2A Tuesdays ( a Looping Thread)

2A @dylan_kowalski dropped an inspirational looping vid and recommends that we all should just get out of our comfort zone every now and then. I’ll be enjoying the grind, today’s goal will be a 1000.

5 Likes

Perfectly timed video for me in my yoyo wandering. My 2A package from YYE (pair of Loop 720s and a Hornet) arrived today, and I am down for some serious training. It feels really great to practice with two almost identical yoyos in each hand.

Also that D3 Dawn looks hot, a blue green halfswap would look great. Looks like it might be slower and more chill than the 720s, I might have to pick up a pair.

3 Likes

Not Tuesday, but I’ve been looping a lot today. Just swapped a gold/black set of 720s and it looks even better than I expected! Might take the logo off the black side, but haven’t decided yet.

5 Likes

Anyone tried these loopers out? While I appreciate Dylan’s review was hoping someone with a bit more looping experience could weigh in on them

I haven’t had a chance to play these yet, but Henson Chan thinks they’re pretty good and is putting them to the test in his IG stories.

1 Like

Haven’t posted on this thread for a few weeks but I’ve been working my 2 handed 2A daily. I do love myy i might have to get another set of loopers. Love my 720s though. Blue red spacers. I’m getting used to my hornets after a few weeks. I’ve gotten very consistent on my inside/outside loops can get 4 reps regularly with both hands. One handed i can throw around the world into it in/out/AOW & repeat.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

3 Likes

I may be wrong, but I believe that’s called “world tour”. Using punches to regen.

2 Likes

A world tour is just AtW from a breakaway throw. I think there are a few names for AtW from loops, I learned it as Warp Drive.

3 Likes

2A Tuesday and throwing some loops. 720s laced and ready with slim Kitty. Awesome Justin Webber slow-mo inside loop flips for inspiration, all smiles.

4 Likes

What yoyo string do you all use in your 2A yoyos? Ive been using cotton strings, though I have no idea what is the norm.

3 Likes

The norm for 720s is yellow Kitty Regulars for most players

I use cotton on my wood set ups, and bulk poly on the bearing loopers. Fist Salud Loop lite is made by Kitty and its a special blend and between Kitty Slim and Regular thickness. I also use just YYE 100% bulk poly as well for economy. Lately I’ve been on a Red Slim Kitty kick just because I’ve had a bulk box for a couple of years and I’ve been feeling the color red.

Sting length is the most important variable. Too long and loops droop, too short and they get high and feel odd.

This 2020 video explains a lot about looping dynamics and set ups;

5 Likes

I’ve been using the Fist Salud Loop Lite strings since they released. I used to use Kitty Slim or Regular, but would burn through them pretty fast. I get several times more life out of the Loop Lite. Plus the length of the Loop Lite strings is perfect for me right out of the package.

3 Likes

Looping strings are the only ones I still make. I have some super old school poly coated cotton pools in various shades of brown so its ugly as sin (came from an old tailor shop so I’m sure they were all used to making pants). However the cotton core gives me durability that I haven’t found with anything else.

4 Likes

Thanks for this! I actually watched that video quite a while ago, but I was too freshly back to yoyo to seriously think about my left hand in 2A play. Seems to me that string type is only as important as a fine tuning. As for string length, ive become focused on this lately for all yoyo types. I have yet to get loops down good enough to fine tune my ideal length, but I do notice that it is too quick when short, and too gangly to maneuver when long.

I need to mess around with loop technique some more, but in the meantime ive been throwing dual forward passes and around the worlds. Im just not used to yoyoing at such a mentally demanding pace. I also want to keep my left hand up to par and have been yoyoing “fakie” with a fixed axle in my left hand (since it is a style I am comfortable with). The transfer of muscle memory is weird, but great. I was able to land a kickflip yesterday and I never even tried left handed yoyoing more than two weeks ago (throw down come up sort of new). 2A seems a bit more possible if I can control a yoyo with that precision with my left hand.

You guys have any advice on 2A fundamentals? I can actually loop, but not consistently, so I can’t fully dial in string length yet. Strangely enough im almost better at it with my left, but I think that is because I throw harder with my right since I am much more practiced, and im just throwing it too fast for my current skill.

1 Like

Anyone know anything about repetitive strain (specifically with wrist) and 2a? I want to try to get the 2a basics down but I’ve had some wrist tendinitis in the past and don’t want to commit to hard it if its like to cause issues.

1 Like

Looks like the 2A looping tutorials that @AndreBoulay did are getting reloaded on the YYE YouTube page. Now there in no excuse to go and do some Warp Drives.

6 Likes

lol - yes - in all their glorious 480p resolution! :rofl:

Need to remake these sooner than later. :innocent:

7 Likes

Last YYE order i picked up a Loop Lite Goldenrod 10 pack. Squeezing in a few loops before dinner, Meatloaf;

5 Likes

He made those videos about a day after he started yoyoing. How can a human be so good at yoyoing?

2 Likes

The newer raiders come with an assortment of spacers that somewhat alleviate the need to modify them.

3 Likes