Biggest yoyo mistake

To continue this party, my biggest yoyo mistake that I remember is yoyoing above a wooden platform with open spaces between the planks and losing a side cap between the spaces after a string break. That yoyo had to be repaired with masking tape to keep the half of the light kit in it that now had no cap.

2 Likes

Well I do, as a product of both not having a proper 4a yoyo, and not having any availability in my country.

2 Likes

And yet, a seemingly endless supply of fancy… pants…

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure YYE ships internationally. Costs a bit more though, so I’d order a few things to make it worth the cost of shipping.

2 Likes

OMG… CODINGHORROR ACTUALLY SAID MY NAME! (lol)

4 Likes

haven’t you seen those clips of people doing 4A on a mighty flea?

2 Likes

I used my Sage/One Star for 4A when I didn’t have a 4A yoyo. I think I did pretty well considering how small the yoyo was.

1 Like

I stripped my first good yoyo! RIP Horizon June 2016 - June 2016

2 Likes

how many days did you get out of it :scream:

Haha I used to do this as a kid. My friend and I would go outside over grass and see who could throw the yoyo yhr highest in the air :joy:

I watched Dylan Kowalski’s video on it and was almost tempted to try it with one of my metals (ive never tried 4A). I didn’t, and I probably made the right choice. I guess I could try using my Skyva, but maybe I should just buy a 4A yoyo. How many of you guys have ever done 4A?

I haven’t really made many “big” yoyo mistakes yet (unless you include spending too much on yoyos :sob: ), but I did ruin one of those expensive ($25) ceramic hybrid bearings. I was getting frustrated removing the second bearing shield and thought I would just stick a pin through the other side and bend the shield out. I ruined the inner part that keeps the bearings properly spaced and now the bearing is busted.

1 Like

reminds me of this one time me & my friend strung up his Replay Pro for 5a. We were outside & were seeing who could do the highest aerial & catch it (over grass of course.) I do this wicked high throw, but it doesn’t come down. It was stuck in a tree, & despite our best efforts, it was stuck up there.

Over one year later, he FaceTimed me. He got it down, & it still played pretty smooth.

6 Likes

4A yoyos are relatively inexpensive and ridiculously durable. Totally recommend it.

1 Like

About 10 years ago or so. I had a brand new Anti - yo Viszilla. Little did I know that every time I threw it it was rapidly chewing through the string. So I’m out with the gf and the string ends up breaking while we are walking on asphalt… It rolled about 30 feet and the damage was brutal. It still plays smooth amazingly but the disappointment of ruining it makes it so sad to play lol. Definitely my most painful mistake.

9 Likes

I think 1…

1 Like

Selling my original mint painted Peak for $350.00 years ago. I figured well for $350.00 I can always get another one…

Lol not.

6 Likes

Do painted yo-yos really hold up over time though, if you actually play with them vs. collect them? I’m skeptical!

5 Likes

I used the same responsive yoyo (and string) for the first six months of my yoyoing because I had to wait until Christmas. Definitely should have convinced my parents to let me do some extra yard work or something at the time.

2 Likes

In my expierence, not if you play them.

1 Like

You are correct. They don’t really hold up well if you play them. That’s why I don’t play my painted entheos anymore :slight_smile:

1 Like