Anyone listen to hardcore, pop-punk?

@suspense
Thanks for the :heart:

1 Like

@Big

I think Laisser vivre les squelettes is the best produced album in term of quality of sound in the whole genre (maybe Viva Belgrado went close but I prefer the Daitro one), it is one of my favourite album ever, the guitars in the whole album are just another world and I always loved Daitro singer’s voice, the whole album is such a slap in the face and full of crescendo moments.

Hunderds of AU: just loved them all the songs you post (I am taking everything from Bandcamp just now to listen properly while I travel), Deflection Arts and Sanctuary city have so much of Orchid in there, more than inspired to them I would say, really like this band very tight sound,

In emo I want to mention Penfold, such a great band I wish I had see them live, I have to listen the video playlist you put I will do it today through the day at work (sob).

My band of the day are Magdalene a mixed screamo/post rock band still from Italy (I am sorry but I know really so many italian bands that I really love), hope you like them man:

2 Likes

@ChrisFrancz

1 Like

I’m really glad you like Hundreds of AU. And the Orchid comparison is spot on.
Yeah, Daïtro are really great. My favorite song is the first song from their split with Sed Non Satiata ‚De L’eau Coule Sous Les Ponts‘. Especially the ending with that awesome drumming paired with those spoken words.

I knew Magdalene already but never heard the album you‘ve posted. I have their record ‚Sail with the Tide‘. That record were over all more leaning towards Post-Rock if I remember correctly. I was listening to it when I had to spend some time in the hospital. Perfect music for sleepless nights roaming the hospital hallways.
Keep those Italian bands coming, man.
In the near future I maybe also will focus on sharing more German bands.

Penfold is beautiful. Especially their album ‚Amateurs and Professionals‘ is pure Emo gold. Reminiscent of American Football.

Man, it’s so fun (and emotional) going through my record collection to pick out songs to share. This back and forth is a real treat. And at this point I‘m pretty sure it keeps getting better and better.

1 Like

This is an Italian band. First heard this album in early 1986. I used to own the vinyl.

3 Likes

Nice. Really raw and old school. Although I don‘t understand the language it feels like it‘s political Hardcore Punk.

1 Like

anybody else here a Swifty?

2 Likes

Today I‘m posting I Have Dreams. They are equally chaotic and powerful as they are beautifully emotional. I myself always get really emotional when I’m listening to their music and I keep thinking of the kind of cheesy but yet so very true quote from the movie American Beauty…‘Sometimes there’s so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can’t take it‘. With this band truly everything is falling into place…

2 Likes

Swifty?

Washington, D.C. 1986

5 Likes

An absolute huge classic, in Italy they are legends!

Maaaan I have tons of german bands in vinyl the first that come to my mind is Kill kim novak other than June Paik and other that I quoted before.
Yes Sail with the tide had a little more post-rock vibe but it is great, I remember my 16 years old me crying at this stuff lol

And I am having super fun in this thread also because I do not have many chances to share bands like that with people, is very rare to find someone really into it.

Today is Friday and I want to share the first song that introduce me to the “punk world”, I used to listen only rap when I was in year 8 literally only rap: old, new school whatever but only rap.
One day one of my classmates that was a skate punk guy lend me one of his headphones and told me “try to listen to this maybe you can like it”, I remember I told him after listen the track “man, I never heard something so beautiful in my life” and I get super emotional listening this track, the day after he came to school with a compilation full of NOFX, Millencolin, Bad religions and others band and this track as well, from there I start to open my music horizons and I keep this track with me from back then:

1 Like

@Albertino
Nice. Something to get sentimental to. With very slight Crunge vibes. I dig it.
Man, we had real similar experiences. I also were mostly listening to Hip Hop but also Queen, Smashing Pumpkins and Nirvana. My childhood friend with whom I went to kindergarten (The singer and guitarist of Straightline. I already posted one of their songs here) used to make week long parties when his parents went to their home country for business and vacation. That‘s where I got exposed to all sorts of Metal, Punk and Hardcore music like Lagwagon, Millencolin, Strike Anywhere, Bad Brains, Suicidal Tendencies, Obituary, Slayer and so on. I always used to borrow his CDs and recorded them to tapes. I remember specifically a tape I made which had the Pennybridge Pioneers by Millencolin on one side and a live gig from Blink 182 on the other one. I used to listen to this tape back and forth endlessly while skating through the city alone at night.

1 Like

I think we had a pretty similar childhood, instead of skating I used to rollerblade, getting in contact with the skatepark world and similar you get in contact with also all those bands/people and then Tony Hawk underground shaped me and my brother as well, we was obsessed with that game and the video edits in there.
Couple of years after discover skramz I started to play guitar and then after I start to learn some riff and similar from famous bands I did start a band with my friends, I miss those days so much!

1 Like

And why not today is friday, so screamo band as well, I literally killed myself to find this album and put it in my collection (a bit like the war I had for A retrospective by Saetia).
Still from Italy and one of the first bands I listened in the genre, I advice to listen the track “Oggi metto pioggia” is my favourite from the album, I have to be honest but most of the time I can recognise where a band come from just listening to the instrumental.
I have some other bands as well but I wait the new week, I have one that I want to share so much cause their album are also amazing!

1 Like

The Infarto, Scheisse are great. I do have some of their stuff but unfortunately only in digital form. The song you recommended is also great. I really like spoken word with this kind of music (or actually with any type of music). I just checked the Youtube channel this album was on because of the picture it has. It‘s from the latest Daughters album. Do you know this band? They are amazing and one of my all time favorite bands because of their weirdness. Their first album (Canada Songs) is a blend of Mathcore, Post-NoWave and Screamo. So freakishly awesome! But what I found on that YouTube Channel is Shibuya. Incredibly great their sound. The first track Ryoga is already a masterpiece to me. Did you know them? They are Italian as well it seems. Italy Man, ITALY!!!

Here’s a Daughters song in case you are curios…

I saw them once as opening act for Fall of Troy and the singer completely destroyed himself on that stage. At some point he was ripping out his own hair and then sprinkled it on the audience. Weird stuff.

Did not know Ryoga, sounds amazing, they are from Valencia so Spain my man but it sounds great also reminded me a bit of Ojne in the sound, did really love the vocal work when the singer is half screaming/talking is always my favourite, oh man I want to have a band so much after those days that we are sharing all this stuff!
I did know Daughters and I love their lyrics and they always sound “weird” quite original, actually long time without listen to them, the flammable man is one of my fav.

About spoken words I have been fan of Listener do you know them? I think they are sort of a Christian band in the lyrics, I do not know why I always matched with Christian stuff at least lyrically, maybe is the influence of be italian.

I put this track in live because is so much better:

1 Like

Sorry about that mix up. Sometimes I confuse Italian with Spanish, especially when it’s screamed or sung. Heads and Heads also sounded Italian to me when I first heard them but maybe it’s also the play style. I found that the Spanish and Italian style are very close.
I knew Listener. Nice trumpet play. I‘m usually not that fond of trumpets but sometimes it’s incorporate so beautifully.
I guess Christians are somehow prone to that type of music. I also encounter Christian bands once in a while. Moving Mountains is also such a band. Beautiful melodies, nice singing and even a trumpet :wink:

Especially the singing towards the end always is giving me goosebumps.

1 Like

Todays band is Merchant Ships with their album ‚For Cameron‘.
To perfect album to get sentimental and melancholic about yesteryears. I love this album (and the band) so much and I really hold it dear but I can only listen to it when I‘m in a very specific mood. Otherwise it tears me to shreds emotionally. When I first heard it I felt like dying a little bit inside…because it‘s so beautiful and yet so very sad.

When I come to think about what I just wrote actually applies to everything they put out.