Loop 720 Spacers

I’m trying my hand (hands) at 2a and was wondering about spacers. I see mention of red, blue, green and some new ones come with purple. How can I find out about the thickness of different colors and how do you acquire them?

Green Spacers are good in the Spinstar

4 Likes

Red blue green in order from thin to thick… Shu i believe recommended red/blue in the 720.

5 Likes

Blue and light blue are the same

Red and purple are the same

Green is what came with OG 720s and aren’t great apparently

Most people use 1 blue 1 red in each yoyo. 2 red is very responsive, 2 blue isn’t responsive enough

They come stock with red (or purple)

5 Likes

Iirc the purple spacers were touted as being machined with better tolerances.
My skill level is nowhere near good enough to support or refute that

1 Like

Do the numbered spacers on the 2020 match up pretty close to the colored on the 720? 1=blue, 2=red/purple and 3=green?

This would be a @yyfben2.deactivated questions or @YoYoExpertGarrett may also know.

1 Like

He only recommended that for learning wrap tricks where both yoyos are long sleeping in an around the world motion. Here

Really? For me red and blue doesn’t feel responsive enough in the loop 720s. Where did you hear that?

2 Likes

That’s the recommended setup that Shu uses. I’m no expert but that’s how I have mine set up. It allows for long sleepers but also controlled loops. A lot also has to do with lube, string, etc. Spacers are just one part of the setup

1 Like

Where does Shu recommend that? I’ve only seen him recommend that in tutorials for long sleeping tricks and not loops.
I’m doubting your information to be honest, i don’t believe that most people who play 2A use red and blue spacers in their loop 720s. But maybe I’m wrong.

Can you throw two handed loops?

1 Like

Jesus Christ dude relax. I said I’m no expert

1 Like

I really tried to disagree as fiendly as possible🙁 sorry if i came off as unfriendly.

1 Like

【ヨーヨー】 Loop720のメンテナンス方法 | How to set up LOOP720【TUTORIAL】 - YouTube at 1 min in is where he says 1 red 1 blue, and that he recommends them. The newer versions come with 2 purple and to me 2 purples seems to be about the same as 1 red 1 blue. I don’t know how to tell which ones comes with what spacers.

5 Likes

Yea you need to work on that. Why come to a forum thread where someone is just asking for some info to start grilling a person who’s just trying to help? Chill your grill bro

I’m not trying to grill you! I believed that your information was wrong so I disagreed with you. This is a forum for discussion after all. I personally believe that only red spacers are better for starting to learn 2A than red and blue because that is my experience with learning 2A and that’s why I disagree.

I really didn’t mean to roast you, sorry again.

2 Likes

I didn’t know that Shu recommended that. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

It was a language thing. I understand how you read it as aggressive but I equally can see he was making an effort to be polite.

2 Likes

Yea it is what it is

2 Likes

I think I’ve got it:

Red, Blue, Green
Blue, Red, Green
Red and purple are the same
People like one blue and one red
People don’t like one red and one blue
Two purples (reds) feel like one red and one blue.

Is that correct???

I can only do dominant hand looping, but I found the stock 720 two red spacer response to be too responsive. Getting the yoyo to sleep at all was really hard and made every trick other than just the loops themselves feel borderline impossible for me. Everybody I saw recommended to get a pair of blue spacers to put one in each yoyo.

I mostly loop with fixies though and don’t do two handed looping, so take this with a grain of salt. Just backing up that I’ve seen a massive amount of people recommend 1 red + 1 blue in a 720 as their ideal 2A setup.

3 Likes