Biggest yoyo mistake

I think powdercoat holds up better than pure paint though? Anyone play a powdercoated yo-yo a lot?

4 Likes

@yoyospirit

3 Likes

That’s a good question. I’ve had Yoyos that warped, and had the finish crackle with just time. I’m shopping for a large humidor to keep some special things in. I even trade stuff that I don’t think will stand up to time. Lots of packaging gets brittle also.

1 Like

You should get something coated haha. And while powder coating in theory is similar to paint, application is very different and durability is unmatched by any paint. So far, all my powder coated throws have held up fine. No fading or anything even from daily use. I don’t expect it to anytime soon either. I haven’t really heard any stories of any powder coated YoYos fading or the coating coming off. Powder coating is used in many other applications as well that need to withstand the elements.

1 Like

This happened a while ago to my Bliss CS. BE CAREFUL WHEN TIGHTENING YOUR AXLES
Yes, it looks weird but it plays just as well. Learned this lesson the hard way but I’m happy my yoyo is still fully functional!

12 Likes

Wow that looks quite interesting! The new and improved Bliss with a nipple :joy:

6 Likes

This is a much better outcome than stripping the threads, at least.

7 Likes

True. Like I said, I’m very happy it still works.

3 Likes

Hitting my YYF Overthrow into the ground…twice! Now I have to switch out another 9dragons half…

2 Likes

They don’t call it the overthrow for nothing :wink:

5 Likes

Any pics? What exactly happens when the Overthrow hits the ground hard?

1 Like

It cracks. The crack doesn’t seem bad until you put the weight ring back in. It wobbles like crazy like. Thankfully I have an extra dragon cap I can use to replace it with.

6 Likes

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeek!

5 Likes

More or less my reaction when it happened. :rofl::joy::cry::sob:

2 Likes

yo that happened to my n12 and paolista too

3 Likes

What? You can crack aluminum?

1 Like

the axle gets stuck on some threads, causing the remaining length of the axle entering the other half of the yoyo and pushing an unsatisfying bump.

pro tip: use a hex key

3 Likes

Oh lol… Exact same happened to my Marco on one side, but muuuuch smaller. I think it was a factory defect, Soo I’m looking to turn it in…

2 Likes

i would imagine finger spins are less satisfying

I just did that to my paolista like 4 days ago!! Luckily it was a bgrade. Still play ya good also!

2 Likes