Let's break the Shoot the Moon record together

Lol, I take my Sasquatch on that “kind of date” more times than I care to admit

2 Likes

This video right here helped me adjust my technique and leveled me up from 2-3 STM’s up to 15 in a week. now the personal record is 20

5 Likes

Yeap it counts. I wasn’t thinking like a full sidewinder happening, maybe the string wrapping once or twice because you hand isn’t in the same plane as the yoyo, just small change in string tension.

That’s interesting, considering it wasn’t designed with looping in mind. Looks like if you already know how to do 2 handed shoot the moons pretty well, maybe just switch to using the RBC and you’ll be on your way to breaking the record.

1 Like

For Shoot the Moon, you want a more stable yoyo since flipping doesn’t happen. Loopers are harder to use for that trick. The RBC is more stable than a looper, but not so stable you can’t correct a bit.

Who said anything about two hands?! After decades, I can finally get a few with my dominant hand.:smiling_face:

4 Likes

How does one even get started with a 15 foot string?

I’m just trying to picture the first forward pass.

Is there a video of this 15ft shoot the moon?

3 Likes

I wonder how long the string was in that old Spintastics video?

1 Like

Ah I see, that makes a lot of sense.

Try it! It’ll be a lot of fun!

1 Like

Spinstars are a lot of fun, but the walls are too shallow to be the best for some of the more modern play.

Here’s my favorite Spinstar:

I’ve got a bunch of them!

Where are we at? Am I in the lead with 22? @kretzschmar Maybe you could update the leader in the OP?

7 Likes

yyben is currently in the lead at 100, and very good idea, I will update the original post.

Time for me to practice, lol.

Great work on 22, I seem to be stuck at 11 for now. I’m going to shorten the string some to see if that helps.

4 Likes

Okay. I have been just casual watching this thread. But I think I may take a run at Ben.

Broke out my ProYo II and got to 48 (counting at the backward peak) at my desk chair.

5 Likes

You got this!

#teamshootthemooninachair

3 Likes

Cool Spinstars @Myk_Myk!!!

4 Likes

Oh, missed Ben’s 100 somehow! That may be hard for me to beat.

I’ll send a Rehearse Live Spinstar to the first person to video themselves breaking 100. Other than Ben. He has plenty of them!

5 Likes

I haven’t even been able to crack 10 today. Hit 9 a few times in a row, trying the desk chair method instead of the “stand on knees” method for in-office moon shooting and I’m not sure if its helping or hurting my technique. it is more comfy though

2 Likes

(This user has been censored by forum moderators)

8 Likes

Was that the longest string Shoot the moon record?

2 Likes

I just rigged up a 16ft string and put 10minutes of practice into it. Its tough! I put an attempt on Yoyofactory instagram stories. didn’t really get close but with some practice…

Long string play is fun but over 14 foot ‘fun’ isn’t one of the words I would use. Tedious, annoying and dangerous are all more descriptive of the experience. Im going to rig up a flight and try again later today. the high walls will help the wind be cleaner and aid the regeneration.

14 Likes

I’m still trying to break my record of 3 lol :joy: unfortunately I don’t know the technique very well but I’m still practicing it. But I’m glad that I didn’t break my glasses yet :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Timing is everything.

8 Likes

Wasn’t Justin Weber or Higby doing long string STM’s? Can’t remember how long of string they were using though. Trying to find some youtube videos of them now

3 Likes