50/50 yoyo thread 11/16 50/50 production run is SOLD OUT!

Yep. I dont like rim engravings for the most part.

2 Likes

Oof

I agree with you on b4

This is where I’m stopping the poll. B1 is the choice.

4 Likes

Production run of 50 has been ordered! Probably done by the end of October, so looking at a potential mid november release.

Excited to get this into everyone’s hands!

Edit: more info below now that im home.

Limited to 50 pieces total in the purple in this picture:

Nothing too big changed from prototypes to Production, but there were a few quality of life changes made. The main one was just making the spike sharper. Its hard to tell in CAD if your spike is going to be “just right” in terms of sharpness. I used the same angle as the beanie, which has a sharp spike, so it should be okay now. Second change was just to the guts. The machine shop I used has bearings with a slightly smaller inner diameter than normal, resulting in the bearing being next to impossible to take out, as well as taking apart and screwing the yoyo back together squeaky and tough as well. I managed to take the bearing out of my personal proto after maybe 10 minutes, and with a different bearing everything was fine, but it is super unrealistic to me to either A) put everyone else through what I did, potentially damaging their yoyo, or B) spending even more money to get a bulk replacement bearing. I went with a shorter overall post and made it slightly thinner with a chamfer to compensate, hopefully it’ll solve those problems.

Thanks for reading and being apart of this project everyone!

9 Likes

Another review: this ones shorter and from a more intermediate perspective compared to Nate. https://youtu.be/8yaEhPmwVZs

2 Likes

Price range?

1 Like

55 shipped US. For international just add the shipping cost

6 Likes

really looking forward to this.

3 Likes

Newest review of the prototype up by our very own @Roy_Dodge !! Check it out here: https://youtu.be/KelRaK2ICA8

Production run is still in the machining process. Was told they should be done with machining around the end of the month… Looking at a mid November release right now.

9 Likes

Production run is getting shipped tomorrow morning! Excited to get these in! Probably 2 weeks or so until the drop!

17 Likes

Looks clean and nice

3 Likes

Thank you! They really nailed the engraving! Excited to see the color in person!

4 Likes

I hope my chances of picking one of these yoyos up are better than the name.

7 Likes

:sweat_smile: no guarantees but im sure there will be enough to go around for everyone that wants one. There’s gonna be 55 (they made 5 extra).

5 Likes

The 50/50s are here! This is a dream come true for me and im excited to share it with all of you this week! Sale will happen through DMs here, facebook, or instagram, and start either Thursday or Friday afternoon. There will be 55 total. A grades will be 55 shipped, b grades will be 45 shipped total. Thanks for following me on this journey and helping this all be possible!

21 Likes

50/50 DROP INFORMATION: (if this is against forum rules lmk and ill take it down)

50/50s have landed and have been tested. The drop date and time are on my social media(@hobbygod0310 on instagram) including price, how to get one and how to pay for one. There will be 37 A grades and 16 B grades available. Most if not all of the B grades are only for cosmetic issues, and most are barely noticeable. Each yoyo will come with an airetic string, a certificate with the story of how the yoyo came to be along with the CAD drawing, specs, and serial number, an extra set of response pads, and there will be a special discount code for my sponsors website. A few of the A grades (read 3 or 4) will come in burlap sacks instead of the plastic cylinders. These A grades will come with extra stickers, strings, and a larger discount code to my sponsors website.

Thank you all very much for checking this out and I will see you on Friday!

15 Likes

they came out real sharp lookin bud

6 Likes

Its got a really cool metallic look in natural light :raised_hands::raised_hands:

3 Likes

I got mine ordered! I’m really excited for this.

4 Likes