Amateur Yo-Yo Photography

Right on, Logi. A great camera, for sure.

Maybe someday if I really want to step my game up, I’ll get one of those. I’ve been meaning to share the bulbs I’ve been using in my lights:

I’ll post some more yo-yo pics later. I brought my camera out of the house for the first time 2 days ago. I took it with me for lunch. With the waitress’s permission, I used a napkin to set the white balance and took some food shots:

Nice food pics! They make you hungry! ;D

Here’s a couple of me playing with a grocery store find for $2. Globbies! Start out smaller than a BB.

Haha, awesome photos! Under different names (they’re just polymer spheres) my son constantly has “Globbies” on the go. He usually refers to them as “Gooey Eyeballs” even though they’re not really gooey and don’t look like eyeballs. Meh, he’s 3 and a half! :wink:

They advertise those on Nickelodeon as Orbees and sell them at $10 for 300 balls. Xploders guns also shoot those as ammo, but you can buy 100 for $2.

Those photos are sick with the Globbies. I’m going to buy myself some and act like I’m getting them for my niece :smiley: This is my click it stick it send it entry:

A new pair of kicks with YYE logos and some of my YYE Edition collection:

That’s really cool Totalartist! Great picture!

I’ve seen them as plant watering balls and cigar humidor gel (release’s moisture at a constant rate so it maintains 70% or so it said) and even sealed in bandana’s to wet and help keep you cool while wearing it! Crazy uses. These are poisonous is the only downside for young ones because they’re the perfect setup for a kid to want to try.

You should study not only that you become a father when your child is born, but also that you become a child. -Dogen Zenji (1200 - 1253)
(original is mother, but I imagine he meant both.) :slight_smile:

Wow they shoot them too! I guess they would make fine ammo! LOL I only used 1/2 the tube (maybe a tablespoon worth) in a bowl and it filled the bowl up with them.

Exactly! Checkout people look at adults funny sometimes when they’re holding such items with a big smile talking about taking yoyo pictures with them!

Nice kicks and yoyo layout pic! I bet that was fun! Funny how once you start photographing in a light box (or otherwise), when you see others shots, you see all the ‘other’ stuff too. The setup, the questions, the answers, the moving of the lights, the tilt, the shifts, the angles… it’s all there in one shot! ;D

Yea, they make them for Xploders guns because they disintegrate on impact, don’t hurt if you get hit, and are biodegradable, so you can use them outside without the cleanup.

Here is a nice photo I took with one of beherenow’s boxes!!! They are VERY nice and look great!!! Thanks again man!!!

2 Likes

That’s a great photo mgiroux77, and the colors on the wood stand out really nice. I have also photoed a beherenow wooden box with an Essence in it. See beherenow’s BST to get one of these awesome boxes.

2 Likes

I just discovered this thread. It’s fantastic! ;D Great stuff, everyone!

Here are a few I just took

1 Like

This thread is a blast imho! Jump right in with a yoyo photo. The more the better! :slight_smile:

Wow! Nice negative effect! Makes the yoyo and splash really glow.

Thanks man!!! I really like these a lot!!!

Thread!

Very pretty colors Logi. Post some more shots when you turn it into yo-yo string too. :slight_smile:

those are some of my pics…

Hope you guys like 'em.

Lighting was fantastic in my study this afternoon so decided to take a few shots of my Loaded TiWalker, enjoy!

2 Likes