Boingy Boing (Need help)

I been doing that since i first registered here… trying all these lengths. It’s just me doing it. Or not… maybe its the string because im using the kitty fat one and its touching the sides of the yoyo too much??

I think the normal kitty string would help with the turning, i see the yoyo going straight forward/backward but it starts to turn but its still going straight/backward.

I forgot to add, i do it perfect somtimes, and i dont. Mix of both so i’m still doing the trick right?? I REALLY learned it???

String touching a side can do that just like when you run your car along a guard rail on the side of the road, so can moving your hand / finger a tiny bit and so can losing spin time. Kitty fat string is thicker than Kitty regular so the string takes up more room in the gap which can make it is easier to tilt. Kitty fat shouldn’t be causing you too much trouble though. Just work hard and keeping your hands in ghe right position and remember that no matter how good a yoyoer is there’ll always be a limited number of boingy boing that are possible.

How many guard rails are you rubbing?

1 Like

i will try the kitty normal next time. And would a heavier yoyo then the silenus help?? i seen yoyos on the internet that cost 680$

Last question i promise!

There’s nothing wrong with any of your yoyos. Practice practice practice and then practice some more. I’d say you are doing the trick fine! We all mess up tricks sometimes. Messing up is what drives us to practice. I do not know tons of tricks and I’d say I have about an 80% success rate. I am cool with that!

3 Likes

Oh, you know, the average amount of times but no more than most other people.

1 Like

The silenus is an excellent yoyo. If your just trying to boingy boing that’s perfecting fine of a yoyo

The yoyo is turning to one side or the other during boingy-boing because the strings aren’t dead straight – without realising it your hands are drifting (by a tiny amount), causing the strings to point the yoyo to one side or the other. As the trick proceeds, the sideways movement is amplified until the yoyo turns through 90 degrees or spins out.

The solution? Well, more practise of course but also, focus on your hands during the trick rather than the yoyo flying to and fro – at least until you can be sure you are aligning the strings consistently.

1 Like

Final updates:

So i can do it now… has to be every next day before i do this training that increases energy in my hands. It really messes this thing up (too much tension in strings)

If i don’t do it before this, i can do it. No waiting 20 minutes.

But I have lost the axel that came with the echo 2, it fell in the bathroom sink. The silenus… its broken now. I used pliers to get the bearing out but now the yoyo won’t sleep longer then 5 seconds, i think i bent the area where the bearing goes.

Doing the trick in front of the mirror helps to see if you’re hand is indeed going up/down not forward and sideways.

Done… just wanted to let you people know what happned :frowning:

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Congrats!

I’m sure somebody here knows what size axle the Echo 2 uses, and you can get a new one.

Hope you stick with it and decide to keep learning.

4 Likes

I tried hard to wait but i just got another echo 2. I need to learn to save money.

The echo 2 to me… should last me forever as long as i dont lose that bolt axel thing. No more doing boingy boing in the bathroom sink.

I’m using the axel on the silenus on the echo 2, it doesnt close all the way… but it will do for now i guess since the silenus is broken.

It has a dent where the bearing used to stay at… i forced it out with pliers and now it only sleep 5 seconds while vibrating hard. Broken… wasted money. Don’t know nothing about yoyos.

The bearing doesnt spin when its on the silenus. I only used it for maybe 30 minutes max LOL.

1 Like

Not wasted money. Don’t take yoyos apart over a sink or do yoyo maintenance before watching tutorials on how to do so. We all learn our lessons; some of us the hard way.

The silenus was kinda on the huge side anyway. :frowning: The echo 2 is just right.

Going to need more of those bolts on the echo 2. After that… no need to get anymore yoyos ever again. The echo 2 feels like it will last forever. Those screws/bolts/axel thing cost like what… 50 cents??

1 Like

My local hardware store sells them for 85 cents, they’re called “M4 set screws.” You’ll need to figure out what length it needs to be for the Echo 2. The axle you’re using now is too long, so the one you need will probably be 2 to 4mm shorter.

1 Like

I should get a 2mm x .7mm & 4mm x.7mm?? I can’t find the size online. Going to have to get two…

Maybe even 3mm x.7mm?? Is it suppose to come off the echo 2?? i thought i broke it.

With metal yoyos, the axle is made to come out. Plastic yoyos usually have the axle attached. YYE also has axles for $1. 4mm length is way too short, it should need something between 8 and 12mm.

Yeah, I gave up doing Boingy Boing in the sink years ago.

3 Likes

I really got the up/down motion really good & strict, its no where near going forward/backward. Thanks to the the bathroom mirror.

This took a long time… you’re hands just want to go forward/backward when you’re first trying this. You have to force the hand to go up/down or else the trick won’t look good.

I had to start all over twice.

1 Like

maathhimself i gotten the axel shorter, now it fits and no gaps. Not close to the one that comes in the box though, that one had a perfect fit. The store only had 4mm.

1 Like

Be careful with an axle that short, it’s more likely to strip the threads when it barely fits.

2 Likes