Best yoyo of 2023

Im giving it 8,5-9 outta 10

1 Like

Pshhh monarch can be best hybrid several years in a row it’s fine.

2 Likes

Well shoot there goes my next paycheck

2 Likes

More words. Its like a floatier, more comfy H shaped will. Quite easy to get on with. If you are good with that H shape then lets go

1 Like

I liked the wild a lot, still need to try a klondike to compare!

3 Likes

I recently got an Emotion and immediately went and ordered a Monarch I was so impressed haha

4 Likes

I haven’t played a Klondike but I own both a Notion and an Anima.

The Notion is a ‘good yoyo’ but really doesn’t feel all the special. it’ll do anything you want but it’s not particularly interesting in play, despite it being a hybrid with a rarer construction than most hybrids. I will probably end up selling it.

The Anima is a weird yoyo. The specs are odd, the caps give it a unique feeling. I haven’t seen anyone else on here post about it, but a loooot of good players have and continue to post tricks using it. I am sure some of that is wanting to support Remy and his company, but I haven’t seen good players all using the same yoyo like that
 ever? It’s a fun and unique yoyo that still performs well. I like it a lot.

I really like the Dreamcraft Asora. I have posted about it a ton already. It manages to be a very fun yoyo, feel ‘old school’ as it takes design cues from yoyos that are 15+ years old, but manages to feel modern by being well designed and well thought out. The performance on it always surprises me. And you can play it with freehand caps!!

5 Likes

Brass Herdsman.

If we can count a proto - Banshee TiSS is the best yoyo ive played. Hope it gets a release.

4 Likes

Aquilegia is the first ti yoyo I’ve played that’s actually good. Every ti yoyo I’ve played before this has just felt either like a novelty, or has just been bad. This is an insane bimetal hiding within the body of a mono.

Definitely my favorite release of the year.

7 Likes

I personally believe that any release from Empathy could be the best yoyo of 2023.The W!ld is brilliant too. It’s mostly a matter of personal preference, but if you want a yoyo that offers the best value for its price, I’d recommend getting a used G2 or YYF. It’s pretty amazing to see Valhallas and BansheeSSs selling for just $50-60 on the BST, especially when you think about how much they originally retailed for. Despite how well they perform, these yoyos have sat for weeks, and you might even be able to negotiate a lower price. Let alone if it’s a b-grade. It’s tough for the seller and for all the G2 doting fans, but it’s a common thing to happen with mass-produced yoyos made in China when they’re sold on the BST. Buying a yoyo this way, as it loses value over time, can be a smart choice. Always think about depreciation.

edit: and here we go again with all the biased chuckle emojis lol

2 Likes

For Bimetal I narrowed it down to two and I would say the Wild by W!LD and the Sturm Panzer DLeo Sniper MK 2.

6 Likes

how’d you get a betty IQ? did they release somewhere already?

edit - nvm i see them now

2 Likes

Thanks for all of the replies. There are a lot of people mentioning the W!ld. It has a similar shape to the klondike. Does anyone have both? How are they different in play?

The meme was incredible lol, keep em comin please. I wasn’t expecting you to come at me, but the forum has been spicy lately so I figured someone would LOL

Is emotion 2023? If it’s 2023 then Emotion is the best monometal of 2023

2 Likes

It’s 2023
I would say best monometals is either spotlight ultra or emotion

1 Like

Yeah it was like 2/23

2 Likes

Wait
 Bella shutter was launched 2023 we counting colorways right?

SPICY AS HECK lol, I’m one to talk though sometimes I can’t help but to chime in and/or add something funny. I think all of us or at least most have a soft spot for a yoyo that’s unpopular with the rest of the crowd. Mines the Thorn for sure, I love that thing idk what it is. Someday I’m gonna go on a hunt for a Saturday Market

1 Like

i love the thorn as well, its a really beefy feeling yoyo in the best way lol

1 Like