Any fellow Coffee Drinkers?

I didn’t start liking coffee until high school. I love it now!!

3 Likes

Kind of a niche shirt don’t you think?

4 Likes

a lot of small coffee shops have great cold brews

4 Likes

Local coffee shop “What’s Brewing?” has treated us real nice. Had Alamo Yoyo club there for a meet up once. Then the poop hit the fan, so waiting to try and do another meet.

5 Likes

if yoyos were not my addiction then iced cold brew :coffee: is

4 Likes

Is that a Niche Zero on the shirt? From what I hear, VERY good choice for a no retention single does grinder.

3 Likes

Well played!

2 Likes

Yep, it’s a great grinder! My only complaint is that I wish the hopper were slightly bigger so I could grind a whole 1L pot’s worth (60g) of beans at once – it fits about 45g comfortably and I brew espresso more than anything so it’s not tha big of a deal. I love how quiet the DC motor is, coming from a Baratza Encore (which is already not super loud imo but much higher pitched in noise) it’s like night and day. It and the robot have been the best introduction to making espresso at home that I could ask for.

3 Likes

Yep, it’s a Niche Zero and really great for the demands of espresso and single dosing. For brew, it’s okay as is, but if you trickle the beans in (which for most people is admittedly too fussy) it can make an awesome cup.

5 Likes

The parents went to a hotel to celebrate 30 years of marriage! :smiley: while they were out they stopped by the store and dad bought some amazing 8 O’ clock coffee… dark Italian espresso. Enjoying my morning with an amazing cup of that today.

5 Likes

I Start my mornings with coffee almost everyday. :grin:

5 Likes

Lol Coffee brag time.

My Espresso setup.

Flair Neo with
Bottomless portafilter + pressure gauge.
1zpresso JX-Pro
Generic 0.01 gram scale.
Bonavita gooseneck kettle.

I also do pourover with a normal 4 cup v60 and filters.

I typically pull 2 shots in the morning.

1 americano for the wife.
1 straight shot for me.

4 Likes

Nice setup!

My espresso gear:
ROK with GC upgrade
Gaggia MDF grinder
Long neck Cuisinart kitchen stovetop kettle
Beans roasted at home, by me.
Typically I pull one double every morning

5 Likes

So that’s the beautiful drink I see in your photos!

2 Likes

Yes sir. Thank you for the appreciation of my espresso pictures

2 Likes

Oh dude they’re awesome!

Norm is 2 cups per day, nothing fancy. Use my Keurig sometimes, but mostly just this vintage piece (needs cleaned, I know). Note where it was made:

5 Likes

Ah, an imported coffee maker. Fancy. Herr Coffee!

3 Likes

Ha! From a country that hasn’t existed for 30 years.

3 Likes

Nice! I have some Schaller straplocks on one of my guitars that say Made in W. Germany.

4 Likes