Amateur Yo-Yo Photography

(Peter Watt) #673

A few from YoyoFactory.

11 Likes

Fancy! How are you doing the reflection?

0 Likes

(Peter Watt) #675

A glass surface and a low(ish) angle!

1 Like

Very nice. I can never tell if reflections are done with Photoshop (or the equivalent) these days!

1 Like

(Peter Watt) #677

I generally try to avoid using Photoshop and just color correct (and remove blemishes) in Lightroom. Here’s a few similar ones of the Smashing Yoyo Company Mystery Box yoyos I got this morning thanks to @chaosgow

8 Likes

You can get a pretty clean reflection with lighting and the right surface. I haven’t had the need to photoshop a reflection yet.

12 Likes

What’s the trick to getting them to stand on the rim at 45 degrees like that? Remove support in photoshop or something?

1 Like

I’m just reallllly good at balancing things.

10 Likes

Ok. Spent the last hour trying to balance all of my yoyos and all I got is a bunch of dinged up yoyos now. Need more practice I guess.

7 Likes

(Peter Watt) #682

I guess a magician never reveals their secrets… :mage:‍♂

2 Likes

(psss, try some thin fishing wire, or invisible thread from magic shops)

2 Likes

(Jordan Blofeld) #684

Those are lovely. Thank you!

1 Like

Only reason I bought this yoyo was to take a picture with a Nagel. So 80’s! Still didn’t have good lighting set up but didn’t feel like buying/building another light box.

4 Likes

Nice but this is more 80s

1 Like

But did you 3 color match a 1984 Nagel? I think not! :partying_face:

Now add this:

To this:

and you got yerself a bone a fied Hybrid!

3 Likes

(Alexander) #689

This thing is a beauty.

9 Likes

(ClockMonsterLA) #690

Is that Aqua or Teal? I know that Aqua is Gentry’s favorite colorway, but it looks an awful lot like my Teal One Drops…

0 Likes

(Alexander) #691

It’s actually green! They only have three colors available for the bimetal styling: red, blue, and green.

0 Likes

(Jordan Blofeld) #692

Unspoken Artemis, Snagged this shot while the weather was nice. (20C in February!)

16 Likes

very nice!

2 Likes