Let's break the Shoot the Moon record together

With the modern metal responsive development coming along nicely, I jumped in head first and got the below.

Alleycat 650b, Deep State, Deeper State, Respawn, Weekender, Daytripper and RBC

I was on a quest to find which ones spoke to me.

The far and away winner was the RBC, and it wasn’t even close. Those that love shooting the moon, this thing is the new tool in my humble opinion. Which leads me to this thread.

Shoot the moon whenever you get a chance, and share your best results. Feel free to do this daily, monthly, whenever.

The world record is held by Bill de Boisblanc, with 1057 consecutive shoot the moons. I bet his arms were burning.

yyfben has clarified that he was using both arms (two yoyos)

Yoyoexpertgarret clarified that throwing out and up counts as one

Current leader in the thread is @Upmanyu at 109!

And @yyfben2.deactivated with an insane 16 foot long string shoot the moon!

20 Likes

that’s a two handed record, so I hope you bought pairs!

17 Likes

thats insanity lol

3 Likes

I wholly agree with this.
I’m still at zero.
Yes I bought pairs.

6 Likes

Shoot the Moon is in my top 3 favorite tricks to do, period. I STM all the time, even at work in my office (practice on my knees or sitting down). I’ll start remembering to count more. I did just get break my personal record earlier today, and hit 20. Although, this is with one hand lol

8 Likes

Lol, oops, guess it’s gonna take me twice as long. Any metal responsive in the pipeline under 50g that you’re at liberty to share on?

Loving the confusion (forget to mention it above, but it was my first) and would love to see what your minds could do on the under 50g side of things

3 Likes

If I wanna play responsive I typically use a spinstar. added bonus is if someone else is interested, they usually get a spinstar :wink:

14 Likes

Time to pick up a Spinstar, thank you sir!

Care to humor us with your shoot the moon number? I’m still pushing out at 11.

4 Likes

I want a Spinstar. I’m going to have to pick one up.

6 Likes

or just run into me somewhere :wink:

5 Likes

I busted out 100 at my desk chair! One very close call recovery in there.

5 Likes

Well damn, we have a new champion! Time to practice some more on my end.

Who will be the first to top 100?

2 Likes

Mate, I’d love to run into you somewhere!

3 Likes

Just bought another 14 spinstars. Great throws for the money! You should definitely try one!

4 Likes

Just for the record, thats 100 out and up, or does out and up count as 2?

I just had this thought, and might need to adjust my personal record count by a factor of 2 lolol

5 Likes

I can probably do a half of one. Haha

3 Likes

No, out, up and back is one. Maybe leaving out the back on the last one is ok.

6 Likes

Thats what I figured, just had to make sure lol

2 Likes

Any tips for trying to get past just a few? I don’t know if my string is too long or I just need more time with it, but I keep hitting my shoulder or arm and every 10-15 minutes I have to dodge to get my noggin out of the way. I guess I should watch or read how it’s supposed to be done, I’m just going from memory of seeing it somewhere. Fun for tonight was: 1) the RBC clicked the button all the way on the pen in my shirt pocket and 2) a bump on the forehead while trying to wrangle it back under control and of course 3) going to bed an hour after I promised (which is actually better that usual).

6 Likes

Wow I was going to ask about the record just yesterday!
This year was the first time I hit shoot the moon a few times and I dont remember when I was this this happy learning a trick.
To me shoot the moon is an elite level trick haha.

Also curious if the record counts out and up as 2 or 1.

3 Likes