Any Musicians Out There??

same with ours but, our schools jazz band is an even bigger deal the got to Germany for a jazz festival every other year.

Iā€™ve played the bass for a while, was my main instrument while I was reading musicology, during that period I completely lost motivation to play the bass, but gained a drive for singing. Iā€™ve been wanting to get songwriting for a while, but Iā€™m neck deep in a cappella, singing in a menā€™s chorus and a smaller mixed group whilst also conducting a mixed chorus. I play in a prog-pop band where we write our own material, so I do get some outlet.

In the past: Trumpet, a little piano and kazoo. Have always sung. Met my spouse in Music school. One of the first gigs I had as a college student required both singing in a church choir and playing in their hand bell choir, lol.

Hahaha, Iā€™m pretty happy~! Thereā€™s so much of us experienced, and talented musicians. It is nice to know everyoneā€™s musical side and hopefully in the future we can all share our passion for music together :slight_smile:

Hey i play cello but im a teen, im going in my 5th year of playing :yum:

Good Luck~! Cello is such a beautiful thing to play :slight_smile: Work Hard!

Played clarinet for 10 years, had to sell mine a couple years ago but I rent or borrow if I really want to play.

Drums for seven years, my kit will have to pried from my cold dead handsā€¦Never selling.

I can piddle around on bass and sax (tenor) too.

Could you enlighten me on prog-pop? Those two seem like an oxymoron.

Iā€™ve played guitar for quite some time and mostly play prog.

Quick question in mind concerning pianos: Which has better tone, a Yamaha piano or a Steinway?

1 Like

Itā€™s all about preference and it also depends on the model of each one too. Personally I prefer steinway pianos

The steinway pianos have a much better tone overall and last much longer. Also the steinway piano is . much better built then yamahaā€™s. Another issue with yamaha pianos is the keys are very stiff and give a very twangy sound.

i know this because i have played a steinway next to a yamaha and had all the different sounds explained to me.

1 Like

Bass guitar, represent! I consider myself a music producer/writer. So, aside from the bass, I love messing around with midi equipment. I like to create original music rather than cover other peopleā€™s stuff. Thatā€™s my specialty. ;D

I always thought the bass suited my personality the best. I can stand in the back with the drummer, or up front. I can solo, and even play it as a lead instrument if I wanted to. It packs up and travels easy too. Also, if I mess up, I can blend it in nicely and pretend I meant to do that. I donā€™t need to be in the front, or want to play the back either. :wink:

Trombone! I want a bass trombone, but my parents wonā€™t spring for one.

Bass parts are the coolest people~

Who knows? What I do know is the last Steinway I was close up to was decades old and sounded fabulous. I also was present, several years ago, just after a new Yamaha concert grand was delivered and tuned. WOW!

oh yeah my brother has a trombone what type is it?

Iā€™ve played multiple 9 foot concert grand Steinwaysā€¦ oh so good.

You also have to remember though that there are still some very good Yamahas. The piano used in the international chopin competition in 2010 was a Yamaha.

true but you have to replace the pads of a yamaha soon after you get it because they harden and give a twangy soundā€¦ i played on a full steinway competition piano once. it was twenty years old and had a very mellow and deep sound, it was a treat to play on a such a grand instrument ( no pun intended)

i like to jam on da keyboards here and theres!!!

Mineā€™s just a standard tenor with no attachments.