What is your 2019 YoYo Resolution?

2019 is going to be the year!

The year you learn that new trick! Get that new throw! Travel to that contest!

What is your New Years YoYo Resolution? Would love to hear what tricks people plan to learn, if you plan to compete - and if you have any goals in yo-yo!

My own personal yo-yo goals is getting back to creating some awesome tutorials this year! :blush:

20 Likes

Hope I can make it to Cleveland this year! (Not to participate I mean, lol)

7 Likes

Lol me too! Cleveland here I come!

4 Likes

Learn more tricks! Plus Start Dabbling in 5a.

4 Likes

I would like to release some yoyos on Yoyoexpert this year if I can get over some of the hurdles in my way. Not so sure I can at this stage, though.

13 Likes

I would like to get my YouTube channel on a more regular schedule in 2019. I would also like to learn more tricks in 2019 than I learned in 2018. It would be great if I spent less money on throws than I did in 2018. It would also be awesome if I could make it to Cleveland.

6 Likes

Would love to make better quality tutorials and more tutorials. Also gonna try and get into CAD designing this year in my spare time. Most importantly I’m hoping to make more yoyo friends at contests this year. I’ll be going to NJ states, nats and world’s for sure!

9 Likes

to throw with sincerity (same as every year, and every throw).

to be a real human being, one a moment at a time, dissolved in something without being attached to its point or goal.

to allow my yo-yoing to make me a better person.

(those are all the same thing.)

18 Likes

To take yoyofriends to a whole new level! Work on even more interesting designs with my friend and scout/sponsor even more amazing players, judge for contest and overall helping the yoyo community more!

12 Likes

I want to become as good as Evan Nagau. (But I know it takes decades to become as good as him.)

6 Likes

I’m excited to see so many people planning to go to Cleveland!

4 Likes

My personal resolution is be a better version of me. I also need to make healthier choices. I used to be a multisport athlete and spent a decent amount of time in the gym. I was 175lbs and after a knee injury slowed down and am 230lbs. I need to get down under under 200 and closer to 190.

My yoyo resolution is to continue to enjoy throwing and to keep learning. I don’t expect to be great, but I really want to improve fixed axle play and casual 1A combos that flow nice and are relaxing. If that makes any sense. I am really excited to see some new tutorials the @AndreBoulay is planning as well as all the amazing players on this forum who are creating.

9 Likes

To perfect my yoyo ninja skills. To provide opportunity for others to experience the world of yo. Yo everywhere I go.

For me yoyoing has become more of a lifelong lifestyle and it’s time my yoyoing evolves a bit, into something even more special, just not sure what that evolution will look like, open my mind, try something new and just yo with the flow I guess.

8 Likes

Hopefully I can convince my parents to go to worlds. I really want to see all of you. Y’all seem like nice people.

14 Likes

I want to make a real effort to attempt some of the more difficult tricks that I’ve shied away from, and I want to be more involved with this community!

9 Likes

I’d really like to enter the tops sports ladder division in Cleveland. Just to say I did. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hoping to go to Cleveland for Worlds and maybe even try to get to Nationals in Philly. I want to learn more tech and whip/slack stuff, and really move from that beginner/intermediate stage to a more advanced thrower. Also just got my first offstring to start trying out 4A, and want to get a looper as well.

3 Likes

Going to my first contest and possibly my second to spectate at World’s & Nationals.
Also learning new tricks of course

4 Likes

Also to head north and visit the fine folks at One Drop.

4 Likes

Oh man, I’d love to do that

2 Likes