What are your 2023 New Years ResoYOlutions?!

ok that was bad^^^ but anywho…

-To make up more YoYo Tricks!
-Make Tutorials!
-to learn how to do Tangler LOL!!

What about you?!

18 Likes

Finally break down and learn how to do DNA since no one is saying “yeah, but can you walk the dog?” anymore.

9 Likes

Mine is simple, acquire more variety of brands. Right now I am heavy on YoYofactory and One Drop

4 Likes
  • Start to collect more one drop, I always wished to have some and finally I am starting
  • Record lot of videos and tutorials as I keep creating tricks and forget them
  • Open an Instagram for yoyo
  • Maybe get sponsored from a brand I love
  • Go to more meetings in my city
  • Go to more contest
  • Keep having fun!
12 Likes

Not yo-yo related but I’m excited to be getting a new pacemaker with more wires connected to my heart in two weeks that will hopefully help it beat with more efficiency therefore allowing me to get back on my mountain bike and get back up in these mountains again. I want to learn how to shoot the moon while doing a one handed wheelie. Lol. I can do them both but not at the same time yet

16 Likes

I need to learn more hooks, I can’t even land a 2.0
Edit: I can only land a 2.5 1/100 times, but I have grown a lot since last year

6 Likes

Which tangler, 2a or 5a?

I need to learn 5a for sure this year.

4 Likes

Complete Gentry Stein Chopsticks combo and Nagao Hops.
Probably learn some yoyo tricks with Erik Koloski’s yoyo tutorials that may come out next year.

4 Likes

both LOL!

3 Likes

Can I request a soloham tangler from you as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

5A. I can only do basic tricks and would really like to get do anything close to my 1A skills.

2 Likes

I can do speed combos and slacks and all that nonsense but can’t get more than a 1.5 hook lol 2.0 and up just isn’t clicking so my goal is to hit a 3.0 or better by the end 2023 :sweat_smile:

Edit: up to 3.0 and horizontal 2.0 hooks
(6/6/2023)

4 Likes

you got this!!! - What I found that was helpful is grabbing the string with your non throw hand pretty close to your throw hand while forming the wrap around strings so that you have a bigger loop to hit the hook!

Best of luck! 3.0 is also on my list as well haha

2 Likes

Advance my skills in 1A and 5A. I really only picked up yoyo again about 6 months ago. I want to get more consistent with 5A fundamentals to move onto more difficult tricks and combos and I want to get into more technical tricks in 1A. I might branch out into 2A as well but I don’t know that I have a strong drive or enough free time to really get into that much.

2 Likes

I’m 73. Fitness and diet…

The old classics - like me…

9 Likes

In this last year I thought a lot about age and growing up (I am 30) and I was thinking a lot about life and if I will be able to do what I love for life.
Hearing your age and knowing you still playing and buying yoyos is the best thing ever, really make me think that I will play yoyo and piano my whole life, you enlighten my day thank you!

6 Likes

I’m going to actually learn how to use these with the goal of competing in next year’s ny states. Wish me luck!

12 Likes

I should focus on learning more. 3A and 4A are super cool, I want to learn those. I also haven’t really posted myself yoyoing so I’ll need to do that next year

2 Likes

I resolve to restrict my YoyoExpert Forum usage to no more than 25 site visits per day.

9 Likes

Spend more time learning 4A… Especially as I keep acquiring new 4A throws.

4 Likes