Let's break the Shoot the Moon record together

I edited the original topic as those are good questions

I use a shorter string. I’m not saying super short, but I tie it out around my man parts rather than my belly button

5 Likes

(This user has been censored by forum moderators)

3 Likes

This is the one handed longest shoot the moon. :crescent_moon: over 15 feet!!

10 Likes

4 Likes

Ive only done this trick a few times, because of lot of my yoyoing is done indoors in an old house with low ceilings, so forgive me if im mistaken. But im thinking that this trick would be the easiest to do on a looping yoyo?

Im pretty sure no amount of voodoo yoyo technology would make this even remotely possible to beat. Some world records may be somewhat ‘easy’ to beat because of obscurity and antiquated means, but this really doesn’t sound like one of them. This honestly sounds just as hard or harder than crafting a winning world’s yoyo routine of any division. Im actually astounded by the record, seems almost unreal.

Honestly same. When this project was first announced, I was so excited because the Blood Cell is one of those rare fixies that imo is truly something special. It made me envision a metal version, one that is dead smooth, but still has the same feel. Having never played a metal yoyo that even remotely felt like a fixie in play had me skeptical, but after seeing the design philosophy explained by MK1/SW, I was all in for the hype. After playing with it for 5 minutes, I was blown away; this yoyo is a game changer. Hollow aluminum designs have been a thing for quite a while, but never to this end, not even close.

Before this yoyo came out, the Daytripper (imo) was far and away the best metal responsive. Don’t get me wrong, I still think it is great, and still better than the RBC in some areas of responsive play, but for 0A styles the RBC just feels like smoother wood. Id love to see a more narrow-walled, larger diameter, hollow aluminum design using the same principles to see if it can retain some of the same magic.

3 Likes

Really not sure why that made me laugh as hard as it did lol

2 Likes

@YoYoExpertGarrett do you guys have trickshot string? I couldn’t see a listing

3 Likes

I think we were waiting to do a tutorial video on that one… we should have it though! I’ll make a note to get it online soon.

7 Likes

I think y’all should be trying to break the record on looping yoyos, with strings about 70-80cm in length. The RBC really isn’t the most ideal yoyo to do this record on. Also, with so many shoot the moons, tension management while shooting the moon is something you’d need to consider as well.

2 Likes

Not that I’m trying to break any records, but thinking about this, you only have to manage tension when it goes out of control, right? If you’re doing it straight, it seems like it’s just swinging back and forth and staying at the same tension. The yo-yo doesn’t flip (like it would while looping) and your hand doesn’t turn over like with a regular throw so wouldn’t the string tension stay the same?

3 Likes

Yeap that’s true, but when you’re doing so many shoot the moons, some of them wouldn’t be perfect and maybe the yoyo will come back to either side of your hand, causing the string to get tighter or looser depending on the side (essentially a mini sidewinder) and those slight changes can jack up your string tension after a lot of shoot the moons.

3 Likes

That’s makes sense. A lot of times it goes to the outside of my throw hand instead of swinging back correctly. I usually have to start over by then because I haven’t gotten correcting course down yet. It’s a great feeling when it’s working though.

3 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

I enjoy shooting the moon with my Weekender too. It feels easier with the RBC, but just by a pinch.

Been practicing Ben style in my chair, actually pretty fun

3 Likes

#Iwasthere

Hahaha

3 Likes

Spent my a few minutes this morning Shooting the Moon while my pets did their business in the bakc yard. Most I was able to manage this morning was 11, had fun STM’ing with my RBC’s (both, just wanted to see if I could feel a difference between them w/ the play time differences, hint I couldn’t), my Day Tripper, and my Survivalist.

3 Likes

Does anyone know where to find the video of Jensen doing STM for minutes on end?

3 Likes

There is one on IG and there may be a few more… using one of his Orphans

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CXjo2MFgvBd/?utm_medium=copy_link

6 Likes

I hadn’t seen that one, thanks! There is (was) one of him in a field standing on a plywood board (IIRC) and it’s several minutes of him just doing STM.

Does it count if it goes on the wrong side? In my experience, if you get anything close to a Sidewinder you’re done! It’s difficult to keep going once they’re not perfect.

I would have thought the same, but I just got mine in the mail minutes ago, and I did 22! I never counted before, but that’s a lot for me. I think the modified shape gives enough stability to help stay on plane, but not so much you can’t correct. I’ve never been able to get more than a couple after having to go on the outside, but I was able to with the RBC on another attempt that I got 26 on.

This is amazing to me on a yoyo I just got! Usually, you have to “get to know” a yoyo before you can take her on that kind of date.

6 Likes