When I have to kill time at work, I take product photos of my yo-yos and EDC

18 Likes

Nice job! What are you using for lighting?

1 Like

The most overkill setup imaginable.

10 Likes

:clap:

Big Boys get Big Toys

you take some incredible photos!

I do the same, but you have a way better photo and lighting set up than I do lol

9 Likes

That mega man patch on your case looks awesome.

2 Likes

That setup is all you need right there! That’s a pretty cool DIY soft box you built. I bet you’d get a lot nicer shadows if you put only one larger diffused overhead light in the box. But still looks awesome as is!

3 Likes

thats the second time its been recommended and I keep forgetting to do that. Might add a sheet of wax paper or something in front of the LED’s

2 Likes

I’m assuming you typically photograph things bigger than yoyos? Do you do product photography as a job?

What works really well is that cheap silk like material that places will use to make little organizer bins and such. I have no idea what the material is called, but it’s this stuff. Same material they use to make the diffuser umbrellas for my lights, and pop-up soft boxes. Tape some of that over your LED’s and it’ll work like a charm.

Sometimes products. Mainly artworks though.

1 Like

thats a great suggestion, i’m sure i can find some in a small roll on amazon lol

Yeah, totally! And if you ever want to upgrade without getting too serious, pretty sure you can get little yo-yo sized product soft boxes with included lighting on Amazon for like $20. But shoot, $20 is 1/5th of a MK1 RBC, so that may or may not be worth it for you. This is how I weigh all my financial decisions now. I compare them against the cost of buying a new yo-yo.

3 Likes

i think that is the correct way to make most important financial decisions

1 Like

Cool! Sounds like a fun job!

Damn now I want to take edc pics, might need to do some kind of desktop set up haha

All you need is something like this.

Well, I’ll be picking this up haha

1 Like

This one looked pretty good to me. Especially since it comes with the light diffuser sheet for the ceiling.

1 Like

5 Likes