Any fellow Coffee Drinkers?

Haha it’s watermelon fade but I feel you @mogoo

1 Like

4 Likes

I like my Honey Oat Lattes and Honey Lavender Lattes. Ethiopian coffee is to die for, because it tastes more like tea. Really picky when it comes to coffee (Because it usually upsets my stomach-IBS). And anything I’ve had in Japan. They are experts at refining any craft. I don’t like sweet coffees at all. Can’t stand Starbucks except for the peppermint mocha…

4 Likes

I have tried, but to me coffee is really bitter and I just cannot do it. I have the same issue with blackberries and grapefruit. My taste buds must be out of whack and overly sensitive to bitter. I have a Keurig for guests but never use it myself.

1 Like

Definitely nothing wrong with not having a taste for coffee. There are lots of choices for hot beverages from plain warm water with lemon to tea, cocoa or plain warm milk. Hot beverages are like yoyos, there is probably something different for everyone to enjoy

2 Likes

That ROK makes me jelly

And now I realize that your mug has a double hulk smash.

1 Like

Don’t be. It took a lot of effort to get to shots that look like that. It is also a 15-20 minute routine from start to being cleaned up.

2 Likes

I met a guy one time who chewed coffee beans.
-this is not to anyone specific-

1 Like

Triple hulk smash :slight_smile:

4 Likes

please tell me you are drinking your coffee wearing hulk fists.

3 Likes

Haha unfortunately not ^^

Close enough? Hehe

4 Likes

“Give me coffee. You wouldn’t like it when I’m decaffeinated.”

4 Likes

i’m in seattle…so, yeah’.

caffe ladro is my preference.

mgodzilla

cloudy…

2 Likes

I love frappes! I love anything with caramel!

2 Likes

I’ll be pedantic: it’s not the exact same.

The biggest defining feature of Chemex outside of it’s mid-century modern design is the filter it uses. The filter is much thicker than most other coffee filters (like Melitta or V60 filters) which leads to its signature “clean” cup; the thicker filter paper filters out more coffee oils than a standard filter and filters out much more oil and sediment than a metal filter. Now whether you like that or not comes down to preference and nothing is stopping you from using a paper filter over the metal filter.

And on the design side of things, personally I think the metal/wood/leather combination as well as the glass’s shape makes for a more aesthetically pleasing pour over device. But the Bodum is definitely a usable and comparable experience at a more affordable price point.

Aside from that, I’m also a (avocado green) Cafelat Robot owner. It makes really great espresso and the workflow from cold start is hard to beat if you don’t drink milk-based drinks.

Been drinking a lot of Cat and Cloud roasted coffee (“The Answer” blend), they’re down in Santa Cruz like Verve. Whenever I’m in San Jose though I like to stop by Chromatic like @Nathan mentioned. Doesn’t hurt they have a location near the highway.

When I first started drinking coffee I would put heavy whipping cream (was doing keto at the time) in it, putting less in as time went on until I was drinking it black.

3 Likes

Did any of you guys dislike the taste of coffee before getting hooked?
I use to drink a bit of coffee here and there…but I had to put in TONS of sugar and creamer to mask the taste.
I’ve always wanted to be a coffee drinker…just can’t get use to that taste though!

1 Like

I was going to comment how steampunk some of it looked, but this was mentioned.

2 Likes

ooooh i loooove coffee

1 Like

Made myself a shirt.

8 Likes