2A Tuesdays ( a Looping Thread)

2A on this Tuesday I’ doing some reps and sets that play with loading up tension only to unload a large number of reps. Was reading a review of some Loop 2020s and the reviewer said once they had them set up, they could do a 100 inside loops. So 2A I’m doing this challenge; start the set with neutral string tension and do 50 consecutive Over the Falls, into 100 Inside Loops, then bring the sting tension back to neutral with 50 Outside Loops to complete the set. 5 sets make it a 1000. My strings are fresh on the Hornets today which have been getting regular play

5 Likes

Deep Blue Deep State ftw… :fire:

4 Likes

i have joined team @Mystik and @Exmime
Your hornets where making me jealous. As usual colors may vary so it was a gamble what id get. Funny i got a matching set.

6 Likes

Hornets are great. I wore out the friction stickers on mine.

1 Like

Matchy Matchy

3 Likes

Been playing a lot of 0A and Slimline 1A this last week. I did squeeze in some 2A today, but it was a bare minimum effort, however I’ve been applying some 2A techniques to my 0A play. The Hornets need some new strings next session.

5 Likes

Getting an early 2A start this Tuesday. Switching up strings to some white YYE bulk poly. Is it uncouth to play white after Labor Day? Taking on Evan Nagao’s 2A challenge, I’ve seen videos of the old THP crew doing on the back loops, another level of control and power. I’ll let you all know how many times I get hit in the head, at least with this challenge I can stay in bed.

5 Likes

Good luck. Personally I’m trying to remove gravity from the equation while i practice looping. Maybe next year.

I tried to hit some consecutive loops but i think it’s too humid or something. This was my best for today. Happy Tuesday yall.

]

3 Likes

Getting some miles into my hornets…i think they are still breaking in. Right now i deff prefer my 720s.

2 Likes

The 720s definitely play faster than the Hornets, and the 720s round shape is very comfortable. I’m still feeling my Hornets, I like the slower thud they have from a control perspective.

Glad to see that Evan Nagao has been playing some more 2A on the Instagram with his signature 720s.

Today I’m going to the Duncan Tournament book for some Three Leaf Cover pattern action.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEjXfKCBvgn/?igshid=1rct18ac99sse

6 Likes

That’s a great little book! I want that book now more then the yoyo!

3 Likes

The yoyo is also pretty sweet if you like playing vintage woods, especially the Duncans since they were all US made and they used such a thick paint back in the day.

2 Likes

2As session was short and sweet, but I did put in a few reps yesterday as well.

3 Likes

This guy has a question regarding loop 720’s

1 Like

Thanks a lot for linking it here dude, I didn’t know this thread existed. So yes, I want to know if I can use fat strings on a 720 by messing with the spacers in any way. Thanks a lot for the help!

3 Likes

No problem! Happy to give a gentle nudge
:wink:

2 Likes
2 Likes

I did take the last couple weeks off from posting but I did do some minimal looping. Last week I pulled my 720s back out and gave them some lube and fresh strings. Since 2A I’m getting an early start I should get some decent reps. Enjoy the added speed of the 720s, today they are set up with red Kitty Slims.

7 Likes

It’s not Tuesday, but I figured that any day was just as good to get back into 2A. Thought about it last night, and went with it today. Started out getting the feel of forward passes on my dominant hand, then tried fooling around with a yoyo on my left (not a first for me, but almost). I was amazed with the skill I actually had, I guess due to muscle memory and throwing experience, but I was able to start throwing forward passes in less then 5 minutes. At the end of my session I was able to do a loop with my non-dominant hand. I was mostly using my Fireball, but I have some Loop 2020s so I threw them in as well. The 2020 was easier, but also way faster and would probably not be ideal for learning how to consistently loop. Kinda like using a competition V to learn trapeze. Got some 720s and Hornets on the way. I might have to get another few Fireballs after playing with mine today though.

4 Likes

Dang didn’t realize Jensen’s between the legs to behind the back trick went back to 2001 :anguished:

2 Likes