Any Musicians Out There??

ah if you want a bass trombone maybe you should buy a trigger trombone first that’s what my brother has. he has a bach with an f attachment

Hehe my orchestra is playing 1812 Overture for our upcoming concert (sorry no real cannons, that would be dangerous)

IN 1812 it wasnt considered dangerous…

are you playing the whole thing or just the end? this is cause the whole entire thing is 18 minutes long.
BTW fun fact the 1812 overture was originally made to celebrate how the Russian army, defeated napoleon in the dead middle of Russia in winter but, the US uses it around the 4th of July cause it goes well with fireworks XD.

Just the ending sadly :frowning: Otherwise, the majority of the audience would be sleeping.

And yeah, our teacher also explained how it was traditionally play during the 4th and everything! It’s a fun piece to play and since I’m 1st Violin, it makes playing more challenging :smiley:

once played the whole messiah… never again! the french horn part is amazing, but six hours of straight playing is too much!!!

OMG~ That’s a great achievement! If it wasn’t for the sake of the time length of our concerts, our orchestra could have played something such as the Messiah.

its an amazing feeling afterwards just not while playing. The brass section had a whistling competition after the whole thing… none of us could :stuck_out_tongue:

Singing the whole thing is fun too. Unless you are a soloist, then it’s bursts of glory between long bouts of sitting under the lights with a pleasant look on your face.

it is fun to sit through in the french horn section that im a part of… the auditorium was set up where no one could see us… we could talk in low tones and no one hear us.

Oh the hilarity that happened

at least you were entertained.

I really enjoyed touring local churches several years ago performing the entire Messiah. As for the 1812. Did you know that there is an opening vocal chorus to it? It is fantastic and there is nothing better written them the middle section with the fabulous violin chorus.

The choral part is often left out which is sad its one of the best written in that style.

finished this song before christmas… it has to be one of the best french horn solos.

I play the midi controller.

Do you guys know Skrillex’s favorite instrument?

MacBook Pro

Haha, pretty epic~! Must be tons of fun :slight_smile:

LOL

I was not familiar with Romanze op. 36 but I enjoyed listening.  Good job.

is there anyone out there who has written their own music?

nope but, i have made up my own clarinet licks for jazz and a few riffs…

I’ve been playing violin for about 9 years now. It’s lots of fun!