2021 Yoyo Resolutions?

Magic Trick is a fun trick, and, it blows away non-yoyoers. They expect a huge knot and POOF! trapeze.

4 Likes

No resolutions; I just want to throw more. 2020 was rough and I took a long break from throwing. Starting to rediscover the joys of throwing and just gonna spend 2021 enjoying that :grin:

8 Likes

Throw more, find more SPYY…anyone got a Stryker? Been looking over and over for one…2020 (as rough as a year this was) did bring me a Spyder that I’ve been on the hunt for, the time was right.

5 Likes

That is nutty to read you type. 0A and @EOS44 seem to go together so well i can’t imagine what you will throw in 12 months if your goal is 0A.
Keep up the amazing work my friend.

2021 yoyo goals
Ditto what everyone said. Just keep getting better at whatever I’m throwing. Loving 1A obviously but i want to get a decent OA And 2A game. I wet my feet with 5A this year so i figure I’ll go in a bit further. Zontal? Maybe.
Deff need to downsize. But if all you yoyo makers keep your goals i doubt that will be possible.

6 Likes

I love your idea, should I join as well? just to make it even more fun and exciting.
I work for a yoyo shop on Aliexpress, if you guys are machining any of your yoyos in China, I will persuade the shop owner to carry your yoyos in our shop - where your yoyos are be shipped to almost any country on earth.

1 Like

Looks like we have distribution guys! :slight_smile:

Na, We’re just dreaming / kidding around. I shouldn’t make light of the hard work that goes into producing and delivering a good yoyo!

Maybe one day I will really try and figure it out. For now… I enjoy just holding them as much as I do throwing them.

3 Likes

Could a forum throw be created. Or would it get messy. To many ideas it would look like when homer designed a car.
thehomer

9 Likes

It could work, but it would take a lot of time and be tough. I remember a lot of arguments over code1 back in the day.

2 Likes

That is a thread I would definitely watch closely! I think it’s possible.

2 Likes
8 Likes

I’ll read that with my dinner. Ty fgs247 :heart:

4 Likes

So were you guys successful with your 2021 resolutions?

4 Likes

Seems like a cool idea. Think I’ll try to master Kwijibo by the end of the year. Way harder than I thought it would be.

2 Likes

actually, we as in i had another resolution a bit further down. “homer yos” the initial statement and what unfolded from there turned out to be quite successful. our, what would have been ‘homer yo’ aka ‘project y’ was an underground success, and i still have people write me to this day how much they love it

our recent sophmore release, the pv44, is available, and feedback has been stellar, and has been widely popular among our fans. and we just dropped our most recent proto - 138. expect to see more videos and pics of this floating around social media

we have a titanium prototype turning, project ti. modeled after the project y expect not just a ‘titanium iteration’. these will be here soon, amd we’ll fo preorders after that.

we have our first Team Signature throw design in the works. a bimetal that Team Member Casey Ryle is working on with us.

we have funds backup to sponsor a contest, but it’s tough out there - so i won’t get that one unless
we go online

6 Likes

only one of these isn’t in action, and i mentiomed it already

5 Likes

Got it done,although there’s still room for improvement. Finding a good fuel/fuel mixture has been the issue. As well as burn time, heating of metal, and refueling after use(still hot)

5 Likes

Just a bit over a month left in the year, how’s everybody doing with theirs? I’ve been thinking about what resolutions I might make for next year and figured it might be a good idea to check in on the resolutions I made last year.

I can cross off:

• film and share more stuff (on track to meet my goal of at least one post a month, big thanks to g2 Nate for starting the monthly classic trick remix and huge thanks to @Myk_Myk for keeping it going)
  • meet up with other local throwers (successfully accomplished in both GA and CA!)
  • go to worlds (there was no IRL worlds sooo….)

I wasn’t able to make it to either of the IRL competitors I heard of (Chesapeake and Scales Re-open), and my collection has grown instead of shrunk :sweat_smile: there’s still time for me to do more 5A, so I’ll work on crossing that one off with the time I have left.

9 Likes

Let’s see how I did!

Horizontal is a bit more reliable but I don’t have much more than the basic zontal gerbil down. Not helped by the slim/responsive yoyos I’ve been working on.

The only brand new design released so far was the Mk1 Contact, though we also released a 2nd run of the Exia, a 2nd run of the Umbra, and a 2nd run of the Contact. The RBC might will probably make it into 2021, and the unresponsive slimline is probably slipping to 2022. That’ll give me a good head start to next year!

We sponsored TWO new players, Connor and Luis, both of whom got neat sig colorways on the Contact (HamdogMelon and Lilac Lizard), and both made some contest appearances.

I could say I’ve been enjoying yoyo! What a busy year!

9 Likes

Didn’t go ham on 5a.

Had a TON of different yoyos machined (probably close to 20 different prototypes for other companies/people who hired me for design, and a couple of my own, including the assassin, d bearing 5050, Fusion and Kanto [these last 2 are coming early 2022]

8 Likes