Loop 720 Spacers

I have red/blue in my 720s. I’m not super advanced in 2A, but I find it gives very consistent 2 handed loops while still allowing for strong sleepers if you mix in around the worlds or wraps.

I also chose red/blue after André told me he liked it the best… after Shu told him he liked it best. If it works well enough for those two I figured it’s the way to go.

4 Likes

Just try out different combinations and see what works for you. Try red/red vs red/blue spacers (but I think we all agree that blue/blue or even green spacers aren’t responsive enough). And also try out using lube vs running your bearings dry. 2A is a lot about tweaking your set up and finding out what works best for you. Good luck🙂

3 Likes

Generally, if you bought the new Loop 720s, all of which are Japan edition, they should come with the purple spacers which should work well enough for most tricks. The purple spacers are just slightly less responsive than the red ones but are more responsive than blue ones. Older versions of the Loop 720s (Japan edition) came with red spacers, and is what I use as my current setup. I find the red spacers to be alright for me, but I can see why a lot of people find it too responsive. It takes quite a bit of practice just to get the yoyo to sleep, because you have to absorb the impact of the yoyo hitting the bottom of the string. It forces you to learn how to throw a sleeper properly and ensure good string tension though, so it’s good practice for a beginner. In the past, there were also US editions Loop 720s that came with blue spacers. Many found it to be way too unresponsive to loop well and it did poorly. You had to ensure you didn’t get the US edition Loop 720s instead of the Japan edition or else you would have a hard time learning. I believe you can’t get the US edition Loop 720s anymore.

To sum up, you’ll likely want to go with the popular recommendation of 1 blue spacer and 1 red spacer, though I believe 2 purple spacers would achieve a similar response as well. 2 red spacers is good if you rather have a more responsive looper. Avoid having 2 blue spacers, a match of blue and green spacers or even 2 green spacers, those make looping extremely difficult.

Here’s the US edition Loop 720 (so you know what to avoid, though you probably can’t get them anymore):

6 Likes

Thank you for your response!! They actually have some red Japanese models with the retro caps and green spacers right now. I’m glad I didn’t go that way.

2 Likes

You’re welcome! Ohhh that’s interesting, definitely avoid the green spacers like the plague when you’re looking for looping yoyos.

3 Likes

I talked to some skilled 2A players this weekend and when asking about their favorite Loop 720 spacers I only heard about the red and blue combo. I was wrong, sorry.

3 Likes