50/50 yoyo thread 11/16 50/50 production run is SOLD OUT!

good deal! Super excited to see what you come up with bro.

2 Likes

Heres renders in different light environments of what the colors will look like: let me know if you have any questions!

Green : GreenSkylight2 GreenSkylight1 Greenphotobooth2 Greenphotobooth1

PurpleGrey: PurpleSkylight2 PurpleSkylight1 PurplePhotobooth2 PurplePhotobooth1

Have a couple tweaks to do before sending it to the shop, but so far so good! let me know how these colors appeal to you all!

17 Likes

The green reminds me of the ILYY Wasabi which is great! I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen a yo-yo colored like the purple-grey, looks really pretty!

2 Likes

the lavender is beautiful. my general yo (one of YOUR favorite brands) klr is lavender and it is such a standout piece. personally, iā€™m happy you were limited to a single color (as opposed to a swap) on your first, and this particular throw. it says a lot about the limitations of the process.

i like the design of your throw, a lot, and will pick one up if there isnā€™t a monkey knife for themā€¦ or if there isā€¦ i like a good hint

a comment about the insigniaā€¦ iā€™m not trying to overly criticize, but the yin yang is trite and overused. in context, it seems like itā€™s not saying anything but half and half, and that symbol has more meaning, or didā€¦ i think itā€™s a sorority symbolā€¦ i guess :man_shrugging:t3: but, the typeface isnā€™t fitting the motif either. five slashes/rings/nothingā€¦ sometimes less is more

i am excited for your yoyo

3 Likes

I agree with the yin yang comment. But I feel that if the half swap or fade color options were available it would be an even more fitting insignia. :thinking:

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback guys!

@Isaac thank you for the positivity about the colors! the wasabi is a bright green, i actually forgot about that particular throw. I was aiming for it to be a brighter colorway. Glad you like the lavender too.

@fatguysnacks247 This shade of lavender turned out really nice in the render. i was afraid it would be a bit too pastel, but it seems like I imagined it would be. Im aiming for 50$ shipped. (60 for outside US) for production, 35-40 for b grades. Iā€™ll try to get it lower if I can, depending on costs of everything else (strings, packaging, shipping rates, etc) so its affordable and collectible! again, im not trying to make any money on this. Id love for it to be even lower but since its only gonna be 50 pieces, my price per yoyo isnā€™t as low as companies that order 300+ on runs with ridiculously low margins.

@Mystik I agree. It is a bit cliche, I thought it fit the 50/50 theme well, but definitely cliche. im glad im getting some feedback about the engravings, I know its hard to get right and itā€™s something that im going to put a lot more thought into, as I donā€™t plan to have an engraving on the protos.

6 Likes

Cliche or not- I canā€™t deny that I love the appearance and meaning of the yin yang :yin_yang:

5 Likes

I think its a good stepping stone for now. Itā€™s an idea thats on the right track, but I think you and snacks are right.

4 Likes

I think your drop is going to be over in 50 seconds by the time your ready. This is super exciting!

5 Likes

13 Likes

I hope so :joy::joy:

4 Likes

This cracked me upšŸ˜‚

5 Likes

Thatā€™s hyrailious :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Update! Sent the machine shop the CAD file tonight. Prototyping has begun! Cant believe im going to actually hold something Iā€™ve designed in my hands soon, itā€™s such a surreal feeling. We went with the green color, havenā€™t really got a negative about either color so the grey-lavender is still the go to color for the production run as well. I have plans for 4 of the protos for when they arrive, what do you think I should do with the last one??

10 Likes

Have a challenge where someone needs to learn one of your tutorials to win the chance to buy your proto

4 Likes

Very cool, looking forward to seeing them when they arrive!

4 Likes

I think you should do a giveaway on yoyoexpert. I like @AKYOYOMIKEā€™s idea except a lot of your tutorials are more advanced and some of us arenā€™t there yet (meaning me). And Iā€™ve never really won a Giveaway And itā€™d be nice if I got a free yoyo since Iā€™m poor lol

4 Likes

I was measuring some guts to try an estimate the total weight and we were able to bump the weight up slightly. Got it to an estimated 59.89 grams! Hope that hits the sweet spot for you Garrett haha.

@100FatYoyoDads not too sure about a giveaway yer, everything is up in the air. Could give it to a reviewer but im not sure.

5 Likes

Iā€™d proudly review it even though I have a collection of 2 1A yo-yos. Iā€™d do an excellent job! Haha. Also if you could get in contact with yo-yo joe I would send it to him.

1 Like

Im thinking dylan kowalski if anybody. One of his close buddies is reps airetic strings with me so it would be an easy hook up.

6 Likes