2A Tuesdays ( a Looping Thread)

Sounds like the plastic that holds the bolt is stripped. This can happen a bunch of different ways.

I had a similar issue and removed the caps on my loop720 s to fix the issue. If your more careful than I you can get the caps off with some heat and a small screw driver. (I learned the hard way Yomega likes to glue there caps in…) then you can remove the hardware add some glue to the plastic to make it ridged again and gently screw everything back together once dry. It was a pain but made 1 very playable yoyo and two alright yo-yos.

I posted about the “fix” below.

2 Likes

I’m trying to collate a list of 2A tutorials over in this thread:

Please comment over there if you know of a good resource that I’ve missed.

5 Likes

I’ve been wait until Tuesday to say this but… props to you all 2a is freaking hard… Like really really hard lol. I started it thinking it would be relaxing side activity to kill time watching TV or whatever… but wow this is difficult and addicting at the same time. Excited to keep the journey going with you all and hopefully I can get some progress video soon

6 Likes

Yeah I started 2A thinking I could just loop while in long boring work meetings but not as simple as it sounds.

4 Likes

I’m up to 20 loops on each hand! Separately.

7 Likes

Just want to second what @Gurr said…y’all crazy! This is so hard hah! I’m totally in though…spent most of my time today tweaking my setup…which is somehow encouraging because I can tell there is a spot I want my yo to be and I think I’m pretty close with one Yoyo… Can’t really toss it anymore today but there was a brief moment when I tasted it…the perfect flick of the finger/wrist…I was there and felt it and I’m hooked! I’ll be in all day on Tuesdays!

3 Likes
14 Likes

Two 720’s, Sochi looper and a duncan pulse. Keep it loopy :call_me_hand:t2:

10 Likes

Got my fourth Loop 720 today (the highlighter yellow) so I set up my second pair. I also got a pair of blue spacers, so this pair has one red and one blue. I like the response a lot so far. I’m using longer strings and a snappier wrist. I’ll need to throw some longer strings on the Sunrises to do a better comparison later.

Do Raiders and Loop 720s play differently? I know they have compatible guts…

8 Likes

Jealous :rofl:

1 Like

Agreed. Look at that yard! :joy:

Edit: but seriously, nice loops too @Eric_Newlin!

Full discloser, here’s how they usually end :grin:

7 Likes

Okay here’s some early progress because I think I’m starting to figure out the outside loop…here’s a handful of them…still early and sloppy but not always and I think I got the feel I should be aiming for, I just can’t execute it smoothly yet…I have to adjust it a lot and figure out a better looper than this scribbled on legend (still sleeps), but it’s early progress…probably better at outside loops because it’s like a breakaway and that’s what I always throw the most of…been having just a ton of fun mixing this practice in when I get frustrated with 1a…going to practice the opposite outside next because I’m so sick of having to reset my string twist

6 Likes

I saw these new limited edition Loop 720s on insta.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cq_GRdDJKCq

The pink and blue color scheme is very much my jam.

5 Likes

Shadow loops at sunset

8 Likes

So I’ve looped for a good bit but never really thought about string much with my loopers like I do for my unresponsives. Probably cause I generally use a generic cotton for most of my loopers at the moment.

Does anyone have a string preference for looping?

I’m aware cotton for your wood but is there specific brand of cotton string anyone swears by or blends that work well that don’t melt?

Similarly for the plastic and metal responsive yo-yos any string preferences that stick out. I think my loop 720 had cage free string I was working through for the longest time before dipping into the cotton and backlog of magic yoyo string I’ve accumulated and I can’t remember if I noticed any differences or even paid attention at the time.

4 Likes

you can pretty much use the regular-normal type of poly string for modern looping yoyos. Most japanese old school 2a players that ive asked use slick cotton for raiders due to right amount of torsion amd string length, but if you are feeling adventurous on trying a new string blend there’s cotton-nylon bulk available on the market.

2 Likes

I’ve been using project 44 Mugen string (the cotton/nylon they mentioned). I’m no looping expert, but I like it.

5 Likes

I use OTS thin on my loop 720s (I prefer OTS normal, but I’m running out and can’t find it in stock :frowning: ). I have also used P44 Mugen and like it.

My fixie loopers are Imperials and I prefer to use poly on them over cotton.

2 Likes

Glad to hear you like it. I bought some on the 4.4 sale having never tried it but at $12 for x100 It was worth a try.

2 Likes