silenus sg stickers on the echo 2.

Will i need new stickers if i only do boingy boing?? right now i dont really care if i can get the yoyo back up.

I just want to be able to do the trick at least 5/10 tries.

1 Like

The pads wear out from the string rubbing against them. The pads do not know what trick you are doing.

Have you ever seen the over & under version of boingy boing? It might be another goal to aim for.

3 Likes

You’re killing me with this… :disappointed:

4 Likes

Well in contradiction to that, in this thread several times he’s listed and talked about other tricks…

I’ve never seen a thread quite like this in any forum, at least not to this extent!

On the one hand, I’m sure we all helped. On the other hand, a LARGE portion of this dialogue maybe should have been replaced with simply: “practice”, both said and done.

4 Likes

Boingy boing is probably the last one for shure. i wan’t to be able to do it but when i want it and always going straight.

Or maybe not… might try mach 5. Only time will tell.

1 Like

I can’t believe this thread is 150+ posts lol

5 Likes

Helpful posts… im glad i got it. When i read somebody on another thread say it took them 5 years to get, i thought maybe i shouldn’t practice it. But i wanted it so i got it :slight_smile:

@ Myk_Mykyk - boingy boing is a one of a kind yoyo trick.

@ maathimself - I like the regular boingy boing better.

@ ChrisFrancz - i wont be binding if the pads wear out, just boingy boing. I ordered too much stuff already just for this trick. Had to re-order another yoyo because i thought the silenus got lost.

Does anybody know what string came with the echo 2??

2 Likes

Duncan stock string they send with every yoyo. Nothing special.

1 Like

The string that came with the silenus tore in the first day where the finger loop is. It also came with zeekio, thickest string i ever seen.

Kitty normal would be better then kitty fat for boingy boing right?? Or is it “Don’t blame the yoyo” all over again??

I do it better on the echo 2 too… dont know why i cant do it good on the silenus when its wider. The echo 2 also has a nice sound when its sleeping :slight_smile:

@ ChrisFrancz - You know alot about boingy boing but you never cared to practice it?? Like you told me you don’t like the way it looks???

I have a hard time believing that.

Just tie a new finger loop. The string is not ruined. Kitty normal is fine. The Silenus is heavier. I have no interest in boingy boing but I have watched the tutorials.

I’ll do just that, if i could find the string. I got rid of it because it got the silenus yoyo scratched when it hit the floor.

So you never tried boingy boing even once?? You helped me get it… and you saw me from the beginning to the day i finally learned it. I’d be motivated LOL

You deserve a badge.

2 Likes

@ChrisFrancz definitely deserves a Good Samaritan yoyo badge!!!

1 Like

I can get it to bounce in the strings better now. It just keeps turning while i do it, its going straight but turning.

Practice makes perfect i guess.

2 Likes

Get yourself a bunch of string and learn to cut and tie strings to the length that works best for you and boingy boing. The length that most string comes will be too long. I might have tried boingy several years ago but I only try to learn tricks or moves that appeal to me. Like you I’m a slow learner so I just practice tricks and moves that I like. Look up videos on split bottom mount and barrell rolls and practice them.