Any fellow Coffee Drinkers?

I use a Bunn coffee pot. All this other stuff on here just seems extra. I can make 10 cups of coffee in less than 2 minutes, and it’s delicious. Only maintenance is a vinegar wash every other month.

Coffee, yes, just put it into my veins.

Prefer lighter roasts but not that picky. If I’m choosing, this local roastery is my favorite. https://www.chromaticcoffee.com/

1 Like

I like the Robot a lot.

It’s robust in build design and satisfyingly simple to use. I don’t have to preheat it other than over pouring the basket when filling with boiling water. The one gasket is a standard size used on other machines, including my other home option a spring lever machine.

7 Likes

I must say that’s a very nice looking machine! I think it is often worth it to buy esthetically pleasing objects when you have to look at them everyday.

I’ve been a barista at Starbucks for 3 years except I’m leaving this December. I’m always a fan of a good French press but if you ever get the chance to have a Starbucks reserve coffee through a clover at Starbucks it’s amazing😍

1 Like

Starbucks Clover + their reserve coffee is very delicious.

2 Likes

LOVE that setup :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I actually realised I wrote it down wrong. I got a jolly e for my parents this is a Mazzer mini e.
Same thing really just smaller.

Thanks dude. This was an optimal set up but such a pain to run and maintain.

Kinda happier now with a nespresso machine weirdly.

Maybe I was never that much of a coffee connoisseur as I thought I was.

1 Like

Anything from Branch Street Coffee Roasters in Youngstown Ohio.

1 Like

Death Wish Odin Force blend. It’s strong but sooooo smooth. It has a wonderful nutty/chocolate like undertone that’s completely natural for the blend. Haven’t found a better cup BUT I’m seeing a lot of neat blends on this thread I’m definitely going to have to try!

I’m loving all these machines! I definitely need a chemex. My French press is a go to and my official Sunday machine is the Bialetti.

1 Like

My favorite kind of coffee is one that has been whipped creamy frothy using coconut oil.
Ever since I had seen “Gale’s” trick siphon down in “Gus’s” crank lab in the Breaking Bad series, I told myself I want one. This is my 1st Choice. I enjoy all things SteamPunk"D

3 Likes

Very cool machine @Astroyama!

Here is my ROK:

2 Likes

If you ever get the bug again, there is a simpler way with outstanding results. Londinium R, Niche Zero (single dosing, which I love for switching coffees). Curiously, both UK companies.

The spring lever machine needs vertical space, but no back flushing, screen is generally clean after a pull, so I only use an Espazzola tool and a “kitchen towel” each session, then pop the screen once in a while for a rinse, but there is usually not much residue on it. Twice a year undo 4 screws and lube the piston gaskets or replace if necessary (20 mins at most). Heaven compared to a pump machine for me.

Performance wise, it has that sought-after declining pressure profile and is a little more forgiving than a pump (less sink shots). Dialing in on the Niche grinder is easy and repeatable between coffees, plus near zero retention and quiet.

I won’t hold your feet to the fire for the convenience of the capsules, but being the kind that doesn’t enjoy maintenance myself, I thought I would let you know.

3 Likes

Thanks @MattB sounds like some solid advice here!
Once the kids are a bit older I might get back into coffees more seriously :slight_smile:

1 Like

For folks looking for a Chemex, I use this . a fraction of the cost, larger capacity, and the same exact experience from Bodum. Basically you get borosilicate glass (pyrex) instead of hand-blown hipster expense.

5 Likes

Yes. Coffee is love. Coffee is life.

I’ll have one cup a day from the Krurig (gross I know, but I’m lazy). I do run a good pourover, when I feel fancier, or when I really need coffee, I make a cold brew concentrate, to which I add hot water for a regular cup of joe.

As far as roasters, anything from Tony’s Coffee from Bellingham WA is supreme and for the price, probably the best roastery money can buy. Where I live, I’m about 10 miles from the largest coffee plantation in the US, and while their coffee isn’t ungodly good, it does make a decent cup of coffee.

Weekends I usually enjoy a latte at a local coffee shop, because om nom. FYI; if you like marshmallows, get a latte with oat milk.

3 Likes

I drink coffee nearly daily. Always black. There are good roasters nearby, and I purchase from them occasionally, but for the most part we drink Community Coffee “breakfast blend” out of the Bunn.

If I feel like Having A Cup Of Coffee, I use the French press and get Sleepy Monk’s “monastery blend”. My GOD.

4 Likes

7 Likes

Is it just me, or does anyone else see a double hulk smash going on?

2 Likes