2A Tuesdays ( a Looping Thread)

2A if you are a Yomega collector you are in luck, Hans Yim is selling his collection for $200,000 USD. Little out of my league, my 2 year old Glow 720s still pass muster especially laced with Loop Lite Goldenrod.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHr1C9IBbOz/?igshid=159zewo4im60u

6 Likes

Wow. I would but I just got a new carpet. LoL. Seriously though. That collection is intense. Good luck to him.

3 Likes

how are those strings? I saw them on the store, and want to know how they are compared to kitty regular and stuff

2 Likes

Compared to Kitty Regular, they are a little slimmer but thicker than Kitty Slims. In play they have a little more rebound at the end of the string compared to Regulars and Slims. These were made by Kitty for looping and I’m finally getting consistent enough to reap the benefits of the added rebound and can feel this nuance. I haven’t committed to a full 100 pack yet, but so far I’m liking Goldenrod and I think the price has come down a bit since when they were originally released.

1 Like

Cool. Glad to hear. Was looking at those myself. Gonna have to grab some.

Been taking 2a seriously since I picked a pair of these. Uh, almost ok at inside loops.

6 Likes

This song tho!!! It’s got me spinnin’…:grin:

1 Like

Daaaaaaang!!! Skillllzzzz!!!:grin:

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll check em out when I run out of strings

1 Like

Getting some 2A gaming today. The grind is real and its easy to fall off the train. It feels good to get in some reps though. 720s and Loop Lite;

6 Likes

Not Tuesday but i practice looping every time i walk to the train. Starting to come along.

6 Likes

Since I’ve mastered 2 handed loops :wink::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: i figured i would try hop the fence in my left to start working towards 2 handed hops… wow! my left is totally disconnected from my brain at times. 2A should be considered neurologic training for your brain. Nutty.

4 Likes

Somedays I just disconnect and do Hops with the left and loops in the right in a non syncopated rhythm, it can be a bit of a mess, but I just try to hold on for the ride.

4 Likes

I think I’m at least a year away from trying that. Have to have goals :wink:

2 Likes

I wish I could see someone on the street throwing a yoyo, doesn’t matter which style.I haven’t had this pleasure for years. :pensive:

5 Likes

No where near hoping and looping with both hands simultaneously… but I’m throwing hops around the worlds and alternating loops back to back consistently in the left. Hardest transfer seems to be going from loops to hops.

1 Like

Found these 2 on a FB thread. Thought it might be helpful to post here. A complete guide to looping by YYE and another by Bandalores. Probably more basic then everyone on this thread but i thought it was insightful.

https://www.bandalore.org/shawnsguides/inside.html

2 Likes

Nice 2A resource links :arrow_up:

Been 2A lazy and pushing my string life again. 2A play is definitely harder on strings than 1A play is. Finally changed them out with a fresh Orange YYE Bulk Poly pair, new strings definitely play easier. Been getting my Milk The Cows more consistent these days;

FISTSALUD tutorial;

Still on the Glow YYF 720s;

6 Likes

Kind of embarrassing but this was a productive day. I learned hop the fence and planet hops are 2 diffrent tricks.
I’ve been doing planet hops the whole time. Today i learned hop the fence for the first time.

5 Likes

The 2A train.

4 Likes