50/50 yoyo thread 11/16 50/50 production run is SOLD OUT!

UPDATE ON SALE!

14 Likes

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

I have 8 of the 50/50 yoyos left. 3 A grades and 5 B grades. If you are interested, DM me and I will respond tomorrow on a first come first serve basis. Thank you all for the amazing support! It has been a mind boggling day to say the least. All orders placed before 12pm est Saturday will go out tomorrow. Thank you again!

10 Likes

HUGE props to another successful drop to one of our up-and-comers!

3 Likes

WE ARE SOLD OUT! Its been a crazy ride to say the least. Thank you everyone for your support! All orders will be going in the mail today!!

20 Likes

All tracking numbers should have been sent. Tuesday/Wednesday seems to be the days theyā€™ll arrive in the US, and a couple weeks later for my international friends :slight_smile: DM me if you didnā€™t get tracking and ill get it to you today :slight_smile:

Surprisingly, the post office workers were very helpful, despite our packages taking over a half hour of their time to get them all out :rofl:

18 Likes

"Well it has arrived! Donā€™t have a ton of time with it on string yet but Iā€™ll share initial thoughts with you. Well ill start with the appearance, my oh my! That purple is a stunning color, it gives the yoyo an elegant look. The engraving is clear and clean, gets the point across but isnā€™t overly loud.

In hand the first thing I could think is just how light this thing feels. There is a slight tackiness to the finish that I wasnā€™t sure about, but after a few minutes it became a non factor. Tired to grind second throw because of that tackiness and color me impressed the thing sat on my finger for what felt like a good 30 seconds with no issues.

So the other thing I identified as a potential issue is the undercut, it almost looks like it could snag the string on first inspection. After many attempts to create an issue with the undercut I can very strongly say that not only does it not snag, but when trying to snag it the cut pops the string very nicely center.

As for play it feels great. The yoyo has a very nice weight in play that really allows it move quickly. Kind of a common theme most organics suffer from is the slight sluggishness in speed combos, however the 50/50 just zips along. The width of the yoyo makes tech tricks very simple to hit. Keep in mind I am not a professional by any means, so by no means can I say Iā€™ve pushed it to any limits, however it can easily handle everything I threw at it.

I didnā€™t do any horizontal to be completely honest, 2 reasons for that. First is Iā€™m not yet awake enough to say I wonā€™t hit myself in the face, and secondly I honestly donā€™t care how the 50/50 is at it. I am not good enough at horizontal with yoyos that excel at it, so Iā€™ll leave horizontal opinion to those that are better than I.

The 50/50 just hits on so many intangible levels for me. The weight in hand I keep coming back to that, just feels so good. Every catch is smooth and soft even on a couple early binds that it did. Close by the only thing I had similar in shape was a quibit and it is a night and day difference. The quibit is a pain to throw i find, its weight distribution gives it a much smaller sweet spot to have a smooth throw that doesnā€™t wobble like a weeble. The 50/50 is smooth every throw, even some intentionally bad throws it spun smooth and was able to be recovered quite easily.

So far what I for sure can say is you should be very proud of this yoyo. It is a more niche style throw that delivers a performance level I will truthfully say I didnā€™t expect. Appearance is top notch, that color in person is just so visually appealing. I tired to exploit things I saw as potential flaws and failed so kudos to you for design testing!

Oh the story of the yoyo, I loved having that included in the box! And extra pads, my favorite box add on by far that no one seems to do!

In closing, because I can get a bit long winded in the morning, I am very happy to add this 50/50 to my collection."

I was going to edit and condense this but I got lazy soā€¦

12 Likes

You remember Weebles? Weebles wobble but they donā€™t fall down! I guess we are close in ageā€¦

3 Likes

Love hearing this! Thank you so much!

Majority of maildays should start coming in tomorrow Wednesday and Thursday! I know its Thanksgiving week but if you all have time take a picture and share your thoughts with me!

2 Likes

Hey guys, the 50/50 run did a lot better then I expected (we sold out in less than a day, which is ridiculous to me) so hereā€™s a quick poll, would you like to see another run of the 50/50? IT WILL NOT BE EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE FIRST RUN! So if you are somebody who bought it because of the exclusivity, do not worry, there will be a big enough change to separate the first run from a proposed second run. Heres the link to vote, thanks! -Patrick

7 Likes

nice breakdown @lumanasty

2 Likes

Any chance youā€™d ever make more in green?

Regardless my vote very much goes to [YES]!!

3 Likes

A lot of people wanted that proto green color. Its definitely a strong contender for the production colorway if another run happens.

Thereā€™s also run size to think about too. 50 again or if we level up to 100 :rofl: 100 we could do 2 or 3 colors.

6 Likes

OH!
2 or 3 shades of green sounds like a great plan!!!

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl: fair enough.

1 Like

Firstly, congrats on a great drop/manu/design

I was hoping that the proto deep green would make an appearance for the second run.
Been following the production through the forum. Been great inspiration and entertainment.
Good luck and thank you dude.

2 Likes

Thanks man!

My 2 front runners now are the proto green and a black and white fade.

3 Likes

Just color/engraving changes or are you making changes to the physical design? Assuming the former but recent releases like the Memento actually changed design elements prior to second run so thought I would ask.

1 Like

Wow. Awesome man. CONGRATS :tada::tada::tada:

1 Like

Both! Iā€™d like to keep the engraving the same, but different colors are definitely going to happen. Right now im between the prototype green and a black and white fade. Maybe we can do 100 and do both? Haha. The change to the design wonā€™t impact the soul/feel of the yoyo, but itā€™ll be bigger than a gap width change.

1 Like