I'm waiting for 2A yoyos to arrive, let's talk about 2A to get over my undying hype

the title says all, I’m getting restless waiting for my loop 720’s to arrive

3 Likes

I don’t want to feed your hype but I sold my loop 1080’s and it was a horrible mistake. I dearly miss those and I finally understand looping now so I want them back so bad. I might just join you and grab the 2020 because I can’t leave well enough alone.

1 Like

I think a good chunk of my hype is that 2A feels really undiscovered due to the lack of tutorials

3 Likes

My advice on 2a is try to force yourself to learn on your offhand first. For me it was way easier to take a trick over to my dominant hand after the ol’ spaghetti arm learned it first vs the other way around.

4 Likes

If you like tutorials Fist Salud has around 64 for 2A. Here is number 1 and 64 with Shu.

9 Likes

What colors are your 720s? Do you have any looping experience or are those your first loopers?

1 Like

Both of them are the recon colorway, i have a little through the use of an old coke yoyo that i slapped some short string onto, so they are my first set of loopers but not my first exposure to looping

2 Likes

Cool i have one in recon too but I broke it. I’m now waiting for an orange 720 then I can practice 2A too :smile:

1 Like

If you don’t mind me asking, How did you break it?

1 Like

I accidentally overtightened it in an attempt to get better response. Very stupid from me.

1 Like

ah right, how long ago was that?

2 Likes

Some months ago

1 Like

Anyway if your loopers play funny just clean the bearing (super easy, shield removal not required) and get fresh string.

3 Likes

@Espressoe do you plan to use thick lube? I’ve made the experience that the 720s already play super responsive. Shu Takada says he runs his bearings dry. I use a super tiny amount of thin lube.

1 Like

i probably will, that is if i have any trouble out of the box which is unlikely

3 Likes

Did you get your 720s? I’m loving mine. And I use thick lube on them now. The yoyos of many good 2A players were super responsive, on one I even struggled to throw a sleeper haha.

2 Likes

Someone here gave me old school loppers abs I’m trying to get it down. Try the old Duncan how to be a player video on you tube. It’s got some nice loops. T Chris!!

2 Likes

Got a pair of IYoyo Sunrises coming soon. Excited to try looping for real. Did a few loops on my YYF Confusion, and it’s so satisfying. Super hyped! When I was a kid, I pretty much thought 2a was the only style, so it’ll be cool to finally try it, lol.

2 Likes

no they’re not here yet, at the end of the week i’ll start asking questions and sending emails

1 Like

well way back in the 80-90s 2a was pretty much the only style cause string trick yoyos weren’t as mainstream at the time

3 Likes