8 Likes

Is that a pepper grinder?

1 Like

9 Likes

Edited-8067

4 Likes

My twins! My precious boys! :baby: :baby:

2 Likes

I cannot for the life of me get my camera to pick up the fluorescence that my eyes see in this string.

20190311_124605

2 Likes

In my experience fluorescent colors can be tough to picture accurately, especially with string. Have you tried a black background or different lighting? Might just need to do some more editing to get it right.

4 Likes

I think it is the lighting. Here is the same yoyo and same string a few days ago.

WIN_20190308_17_12_18_Pro

It literally glows, at least that’s what my eyes see. Especially the way that loop looks. It especially floresces outdoors in the twilight of the afternoon as the sun is very low in the sky. It blows my mind haha

They aren’t “glow” strings either, just a custom dye job with various florescent tones

1 Like

The first picture looks more vibrant to me. I completely get what you’re saying about trying to get the camera to pick up what your eyes are seeing though, it can be very frustrating trying to get some colors exact. Neon green and neon pink are the most difficult for me.

3 Likes

But they aren’t green green like that. They are more of the ghostly minty green in the second picture.

02f64a670d3dee92a1a2811dc16df328fc3885d7_2_750x1000

It’s crazy that different lighting can affect the color that much.

5 Likes

Welcome to the wonderful world of optics.

5 Likes

Oh gotcha, much clearer with those closeups to see what you meant. Yeah neon greens/yellows vary a lot depending on the lighting.

1 Like

String color varies so much depending on the lighting, I’ve had multiple Ziplines not being the color that I expected that they are lol.:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Canary flying though the back yard.

Canary in its natural environment.

19 Likes

Loving the in-flight shot :rofl:

2 Likes

If it wasn’t for that string it’d got away! Well, it wouldn’t have, it’d just had 12 gauge bird shot marks… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Haha :joy:

Couldn’t resist. This is the Canary in a jar with a stick and a leaf to recreate what it’s used too.

Mitch Hedberg:
In England, Smokey the Bear is not the forest fire prevention representative. They have Smacky the Frog. It’s a lot like a bear, but it’s a frog. I think that’s a better system. I think we should adopt it. Because bears can be mean, but frogs are always cool. Never has there been a frog hopping toward me, and I thought “Man, I’d better play dead. Here comes that frog.” I would never say “Here comes that frog” in a horrifying manner. It’s always, like, optimistic. Like, “Hey, here comes that frog, all right. Maybe he will settle near me and I can pet him, and put him in a mayonnaise jar, with a stick and a leaf, to recreate what he’s used to.”

6 Likes

I just read that in his voice. :joy:

2 Likes