2A Tuesdays ( a Looping Thread)

Well the last 2A Tuesday of the year; before I bought some new loopers in 2018 this was the guide on the YYEF that guided me back then. I did start with Hornets per @KSCriss recommendation, and I also came back to them this year, but today I’m all about 720s.

2 Likes

Oh my, an entire day of the week to us??

Nice.

4 Likes

It is only Tuesdays, since Fridays are Fixed, 5A now has the whole summer and Everybody is working for the Weekend ; good to see you back on the boards :grinning:, hopefully you can keep enlightening us with your 2A stylings this coming year.

3 Likes

Happy 2aTuesday!

5 Likes

Going to play some 720s today. I’ve been playing a lot of 0A this week with my PockeHt and started doing Around The Worlds to Shoot the Moons. Going to give that a go today with the Loopers and my non-dominant hand. Maybe even into a dueling syncopated rhythm, need to work it out with the left hand first.

4 Likes

Early on when I set sail on my 2A voyage, the Captain of the Playmaxx ship bestowed these custom Rumble Bees unto me when I least expected it. Thank yo Captain, I’m still very appreciative of the gift and I would like to pay it forward to the Chico yoyo club. Whereas any proceeds from the sale of this yoyo batch will go to the Chico yoyo club to help with contest hotels, gasoline, and more Celestino’s pizza parties after club day.
Chico Yoyo Club nurtures champions.

Top row center-2 yoyos are in mint condition…never been played. $100 ea. + shipping
Remaining yoyos are in average condition…been played plenty…still look nice…$25 ea. + shipping

Direct Messages Please

7 Likes

Well it has been a full year since I started 2A Tuesdays and this is what I learned. 2A is hard and a real grind, out of the 50 weeks I missed a few but I averaged at least 15 minutes a day which adds up to around 12.5 hours for the year. I did have some break throughs and have more confidence and control. I do need to change my string more frequently, as new strings do make a huge difference in 2A play. I’m happy with my 720s, Hornets and Raiders, so there is no gear lust and I even like looping fixed with my imperial TKs. This year I might just have to ramp up my time intervals and increase my play frequency throughout the week. For me this is still an exercise to round out my skill set and apply that to 0A and 5A which just makes me better at 1A. Oh and its fun meditative workout.

5 Likes

Well done! Keep up the good work for another 52ish!

Ditto! You inspired me last year…i think i started mid way. Try to do some looping daily on my walk to the train. But Tuesdays i put in effort. I can honestly say i can loop with my left, apparently i can also planet hop and shoot the moon … January last year i couldn’t throw a decent forward pass with my left.

3 Likes

Just landed a lunar landing with my 720 in my right… then gave myself a upercut with my 720 on the left. Tuesdays can be dangerous.
Happy 2AsDay. :wink:

5 Likes

Missed the post yesterday. About strings, I played these until the tension was so blown-out that the 720s just fell right off. They didn’t break, but now they are just a tangled twisted mess, I think I over looped them all the way around to an opposite tension. Might be good next week to switch up my pairs. My 2A resolution needs to be to change out my strings more often;

4 Likes

Its Fixed Axle February 2021 so lets do this 2A. TK No Jives are not just for collecting these @rosgana and @yoyodave42 Purgatory Light and Dark 1 1/2 swaps need some play’n. Initially my loops were drooping, but I’m getting them back up as I adjust to the 53g and the slower speed of cotton. These play and feel great.

6 Likes

That YO cape is so sick and the yoyo man’s constant jelly leg dancing makes me smile. :grin:

The dog jumping through the hoop trick looks doable too!

3 Likes

Wow @Exmime That is nice to saw my Design exist over there :slight_smile: Thank you @yoyodave42 to asked me for make this design… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

0A 2A Today on Tuesday

6 Likes

I’ve been really enjoying fixed axle looping, these No Jives just play so smooth and they are really keeping me motivated. Probably because I’m taking more of a relaxed approach to play, it must be a natural wood thing. Maybe next week I’ll get hyper and play some plastics by getting back on some Yomega Raiders.

5 Likes

I’m starting to work on 2-handed. It’s going as expected. Duncan Hornet and R2FG Ion Cannon, both strung with Fist Salud 85cm. I am enjoying the Ion Cannon, but I may add a bit of lube to the axle to make it a wee bit more responsive. Also, I am really liking the FS 85cm, but does anyone else feel like they spend a lot of time babying the tension on them?

4 Likes

I’ve been curious on the ion cannon. Waiting on one in the mail.

2 Likes

I think the Fist Saluds have a lot of rebound and spring to them. The tension game is on going for me in 2A, thats why I spend a lot my practice time counting my reps to counter or tension back out. However this month I’ve taken a mellow approach and haven’t been counting as much, cotton can definitely let you wind up, but I’ve haven’t been loading them up as much as I do on poly. I’ve gotten up to a 100 on the Loop Lites and then backed out, though getting reps that high is hard on all the strings I’ve played.

2 Likes

I like it. It’s lighter, but in a hollow-feeling way, if that makes any sense. Definitely a little more demanding. It is not amused by sloppy throws.

2 Likes

My ion cannon came today. It does play lighter for sure. I’m not good at looping but its definitely a slower pace: Sleeps really well. Was throwing with yysl type x. Tried swapping in some loop 2020 spacers and decided stock setup was the best middle ground.

Also got the initiator today. I really liked it as well.

3 Likes