Biggest yoyo mistake

Thinking that using my Shutter for 5A May would be fine since it already has a couple dings. I’ve pretty much destroyed that Shutter now, and it’s gotten so much vibe because of it… should’ve just used a plastic :confused:

1 Like

The solution to all yo-yo problems is … more yo-yos

3 Likes

I prefer plastic yoyos for 5A, but then again I’m not very good at 5A :rofl: Planning on picking up another Bolt2 next year for a strict 5A setup.

As far as the topic goes. I’ve smashed my Walter into my glasses, forgetting that I had a knot. Also smacked Walter into our bedroom window, no idea how it didn’t break. It did put a very small ding in the window though.

2 Likes

About a month ago I closed my Diffraction too tightly and stripped one half. :scream:

I was able to loctite the axle in and it’s still holding together quite smoothly. Sometimes you get lucky!

5 Likes

On the bright side, if you ever do another “most beat yoyo” contest again, my Shutter will have a much better chance this time around :joy:

Yeah I switched over to a Replay Pro that I just keep in my toolbox at work. Think I actually like it better for 5A than the Shutter anyways

2 Likes

I killed my shutter w/o 5a. It vibed like back massage machine and its rims were like circular saws. I sold it off to a friend for 5$ :yo-yo:

1 Like

Oh yeah. So i like to yoyo a lot (who doesn’t?) and I was yoyoing in class. (@Monkeytoes999 lol) I was only using a plastic, and I think I was shooting the moon or something, and I managed to get bonked on the head pretty hard. I started bleeding a bit, then this weird kid comes over with a first aid kit he keeps handy. :woman_shrugging::yo-yo:

2 Likes

Oh no man, that’s awful :frowning:

Curious what you’ve done that could be worse than that :thinking:

My worst trade was probably a trading a galactic goose for an arctic circle. Not that bad, but I look back on myself wondering what I was thinking :confused:

3 Likes

In terms of dollar value, I traded an original torrent in good condition for a mint spyy addiction and a mint punchline. At the time I got the better deal, but that og torrent now would be worth like 500$, and the spyys together are maybe 200

1 Like

my dad bet me $5 if i hit a moth mid air with an eli hop… it didnt go well when the moth landed on the ceiling light.
we heard a smash and the whole room went black. we were laughing uncontrollably for at least 15 mins before we cleaned it up.
my borealis was never the same, literally has a chunk CUT out of it

11 Likes

Oh yeah, just to clarify, the peak wasn’t an original but a 2nd run with a little damage, but even still today it would be worth about 150 more than the superstar. I’ve made some other dumb trades, but those are the worst

1 Like

Damnnnnnnnnnn, torrents are money, man. That sucks.

1 Like

LOLLL I need to se a pic of this borealis!!

See that’s just good parenting right there

3 Likes

Had just bought a Duncan Torque and threw it only a couple of times that day before heading into Disneyland. Next day on my way to our motel’s breakfast area it was in my pocket as I was planning on throwing it shortly after only to have it slip out of my pocket at the top of the stairs (2nd floor)…the yoyo bounced down every concrete step before it came to rest in the grass after rolling across the sidewalk. Brand new yoyo, now covered in pinpricks. I guess that yoyo has a story :slight_smile:

2 Likes

NOTE: this is the final product of decent amounts of hammering and sanding. It is kind of concerning when you actually find a peice of pink metal in the rubble. And when your yoyo causes decently sized cuts when you catch it

4 Likes

5a May killed a yo-yo for me too!

2 Likes

I have destroyed bearing on a yoyo, during attempts to remove it. Literally - inner ring of bearing was teared in half. It was YYF DV888 with hardcoat coating, which was quite thick. So, when you put a bearing on a bearing sit, well, it is going to its place, but refuses to leave it ever again.
Yoyo itself gained no damage.

1 Like

My NEW biggest mistake is using a MYY N12 Shark Honor for 4A! It ended up screwing up the axle thread and stripping it. USE A 4A YOYO FOR 4A, KIDS!

2 Likes

Wait what? Who uses a METAL yo-yo for 4A? Are you serious?

2 Likes

People who play old-school 4A from the early 2000s era or a really brave soul with a helmet. :joy::joy:

3 Likes