My nemesis, the boingy boingy trick. i tought i got it

I’m practicing on the boingy boingy trick for already a lot of time, i think two months, 10-15 minutes every day.
i felt like i’m progressing slowly, and then i thought i got it.
but then i filmed myself in order to check if i do it right, and i found out that i’m only doing one boing every time. i saw that when the yoyo went to the back string, i’m missing the ‘boing’ and the yoyo just bounce back without me pushing it.
i dont know what to do now, am i even getting close? what can i do to fix it?
i want also to post some vidoes of my tries, how can i do it?
i wiould be happy to get some help
thank you very much!

4 Likes

This sounds dumb but practice with no Yoyo. This technique really helped me with this one like TH just goes up and down. Then when you do it with a Yoyo, make sure it’s that same motion, just up and down. Kinda gotta ignore your instincts and just go up and down bc it feels weird at first. Good luck! If you still can’t get it in a day or two start posting vids and asking for more help but seriously try the no Yoyo technique.

1 Like

Vids have to be linked in from sone other source like ig or yt…

1 Like

Instagram doesn’t work use Imgur. Paste the vid link on its own line with no spaces after

1 Like

In the beginning if you have the nth in slightly front not directly below the th, so the first boing is up hill slightly and falls into the back string then you can feel the push forward on the next boing and get the timing down then slowly bring your nth into the correct position directly underneath the th and continue boingy boingy. In time you will not need to do the slight up hill set up.
I had to feel it before I could get the timing down this helped. For many years until I was given that suggestion boingy boingy was very illusive for me . Now it is one of my favorite tricks always pleases the masses. Now to learn under over boingy boingy.

thank you very much!
i tried already the up hill set up, yotricks also give that advice in their video.
i’m trying to post two videos of my tries, hope you all can see and understand my situation.
and again, thank you all for the quick responses!

1 Like

You are trying to make the boings by moving forwards and backwards.
The key is to move your throwhand up and down to create the boings.

Here’s a progression that teaches you this motion.

16 Likes

wow! you are doing this so easly…
i actually practiced exactly the same method, and this is how got to my situation…
this is also yotricks advice (in the end of their video), but never saw the process like you now showed me. i will practice it.
thank you man, you helped a lot!

2 Likes

What a straight up G.

1 Like

Yea!! That dismount looked awesome!! . :grinning:

did i finally nail it? am i even getting any closer?

would be happy to hear your opinion
thanks

3 Likes

I say you completed it! If you want to work on smoothing it out I would recommend moving your top hand just a tad bit slower and try to control the motion more. Congrats!!

2 Likes

Yo you’re crushing it! Comparing the most recent vids to the first ones you made a huge improvement and you should be stoked! Just keep practicing to get better control but that’s sick nice work!

So this thread and the excellent explanation video have made me determined to learn this now. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

If I get it I may even muster up the guts to post a video. I do wish to place much emphasis on the “may”…:face_with_monocle:

yyaahhooo!! :laughing: :laughing:
thank you very much!
i will keep practicing in order to master it!

1 Like

thank you very much for the compliment and also for the advice!
i really practiced with no yoyo and i think it helped…
(although it loolks weird from the side…)
and i will keep practicing to get better control
you all helped me so much!

Hah! Nice! Yah it looks weird and feels weird but it helped me realize I was not going just up and down and helped me lock in that motion, so it’s definitely worth it to try! I’m glad you tried it bc I always feel kinda silly recommending that method but I also believe it helps hah! Also a good method for learning other tricks too like saves some knot untangling sometimes.

This is the video I learned from awhile back. The little baby swings in and out helped me figure out the rhythm. Thanks for making it

Also the final videos look great. You got it!

1 Like

This is what helped me get into this trick that used to frustrate me beyond belief. The roll at the beginning really sets you up for that first strong boing. And it looks cool.

2 Likes