Any Musicians Out There??

I’m a guitarist and bassist, in a few bands. Had two releases this year and usually tour about once a year for 2-3 weeks

sounds like fun…

It is, it would be more fun if there was money involved :stuck_out_tongue:

thats always the issue with things like that… you do what you love not for the pay but for the love of it.

Definitely, it is who you are

I play bass and drums and excuse the name haven’t logged onto here since 2009!

Most of use who have played for a living know we are basically lower middle class at best. Still nothing, NOTHING, is better than playing for an energized crowd. That is what it is all about.

Yay! Got a new bass clarinet ligature! Man it sounds sooo good! The low notes sound even better now!

I might have posted in this thread before, but I’m not sure. Just thought I’d say I’ve played trumpet for 4 years and guitar for 8. I’m trying out for Governor’s Honors Program jazz guitar and need to decide a song for the live audition. Recently been working on gaining speed and dexterity in solo’s. Jim Root has some great warm up stuff for anyone looking at that. Awesome stuff guys.

Good luck on your audition, a tip when warming up if your warming up in the same area, don’t practice the music there because then the other people auditioning know how good you are.

Good luck! I have a pit orchestra audition for trombone on Monday! Always remember to have fun with the piece! Especially during your audition, it shows a level of adeptness. I felt the same way with my advanced jazz audition and I got it! Only one in my concert band to make it as well, just have fun and don’t fret (Pun not intended)

Here’s a recent performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKC0F6AJbAQ

Really, really nice!

Thanks! The first piece means a lot to me.

Rachmaninov is very difficult ant to play with that ease show you have great talent…

good job…

So this is a bit strange ill have to say…

im at a living gallery and there is this man playing a portable Yamaha piano and everyone is being loud in the room so i can barely hear him. i move over to the piano and he is playing Chopin’s nocturne with almost perfect technique. As i listen more he plays Rachmaninoff’s Bell’s of Moscow and is just amazing.
Of course i talk to him. He had been playing for 13 years and was trying to make it to the professional level, but didn’t have the opportunities to be able to. Now he just plays the piano for the this small ranch running a living gallery every year. Such skill on such a cheap piano i have never seen before. It was probably the best performance I’ve seen besides going to see the Chicago symphony play.

It was truly a great experience…

I’ve played the trumpet for about three years now, and was a member of the Blue Devils this past summer ;D

Petey is one heck of a guy right?!

Got a call to play percussion in a passion play and tonight I sight read the dress rehearsal.

I Play a little Piano but what I am proud of is Hand drums. I personally own a Djembe But I also like the Cajon, My dream is to get a space drum… but those are a little more then expensive…